Queen's Park 2019/20

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Let's spin this in another light. Just to stir the camp.  If a conflicting opinion is allowed folks?

Ray can't be assessed on the Stenny or Edinburgh games. He didn't know the players, got major assisting in picking the teams and has wiped out nearly all of the players in the starting 11.

So, based on the 8 games he's left his stamp on with his new squad (many of which are full-time), he's had 4 wins 3 draws 1 loss. 50% wins with 8 (could be wrong) new players including full-time professionals. Not great is it. The other side of that coin is 1 loss in 8 games is still excellent. But, with the money spent at this level, it's expected I'm afraid. He's not shown any decision making during a game that's impressed me.

I like Ray and I like some of the new crop that's came in. I also stated in January that i'm expecting nothing from this season. However, my stance has changed. Not making top 4 would be a failure. I think someone noted you can't build a team in January. He's had a fair stab at it. 

Of course he can be judged on the opening two games. The mood in the camp is unlikely to have changed without a good appointment. It's not just tactics and signings that are relevant. 

Let's spin this in another light. Just to stir the camp.  If a conflicting opinion is allowed folks?
Ray can't be assessed on the Stenny or Edinburgh games. He didn't know the players, got major assisting in picking the teams and has wiped out nearly all of the players in the starting 11.
So, based on the 8 games he's left his stamp on with his new squad (many of which are full-time), he's had 4 wins 3 draws 1 loss. 50% wins with 8 (could be wrong) new players including full-time professionals. Not great is it. The other side of that coin is 1 loss in 8 games is still excellent. But, with the money spent at this level, it's expected I'm afraid. He's not shown any decision making during a game that's impressed me.
I like Ray and I like some of the new crop that's came in. I also stated in January that i'm expecting nothing from this season. However, my stance has changed. Not making top 4 would be a failure. I think someone noted you can't build a team in January. He's had a fair stab at it. 
Have I missed something?
You twice mentioned "full time" players.
Are any of our players signed on full time contracts?

7 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Have I missed something?
You twice mentioned "full time" players.
Are any of our players signed on full time contracts?

That's the rumours we are going to a full time model from next year. Can't see it myself if we remain in league 2. 

Can’t believe there are people already questioning McKinnon. To not count the opening 2 games aswell is daft, i honestly don’t think we’d have won either the Stenny or Edinburgh game with Roberts in charge. Isn’t it a testament to Mckinnon’s managerial capabilities that he was able to use the same players that have failed so often this season to go to Edinburgh, who were undefeated at home at the time and tactically out play them ? Our record against the better teams in the league under Roberts this season and last season was appalling so McKinnon has to be applauded 

Yes it’s obviously not ideal when you draw against Brechin and Stenny but a bit of perspective is needed. You can’t go from utter garbage to absolutely outstanding within a matter of weeks. We’re at the infancy stage of a new era for the club and quite frankly the initial progress made on and off the pitch has been terrific

Some people need to lighten up 

Edited by qpfc

16 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Can’t believe there are people already questioning McKinnon. To not count the opening 2 games aswell is daft, i honestly don’t think we’d have won either the Stenny or Edinburgh game with Roberts in charge. Isn’t it a testament to Mckinnon’s managerial capabilities that he was able to use the same players that have failed so often this season to go to Edinburgh, who were undefeated at home at the time and tactically out play them ? Our record against the better teams in the league under Roberts this season and last season was appalling so McKinnon has to be applauded 

Yes it’s obviously not ideal when you draw against Brechin and Stenny but a bit of perspective is needed. You can’t go from utter garbage to absolutely outstanding within a matter of weeks. We’re at the infancy stage of a new era for the club and quite frankly the initial progress made on and off the pitch has been terrific

Some people need to lighten up 

Using similar logic, I'm not counting any of the games that we didn't win. 

That's the rumours we are going to a full time model from next year. Can't see it myself if we remain in league 2. 
100% yous are going full time . I know a player at present with yous and no matter what div your in its Full time from next season
I find this quite surprising given that we've only just gone pro. I'm not necessarily against it, but I am slightly wary of us running before we can walk so to speak.
I don't know how much our benefactor is putting in, but if it's enough to sustain full time for a prolonged period then I suppose it's relatively risk free in the short term.

I have faith in both the current and incoming president, and so far have been encouraged by Ray and his recruitment, so I'm certainly willing to get behind it if true.

How many of our starting 11 last Saturday have a job other than football?
I assumed that most if not all of them had 'real' jobs too. In fact I assumed that Ray would only be part time too.

