Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I was reading my paper on Sunday when I came across a small article about the new rule regarding Subs. It appears that now the player coming  off can now leave the pitch at any point on the park and does  not have to come off at the halfway line at the tunnel. The article went on to say that the writer could see problems with this in certain games in Scotland, particularly with an old firm game, if a player had to walk all the way round the pitch but thankfully he said, the ref is allowed to use his discretion with this and can allow players to leave as before at the Halfway line.  I am merely bringing this to every ones attention in the hope, that the young QP Committee men who was at the Partick game does not embarrass the club or indeed himself again with his screaming, I repeat screaming, at the ref that he should know the new rule and that Partick were wasting time by their player coming off at the tunnel. His behaviour was not the way a QP Committee man should, in my opinion behave, when on official duty with the Club and indeed the ref was merely using, rightly or wrongly, his discretion on this occasion.

It would be a struggle to describe any of the committee as young (no offence, etc etc)

Edited by Chester Desmond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I was reading my paper on Sunday when I came across a small article about the new rule regarding Subs. It appears that now the player coming  off can now leave the pitch at any point on the park and does  not have to come off at the halfway line at the tunnel. The article went on to say that the writer could see problems with this in certain games in Scotland, particularly with an old firm game, if a player had to walk all the way round the pitch but thankfully he said, the ref is allowed to use his discretion with this and can allow players to leave as before at the Halfway line.  I am merely bringing this to every ones attention in the hope, that the young QP Committee men who was at the Partick game does not embarrass the club or indeed himself again with his screaming, I repeat screaming, at the ref that he should know the new rule and that Partick were wasting time by their player coming off at the tunnel. His behaviour was not the way a QP Committee man should, in my opinion behave, when on official duty with the Club and indeed the ref was merely using, rightly or wrongly, his discretion on this occasion.

Tut tut. I have rustled my sweetie papers in symbolic discontent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It would be a struggle to describe any of the committee as young (no offence, etc etc)


I think that’s a tad unfair, a committee position is usually taken by people who have the time, I.e. Retired folk so it’s not a shock they are on the older side of the support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if the post was meant to be tongue in cheek or not. However, abusing referees should be a prerequisite for becoming a committee  or board member at any lower league club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, an86 said:

I'm not sure if the post was meant to be tongue in cheek or not. However, abusing referees should be a prerequisite for becoming a committee  or board member at any lower league club. 

Are you related to Peter Buchanan by any chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NathanQP said:

 


I think that’s a tad unfair, a committee position is usually taken by people who have the time, I.e. Retired folk so it’s not a shock they are on the older side of the support.

 

Oh absolutely. I wasn't having a go at them. I was just surprised to see Dooflick writing about a young committee man and wondering who it could be.  I'm sure we're all grateful for the experience they bring to the club. 

Edited by Chester Desmond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ciaran Summers signed on again. Will be  interesting to see if he gets in to the team. Been impressed with Clark so far so i’d very much doubt he’ll walk into the first eleven 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ciaran Summers signed on again. Will be  interesting to see if he gets in to the team. Been impressed with Clark so far so i’d very much doubt he’ll walk into the first eleven 
Quite pleased to hear this. I agree that he may be back up for Clark, but I'm not sure we had anyone else to cover that position if Clark is unavailable. Plus competition for places is good for all concerned and will hopefully bring out the best in both of them. Have been very impressed with the last two performances with everyone playing well, but my concern is that the squad may be a bit thin, and that we may struggle if we are hit with a few injuries and/or suspensions. Hopefully there will be a few more names added in the coming days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Competition for places can only be a positive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ciaran Summers signed on again. Will be  interesting to see if he gets in to the team. Been impressed with Clark so far so i’d very much doubt he’ll walk into the first eleven 

Summers is at Uni so it may be he found the other clubs he's been trialling with are less accommodating. My son had a pal at Rangers who came up through the ranks and was let go at 22 with absolutely zero experience of anything other than being a failed footballer. Hopefully he'll be back for the right reasons. Nothing wrong with trying to better himself. Nothing wrong with a bit of humble pie.

Besides, Roberts has an eye for switching a player's role. Scott McLean came on a treat when switched to FB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also felt Summers was better going forward than defending so Roberts maybe sees him as an option playing further up the park. He was never that great at cutting out crosses. A lot of goals we lost last season were from crosses from his side. However he has now added goals to his game so he may play him in front of Cammy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I also felt Summers was better going forward than defending so Roberts maybe sees him as an option playing further up the park. He was never that great at cutting out crosses. A lot of goals we lost last season were from crosses from his side. However he has now added goals to his game so he may play him in front of Cammy.

He's got pace and energy. Both needed if you're going to play off Davie Galt. The signing pic on the OS suggests Roberts is pleased to have him. If Billy Mortimer could sort his final pass out he'd be a good balance on the right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only seen promising things, so far. Played well in all of the games and the team has looked cohesive with all of the new guys looking decent.

I still feel we need an experienced head or two. These aren't easy to come by, I know. The sort of players who know what's required to dig in for a result at this level when we're not necessarily playing well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you playing home games at Airdrie this season or is this just for Betfred Cup games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus the Tunnock's game against Celtic's weans.

Are you playing home games at Airdrie this season or is this just for Betfred Cup games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/07/2019 at 20:16, Chester Desmond said:

Oh absolutely. I wasn't having a go at them. I was just surprised to see Dooflick writing about a young committee man and wondering who it could be.  I'm sure we're all grateful for the experience they bring to the club. 

Maybe young in relation to Dooflick, who sounds about 90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...