Queen's Park 2019/20

Thompson really does look the part. Understandably, we made a few subs. Felt like we really clicked in the early part of the second half and played some nice stuff. More positive than I was a couple of weeks ago, but you can't read too much into these or the League Cup games. 

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Thompson looks an outstanding talent and his goal was absolutely brilliant 

Indeed, I don't care what the constitution says, I hope Mark Roberts and the President are at his door at a minute past midnight on his 16th birthday with a professional contract for him to sign.

On 03/07/2019 at 15:54, Neilly said:

Has McKernon always been chubby? Looked like he had been doing double burgers on his holiday.

Seemed to get about the park fine though. 

On 03/07/2019 at 16:52, The man with no name said:

He always came back to pre-season overweight but he works his socks off and by the time it all starts he will be fine. 

9 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Lads, has Jamie McKernon always looked a couple of pounds overweight? That was the first time I've seen him and while I was impressed with his use of the ball, he looked out of shape.

Looking forward to weekly updates on Jamie McKernan's tubbiness throughout the season

Edited by Chester Desmond

Well 3 weeks ago I was worried about what kind of squad Mark would assemble.

Watched last nights game against Cumbernauld Colts and was impressed and relieved.

Good to see muir back in goals he is a good organiser and good talker.

At the back the new centre halfs from largs are organised aggressive and good on the ball. Young Clark at left back looks to be a find her us. Fantastic on the ball strong in the tackle and good going forward. James Grant on the right looked better last night I have never been his greatest fan but looked more at ease in this team.

Midfield we had our new loan signing Tommy from Hibs. He looked strong good on the ball and a good tackler with good talking. This in turn meant Calvin played a bit more forward and I seen a different side to his game. 

Galt was excellent looked very fit and linked up well with the new players and his penalty winning skills are still excellent. The boy Jack looked technically very good and should enjoy games st Hampden. Nice finish for his goal and good link up with galt and Sal.

Onto Sal who impressed me most last night. Holds the ball up well good in the air and an eye for goal.  Took his goal well and full of running.

The subs done well and as the same as everyone young Regan has ability in abundance. Hopefully Mark will use him a lot this season. Kieran done his usual pressing and working hard but I think he will be back up to Sal this year.

Could do with another midfielder and striker just to boost our squad I think. 

A young energetic squad will lots of pace going forward. Strong defence with good goalkeeper behind.  Now looking forward to the season. The betfred cup games will allows this team to get to know each other. 

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I'm looking to have a retro top produced for the souvenir shop and I'm wondering if anyone has a club shirt badge from the 1960s.

Excellent idea. Been looking on Ebay for an old style QP top for ages. Understandably, there's not been many kicking around. 

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I'm looking to have a retro top produced for the souvenir shop and I'm wondering if anyone has a club shirt badge from the 1960s.

Got this badge from an original players umbro 1990 shirt if its of any use?

Good idea re the retro tops. I got the people at Toffs retro shirts to make me some of the 1980's Bukta shirts, mainly the away ones, red shirt with white collar and black bib with red/black hooped long sleeves, all white shirt with red,black stripe down both sleeves and the white shirt with black collar and pinstripes.

IMG_0977.JPG

Edited by hampdenspider

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

http://www.qpfc.com/appearances/m/mackaymd.htm

Doesn't show where the gold braid was. Maybe Malky has an old shirt in the bottom drawer

That's probably what I'd go for; round collar and good old cotton.  Cheers.  I don't remember any gold braid; I know that Toffs used to do a top with a colourful badge, but I'm not sure that we ever used on like that.  Happy to be corrected.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

41 minutes ago, hampdenspider said:

Got this badge from an original players umbro 1990 shirt if its of any use?

Good idea re the retro tops. I got the people at Toffs retro shirts to make me some of the 1980's Bukta shirts, mainly the away ones, red shirt with white collar and black bib with red/black hooped long sleeves, all white shirt with red,black stripe down both sleeves and the white shirt with black collar and pinstripes.

IMG_0977.JPG

Good graphic; cheers.