It will be interesting to see if and when we go full time, how many of the players that we have been saying should be signed up for next season (Muir, Jamieson, Galt, Sal) would be willing to leave their jobs behind to take a chance at making a living from football full time. Obviously each individual will have different circumstances, so some may stay and some may go.

Wildly speculative, but perhaps that explains the signing of Bell, if those behind the scenes know that Muir wouldn't want to sign on full time next season.

5 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I assumed that most if not all of them had 'real' jobs too. In fact I assumed that Ray would only be part time too.

It will be interesting to see if and when we go full time, how many of the players that we have been saying should be signed up for next season (Muir, Jamieson, Galt, Sal) would be willing to leave their jobs behind to take a chance at making a living from football full time. Obviously each individual will have different circumstances, so some may stay and some may go.

Wildly speculative, but perhaps that explains the signing of Bell, if those behind the scenes know that Muir wouldn't want to sign on full time next season.

I think you only need to look at Cove to see where Queens Park are going. Few of their promotion team left there now.

Ray McKinnon is not one for sentiment as he has shown in the past. He will have players ready to come in at the end of their current contracts and the vast majority of the QP players will be let go having had their professional contract as a thank you for a few months.

Going Full Time would be ridiculous and unnecessary, we can be a successful team and still be semi pro. If people and putting two and two together because Bell signed, maybe he signed cause he couldn’t get a game at a full time team.

11 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Going Full Time would be ridiculous and unnecessary, we can be a successful team and still be semi pro. If people and putting two and two together because Bell signed, maybe he signed cause he couldn’t get a game at a full time team.

Bell signed because we offered him the most money. Him Slater and Grant have all signed 18 month deals on great money for us. We are going to a full time model. But it maybe a similar model to airdrie. Some players full time some part time. So players like Galt can keep there day jobs if they wish. I don't see many of our original squad being part of the club next year especially if we do get up thru playoffs. 

Bell signed because we offered him the most money. Him Slater and Grant have all signed 18 month deals on great money for us. We are going to a full time model. But it maybe a similar model to airdrie. Some players full time some part time. So players like Galt can keep there day jobs if they wish. I don't see many of our original squad being part of the club next year especially if we do get up thru playoffs. 
The Guy putting all the Cash in says Full time . huge pull for McKinnon and some of the players yous have signed in those basis

Incredibly bored in work, but to highlight the ridiculousness of any questioning of McKinnon, so far, if you take the points average per game and put it over the course of a season, here's where the total would have seen us finish in the league every season since the introduction of League Two:

1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd

It really makes you wonder just what some people's expectations actually are. This is before the real stuff has begun as well. 

Incredibly bored in work, but to highlight the ridiculousness of any questioning of McKinnon, so far, if you take the points average per game and put it over the course of a season, here's where the total would have seen us finish in the league every season since the introduction of League Two:
1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd
It really makes you wonder just what some people's expectations actually are. This is before the real stuff has begun as well. 
The Expected 3 year plan is Championship football by 2023 the proposed new changes to the Three div from season 2022 are 16 16 16 Queens target is to be in the 2nd top div

I don't know what the plan is regarding having fulltime players at the club. It's up to those running the club to decide what and when that information is made public.  Hopefully the situation with the Coronavirus will ease and we can continue with the rest of the season. 
Wake up from Monday all Spfl games will be suspended imo

20 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
50 minutes ago, Lesser Is More said:
I don't know what the plan is regarding having fulltime players at the club. It's up to those running the club to decide what and when that information is made public.  Hopefully the situation with the Coronavirus will ease and we can continue with the rest of the season. 

Wake up from Monday all Spfl games will be suspended imo

They are suspended now 

2 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Bell signed because we offered him the most money. Him Slater and Grant have all signed 18 month deals on great money for us. We are going to a full time model. But it maybe a similar model to airdrie. Some players full time some part time. So players like Galt can keep there day jobs if they wish. 

I think that would be a good model and Galt is a perfect example. He is undoubtedly the most talented player in our team and combines this with community coaching at Thistle and running a Futsal Academy 

I think you only need to look at Cove to see where Queens Park are going. Few of their promotion team left there now.
Ray McKinnon is not one for sentiment as he has shown in the past. He will have players ready to come in at the end of their current contracts and the vast majority of the QP players will be let go having had their professional contract as a thank you for a few months.
Genuine question, are any or all of Cove's players full time.