Queen's Park 2019/20

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

b*****d. Not just a bit of spray paint by some diddy as well, looks like someone has put a bit of effort into it. What a c**t! 

Obliterated the England score. Hard not to tie this into the extremist element of some of our right wing Britnat inhabitants. Hope the Plod bounce them off the cells.

image.thumb.png.9a613ec5e214dc88d9f2a83bb5541e27.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

41 minutes ago, @footballCFB said:

Sensational start by Ray at the club! How is Nicky Jamieson getting on? Went through school with him and wish him all the best! Great lad

Could easily play in the championship in my opinion. Got everything you want as a centre half. My player of the year so far 

Edited by qpfc

Purdue loaned out to East Stirling for the rest of the season. Shame it’s not really worked out for him, has bundles of talent but didn’t really ever kick on from his early performances in the league cup. Should do very well In Lowland League 

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Purdue loaned out to East Stirling for the rest of the season. Shame it’s not really worked out for him, has bundles of talent but didn’t really ever kick on from his early performances in the league cup. Should do very well In Lowland League 

A few players ahead of him in the queue now but there is definitely a player in there. Always felt he could benefit from playing the simple ball at times instead of trying to nutmeg people all the time

11 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

A few players ahead of him in the queue now but there is definitely a player in there. Always felt he could benefit from playing the simple ball at times instead of trying to nutmeg people all the time

One of those that undoubtedly would look talented in a development squad but can't cope with the physical side of the Scottish game big leagues. Wish it was the other way around, but we ain't Brazil. The further down the leagues that skill goes the more it'll be wasted by cluggers. Best of luck to him. Never say never!

“Queen’s Park have a project which is exciting. A full-time structure, everything being professional and something a bit different to what I have tried."

Full time structure? Intrigued by what he means by that.
Sounds like the ambition of the club, or at least Bell's version of it, will lead to some exciting times over the next few years.
Here's hoping.

3 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

“Queen’s Park have a project which is exciting. A full-time structure, everything being professional and something a bit different to what I have tried."

Full time structure? Intrigued by what he means by that.
Sounds like the ambition of the club, or at least Bell's version of it, will lead to some exciting times over the next few years.
Here's hoping.

I guess it’s possible they’re some that are training during the day on the days others aren’t training.    The talk later on of becoming established in the championship and even hoping for premiership won’t happen without FT.  So if that is the plan then it’s likely the very first steps of that are involved. 

I guess it’s possible they’re some that are training during the day on the days others aren’t training.    The talk later on of becoming established in the championship and even hoping for premiership won’t happen without FT.  So if that is the plan then it’s likely the very first steps of that are involved. 
It's possible, but it's the first I'd heard of it. Would find it surprising that Bell has been signed full time but is yet to get a start.
I'm not complaining as I think Muir has earned his place as number 1 and continues to impress.

I'm full of admiration for Arbroath at the moment for your ambition and results. But recent history for other clubs who have got above their normal level has shown a trend for a scary fall to the bottom of the leagues after a season or two of fun. Dumbarton most notably held their place for a few seasons but even they had the threat of dropping to tier 4 for a while.
What's Arbroath's strategy to make sure you stay in the upper half of the leagues? Are the players your club invested in this season notably better than our new recruits?

Yes I'd say pretty easily to be honest. League 2 is utter mince, especially the bottom half of it. League 1 is much harder. The Championship is even harder. I wouldn't want any of them at Gayfield. We have a solid, organised and extremely fit football team.

If our average crowds this season are about 1600 and we are part time that's surely an advantage we can use over other FT teams? I realise a lot of this is from the United game who had about 2.5k away fans and we might lose that but everyone else will too. Even at yesterday's abondoned game there would've been 12-1400 I'm guessing.

Not sure why we cant aim to sustain ourself as the best part time team going forward.

I have absolutely no problem with ambition, but going public to shout about Championship and Premiership isn't really helpful when we're 4th in League Two. I'd rather we went about our business quietly on that front and did our talking on the pitch. 

Anyone who thinks this is going to be a stroll for us is in for a rude awakening. You only need to look east to see that money doesn't necessarily guarantee getting out of this league. If we're still in this league next season, it's highly likely that there will be at least one other big spending club here with us.

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

I have absolutely no problem with ambition, but going public to shout about Championship and Premiership isn't really helpful when we're 4th in League Two. I'd rather we went about our business quietly on that front and did our talking on the pitch. 

Anyone who thinks this is going to be a stroll for us is in for a rude awakening. You only need to look east to see that money doesn't necessarily guarantee getting out of this league. If we're still in this league next season, it's highly likely that there will be at least one other big spending club here with us.

Is it not common knowledge what the plans are. Going to a full time model no matter what league we are in. Would be ahead of schedule if we got up this year through play offs. Hence why we have signed a few higher level players. 

8 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Is it not common knowledge what the plans are. Going to a full time model no matter what league we are in. Would be ahead of schedule if we got up this year through play offs. Hence why we have signed a few higher level players. 

Everyone knows we're ambitious, but having players coming out and mentioning the Premiership when we're still in League Two just looks a bit silly.

I understand that the ambition of the club is an attraction to the players, but their one and only focus when they're in the door should be the here and now. We can't achieve playoffs without finishing 4th. That's now the aim given our league position. Talk of anything else just sounds presumptuous. 

My only concern going forward is that wee lose our tradition as a club of giving our own a chance. With turning pro which I was all for we have brought lots of players in and others lined up for next season depending what league we are in. We have very few youngsters who look like they will get a chance with new management. We have very few youngsters left in our squad and will they even be given a chance next year. The like of Grant, Main, McGrory, Magee and McGuire. Will any of these young lads even be offered a deal next year. Is this just what we will do now but all clubs like to see one of their own making progress.