Queen's Park 2019/20

Delighted with this. Thought Thistle's relegation and the fact he has a connection there could have been problematic for us. Really pleased for him to be getting a crack at full-time after all he's done at QP. Great ambassador for the club as well. 

Galt's exactly the sort of guy we should be firing Lord Haughey's cash at. Top guy on a personal basis; the sort you'd pay a premium to watch; and bangs them in against the Bully Wee with gusto.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Watching the 7-1 Berwick game from 18/19. Criminal that we didn't get double figures. Some outrageous goals. It was as if we'd agreed not to score simple ones. 7-0 after 73 minutes.

Berwick score one in the 80th minute and the scorer makes to run for the ball for a quick kick off, then thinks better of it. Hilarious.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

10 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Watching the 7-1 Berwick game from 18/19. Criminal that we didn't get double figures. Some outrageous goals. It was as if we'd agreed not to score simple ones. 7-0 after 73 minutes.

Berwick score one in the 80th minute and the scorer makes to run for the ball for a quick kick off, then thinks better of it. Hilarious.

Sang some songs, had some fun, we pumped Berwick... 

58 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Even Gow looked a player that day. They were terrible, but we were very, very good. 

Player of the year awards up on facebook and YouTube. Very well put together package given the circumstances, well done to all who had a hand in producing it. And well done to all the well deserved winners, difficult to argue with any of the results. Also great to see an interview with Sal, does that mean he'll be today's 5pm announcement....?[emoji848]🤞

12 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Player of the year awards up on facebook and YouTube. Very well put together package given the circumstances, well done to all who had a hand in producing it. And well done to all the well deserved winners, difficult to argue with any of the results. Also great to see an interview with Sal, does that mean he'll be today's 5pm announcement....?emoji848.png🤞

Wullie Muir

14 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Player of the year awards up on facebook and YouTube. Very well put together package given the circumstances, well done to all who had a hand in producing it. And well done to all the well deserved winners, difficult to argue with any of the results. Also great to see an interview with Sal, does that mean he'll be today's 5pm announcement....?emoji848.png🤞

Sal did allude to adding to his total 'next year'.

Delighted with Muir staying on again. Was worried that the incoming of Bell signalled the end for him however I think it was impossible to not offer Muir a contract based on his performances the last 4 months of the season where he was outstanding. We’ve got 2 very capable keepers now therefore the healthy competition should only act as benefit for the whole squad 

Willie pulls of some awesome saves but he’s also very vocal on the park. Probably thee most vocal before Grant arrived. I’m sure he’s not a shy character at training and in the dressing room. I think that’s important too.  I’m sure Sal will follow shortly. He spoke that way accepting his award. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

28 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I really want to see MacLean in the squad. His service to Sal could be devastating.

Always assumed he was one of the players on 18 month deals when he signed in January. I imagine he had to prove his fitness to Ray because I’m pretty sure he’s got a dodgy injury record. Been a great signing so far, hopefully he’s here with us next season 

On 05/06/2020 at 11:19, qpfc said:

Football is a ruthless business and managers are under pressure to succeed, particularly for someone like McKinnon. He’ll know fine well that if he screws this job up, he’s finished at this level therefore he can’t afford to keep players just because they are part of the youth system. Mcgrory is probably the only one out of the players mentioned from the system that would have any chance of competing for a place next season and even then I doubt he’d start anyway.

The dream that some people had of an entire youth 11 with Billy Mortimer leading the line on the way to glory is never going be a reality in the current world of football 

If they’re good enough, they’ll play simple as that 

Yeah, agreed.  it would have led us to the Lowland League.

Our youth system can only improve now we can offer players a pathway to full time football within the club. The youth teams will play at a higher level for a start ( not sure when that will happen mind you)   

On 04/06/2020 at 13:07, an86 said:

Suspect it's possibly the 20s who have all gone. The only thing that would make sense. 

Yeah and I suspect that was the question Dooflick was asking when he specifically mentioned youth players ( not first team squad players) 

Anyone  know if anyone from our youth system is stepping up to the first team squad? 

On 05/06/2020 at 00:22, spider1867 said:

If Mr Haughley is bankrolling it, Why are we going full time in League 2? When everyone else does not know where their next pay check is coming from. He is a businessman who does not through away money. 

Are you suggesting that he isn't funding our playing budget? Or are you doubting his motives?

The guys is a businessman but he is also a well known philanthropist. They throw money at things they think are good causes without expecting a financial reward in return. In this case his local team.