Queen's Park 2019/20

I worry that Thistle's relegation to League One and subsequent cost cutting might be it likely for Galt to go there. If you had a player of proven lower league quality already on your employment roll, what would you do? 

A guy fulfilling two roles is what employers would call good "streamlining" and what everyone else would call "costcutting." A no brainer for both parties from where I'm sitting, unless we offer him very, very good terms. 

Edited by an86

3 hours ago, an86 said:

I worry that Thistle's relegation to League One and subsequent cost cutting might be it likely for Galt to go there. If you had a player of proven lower league quality already on your employment roll, what would you do? 

A guy fulfilling two roles is what employers would call good "streamlining" and what everyone else would call "costcutting." A no brainer for both parties from where I'm sitting, unless we offer him very, very good terms. 

I'm not too fussed about Thistle.

Can't see football starting anytime soon so makes me wonder at the Premier League's rush to get the season started in July. Never going to happen!

I'm certain that whenever football does start we will have a strong squad capable of competing at the top of the table.

40 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

I'm not too fussed about Thistle.

Can't see football starting anytime soon so makes me wonder at the Premier League's rush to get the season started in July. Never going to happen!

I'm certain that whenever football does start we will have a strong squad capable of competing at the top of the table.

I reckon they'll definitely make a move and you could see why he'd be very tempted. He's a guy I'd like to see remain at the club for years to come. 

Aye, no danger we'll be starting soon and I think the signing of a lot of players will be pretty last minute before kick off. No chance of closed door at this level either, which is why I think an eighteen game season where we play each other twice might be the most likely structure for the season. You could kick that off fairly late in the day, even into 2021, and get it done.

Looking at the direction we're going in, us and Edinburgh City will be the favourites for the title. They've spent a few quid and not gone up and will look at this group of teams and fancy it as much as we will. Certainly won't be easy, though. Character is almost as important as ability at this level. 

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Things didn't work out elsewhere. He seems to be like Davie Anderson, in that enjoying his football is most important.  I think he's now a stayer.

Without wanting to appear like a circling vulture, I see that Stuart Morrison and Paul Paton are among seventeen players not having their contracts renewed by Dunfermline.... 

58 minutes ago, an86 said:

Without wanting to appear like a circling vulture, I see that Stuart Morrison and Paul Paton are among seventeen players not having their contracts renewed by Dunfermline.... 

Was really impressed with Morrison when he moved into his natural position at centre back. Strong, quick, reliable and seemed to form a great partnership with Grant before the season finished. Would like to think we’d be in a strong position to sign him if we want him back permanently 

Also looking at that list, Andy Ryan has also been released. Tore us apart when he was with Airdrie a few years back and would have him in a heartbeat 

Despite the awful circumstances of this pandemic, we might ultimately benefit from this In terms of recruiting quality players 

Edited by qpfc

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

Despite the awful circumstances of this pandemic, we might ultimately benefit from this In terms of recruiting quality players 

I think we will. We're probably going to be the most stable club in the bottom three leagues. 

Hi folks - I hope everyone is keeping well. 

Does anyone have knowledge about the players returning to their parent clubs this Summer? I’m assuming Josh Doig’s contract was until the end of the season which is a bummer. He always made a positive impact. 

With holidays cancelled, I’ve got a few quid spare for a new top next season... any rumours kickin’ aboot? 😉

stay safe, keep the faith

Edited by QPSpider1867

Unsure on the loanees. Think we'll still use that market, but to a lesser extent. We should be in the position to sign players of sufficient quality on a permanent basis all over the park. 

A good number of guys on the released lists, and guys we know are out of contract, that I'd be at least asking the question to. Stuart Morrison, Paul Paton, Alan Trouten, and even Declan McManus will be within our range. It's just whether they have options further up the leagues or not. 

McKinnon likes a 4-2-3-1. Imagine something along the lines of Paton and Slater in the middle, Trouten playing as a ten, Galt and McLean wide, McManus up front in League Two. That's if we actually have a season, of course. 

Unsure on the loanees. Think we'll still use that market, but to a lesser extent. We should be in the position to sign players of sufficient quality on a permanent basis all over the park. 
A good number of guys on the released lists, and guys we know are out of contract, that I'd be at least asking the question to. Stuart Morrison, Paul Paton, Alan Trouten, and even Declan McManus will be within our range. It's just whether they have options further up the leagues or not. 
McKinnon likes a 4-2-3-1. Imagine something along the lines of Paton and Slater in the middle, Trouten playing as a ten, Galt and McLean wide, McManus up front in League Two. That's if we actually have a season, of course. 

Granted we don’t want to use too many loans but I doubt you’d find a better left back than Doig on a permanent deal.