Queen's Park 2019/20

The name Luke Main has appeared on the OS...a midfielder. Assuming that's our lad from the reserves? If it's the guy I'm thinking of down at Berwick he looked quite handy...and competitive.
Looked a wee bit gallus, if I remember correctly.

Supporters' AGM this Thursday and maybe we'll hear about signings from the head coach. Gus was notoriously guarded about giving out any player news (as have all QP coaches since I've been going re ins and outs); Mark Roberts might be the same. The Club can only tell us what the coach wants them to. Frankly, I'm not that bothered until we see the guys on the park. We'll have a few trialists kicking about for the next couple of weeks, no doubt. Some guys out there will still be looking for cash but might be open to QP if the cash doesn't materialise.

The only players that will be on sub £100 pw will be youngsters and Kyle Marley.
Cheers. Lots of chat on our future re status of the players; based on this, we'd be looking at finding a minimum of about £1500 a week to field a semi-pro team. A decent scorer at our level can get £250 pw. Rory was apparently on a basic of £650. Kelty are reputedly flinging about £500 at at least one of their players.

46 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Remember that our three top scorers last season were Lewis Hawke, Scott McLean and David Galt. Players that were signed later in the season.

Best not to make too many predictions based on who has signed by 1 July.

Very true. Looking around a few of the other teams we're not alone in still working things out either. For teams like ours the LC section should always be about experimenting and testing. Really hope Foy makes a go of it this year.

Guest The Phoenix

Any player being paid less than circa £80 per week is likely to be under the level of the NMW, particularly during the weeks where away  travel is involved. 

The NMW requirement cannot be averaged across the season. 

Clearly this requirement makes things tougher for the likes of Elgin and Cove in particular. 

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Supporters' AGM this Thursday and maybe we'll hear about signings from the head coach. Gus was notoriously guarded about giving out any player news (as have all QP coaches since I've been going re ins and outs); Mark Roberts might be the same. The Club can only tell us what the coach wants them to. Frankly, I'm not that bothered until we see the guys on the park. We'll have a few trialists kicking about for the next couple of weeks, no doubt. Some guys out there will still be looking for cash but might be open to QP if the cash doesn't materialise.

No sure Roberts is as guarded. He was standing in the middle of a hurricane in a midweek post match interview at Berwick in March telling us that Galt and Moore were coming back! 

Edited by an86

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Correct, it's the same every year at our club yet folk still get their knickers in a twist about it.  Nothing wrong with the pre-season buzz, can't wait til it all starts again myself, but the sense of panic never fails to baffle me

2 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

1945 kick off tonight I've been told but these games have been known to start earlier 

I thought kick-off gets delayed until Boris and the other members of the inner-inner clique are all in their reserved seats?

35 minutes ago, The Spider said:

I thought kick-off gets delayed until Boris and the other members of the inner-inner clique are all in their reserved seats?

Think I'll just have a wee wander up and take my chances that the front gate won't be locked.  Might even have a beer in the social club.