Queen's Park 2019/20

As of Tuesday, 19 players (and counting) lost from 2018/19, illustrating the challenge for Mark Roberts. Sigh.
I kind of expected most of them; Roberts, Hart etc., surprised at Euan East and McKernon, but the one I find hard to live with is McLean to Annan. If it was indeed for a bit of cash, I would have thought a better move all round would be up a division.

....and counting?

1 minute ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I kind of expected most of them; Roberts, Hart etc., surprised at Euan East and McKernon, but the one I find hard to live with is McLean to Annan. If it was indeed for a bit of cash, I would have thought a better move all round would be up a division.

....and counting?

Players like Summers are training with Dumbarton currently so he’s not a confirmed departure yet 

On 03/07/2019 at 12:01, The man with no name said:

The youth system is the most successful part of the Club and the part that offers us the best chance of survival as a professional club. Why would we downsize it. Our players are leaving our under 18 side and going to Premier League clubs. We are losing considerable sums of money because we can't offer even a part-time minimum wage contract. 

Your right, but  I understand it was said by somebody at the AGM, our income is going to be down about £300k per year, please tell me where we are going to get £300k from or indeed anything like that to run our full youth system, offer them the minimum wage when they are 18 and indeed play our first team players as well?

9 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Your right, but  I understand it was said by somebody at the AGM, our income is going to be down about £300k per year, please tell me where we are going to get £300k from or indeed anything like that to run our full youth system, offer them the minimum wage when they are 18 and indeed play our first team players as well?

Will we need that much? Genuine question, I have no idea. Do teams like the Rovers spend that much?

5 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Will we need that much? Genuine question, I have no idea. Do teams like the Rovers spend that much?

We're not too far away from you and run a set-up with all players usually on professional contracts. Our wage bill is typically low six figures, funded by gates, sponsorship and fund-raisers.  It's how clubs survive at this level. We have no social club so it all has to be raised through graft and supporter benevolence.

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

We're not too far away from you and run a set-up with all players usually on professional contracts. Our wage bill is typically low six figures, funded by gates, sponsorship and fund-raisers.  It's how clubs survive at this level. We have no social club so it all has to be raised through graft and supporter benevolence.

Cheers.

There will be plenty of graft from the support. In fact that has been happening for years through the efforts of our supporters' association, including running events and socials to raise money for all sorts, like the youth funds. Having our own social club makes a huge difference

We're simply going to have to do what every other club does. We've been very comfortable for a long time in terms of guaranteed income and league status. It's real world time now.

I can't say I'm relishing the prospect of things like clearing snow off the park, but these are the small things that we'll now have to deal with.