Queen's Park 2019/20

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I can't say I'm relishing the prospect of things like clearing snow off the park

Impending climate breakdown will probably have eliminated winter as a season by the time this becomes an issue, so I wouldn't worry about it.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

I can't say I'm relishing the prospect of things like clearing snow off the park,

Remember a bunch of us doing this (along with Cowboy) on New Year's Day 2001 to get it ready for playing Thistle the following day. Went there straight from a party still pished.

Happy Days! 

5 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Your right, but  I understand it was said by somebody at the AGM, our income is going to be down about £300k per year, please tell me where we are going to get £300k from or indeed anything like that to run our full youth system, offer them the minimum wage when they are 18 and indeed play our first team players as well?

Exactly why we need to go professional. How do we make that up if we stay amateur??? No chance! If we offer youngsters minimum wage contracts and they go elsewhere we are due substantial training compensation that we can't claim as we can't offer professional contracts. It is our only way to survive!

No sure Roberts is as guarded. He was standing in the middle of a hurricane in a midweek post match interview at Berwick in March telling us that Galt and Moore were coming back! 
It probably says something about the character of the players involved that he felt confident enough to say that. Last night, he said that 5 or 6 players had agreed to come this season but had subsequently gone elsewhere despite this.

It probably says something about the character of the players involved that he felt confident enough to say that. Last night, he said that 5 or 6 players had agreed to come this season but had subsequently gone elsewhere despite this.

The guys probably meant it at the time but money aside, it wouldn't be a tough sell to say "come to us for our promotion push this year" versus the uncertainty around our club at the moment.

Completely on board with the argument that we should be paid for the development of young talent. It would either bring much needed revenue to develop a higher quality or make the predatory PL teams show some real commitment if they want a player rather than taking speculative punts because they are getting free goods.

The longer we deny this scenario the more likely the end of QPFC, at least as a senior team. Fans, members and committee owe it to all that went before to get this right.

11 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Any update from Q &A

We have signed a young midfielder on loan from Hibs for the season. Didn't say his name 

Gerry said we have an extension to play at Hampden for 6 months in the contract with the SFA should Lesser not be ready by August 1  

38 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

We have signed a young midfielder on loan from Hibs for the season. Didn't say his name 

Gerry said we have an extension to play at Hampden for 6 months in the contract with the SFA should Lesser not be ready by August 1  

I wouldn't make that one public nearer the time. Pile a couple of thousand, including every groundhopper in the land, in for the Cove Rangers game for our emotional farewell. Then do it all again next season for a second farewell if Lesser isn't ready. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I wouldn't make that one public nearer the time. Pile a couple of thousand, including every groundhopper in the land, in for the Cove Rangers game for our emotional farewell. Then do it all again next season for a second farewell if Lesser isn't ready. 

That's the kind of ruthless commercial behaviour that we need going forward. I'd also check the contract to see if we have to handover the stadium with seats and a full pitch.

I sought out the man with the gen on the whole compensation scenario. We are not now entitled to compensation once youth players reach a certain age unless we offer them paid footballing employment.

There are UEFA (FIFA?) rules on this but they are delegated to individual football associations to interpret them. The SFA have interpreted them such that amateur contracts, and hence the years that lads gave been trained under those contracts, are not worth the paper they're written on; considerably less. The upshot is, we train Michael Ruth for 8 years and Aberdeen swoop in and do not have to pay us a penny.

My understanding is that a similar situation in other countries would result in compensation whatever contract the lad was on. This is an SFA decision. Again, we are shafted by this useless and self-serving mob.

Four lads have joined top flight Scottish clubs from our youth system this year and we are entitled to zero. If any of them joined a non-Scottish club, we would receive compensation.

The club has a youth system this punches well above its weight, largely through the dedication of the unpaid coaching staff. A change in interpretation of the UEFA rules would have a considerable amount of income coming to the club for us to invest in future talent. But what club is going to push for a change when it might cost them a couple of thousand pounds? None in this bloody country.

Ragin'

Then you should simply change your antiquated model to the one used by every other club of your size in the country, instead of whinging about the SFA not protecting your particular interests for the umpteenth time. 

46 minutes ago, The Spider said:

And with a great sense of timing following recent discussions, i hear from the club that the hare is officially off and running now.

It had to happen soon. Whatever path we choose, the post-Hampden QP framework is going to have to be in place by next summer and the new era will begin. This, in my view, is the most important season in our 152 year history. Whether we're playing league football in our new home, or not, will decide what trajectory we're going to take in the longer term. 

Edited by an86

18 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Tommy block is the player I believe

Cheers mate. 

Tommy Block signed for Hibs in January this year from Bognor Regis, I know he was quite well thought of there. Played in the development/reserve team for Hibs after signing, hasn't made a first team appearance so far.