Queen's Park 2019/20

43 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

You heard something? I heard he will be offered a contract and the only thing in the way might be his commitments to the Futsal Youth Academy that he runs , which has caused him to miss games previously

Purely speculation on my part. A scenario not driven by the club. His time as a pro at Alloa was very short lived and then there was the clash with Gus over missing a play-off game due to his charity work. I'd be delighted if I was wrong but the new and rapidly developing culture at the work might be at odds with David Galt the Man.  Interestingly though his Twitter account has changed. The text used to mention PTCT and Futsal as now but also had "kick a ball about for Queen's Park" which suggested it was all for fun and not the top priority. Play for the sake of playing, you might say. That churlishness has now gone. Clearly proud of his current role at the club. Should always be a place at Queen's Park for David Galt, player or otherwise imho.

image.png.3653d9bddc3bbf232bc5a8966e0aa973.png

Purely speculation on my part. A scenario not driven by the club. His time as a pro at Alloa was very short lived and then there was the clash with Gus over missing a play-off game due to his charity work. I'd be delighted if I was wrong but the new and rapidly developing culture at the work might be at odds with David Galt the Man.  Interestingly though his Twitter account has changed. The text used to mention PTCT and Futsal as now but also had "kick a ball about for Queen's Park" which suggested it was all for fun and not the top priority. Play for the sake of playing, you might say. That churlishness has now gone. Clearly proud of his current role at the club. Should always be a place at Queen's Park for David Galt, player or otherwise imho.
image.png.3653d9bddc3bbf232bc5a8966e0aa973.png
The missed play off game was an unfortunate situation, but I've never known if there was any real fallout with Gus which led to him leaving, or if that was just what people read onto it. I seem to remember Gus mentioning that Galt would be doing the charity run at the player of the year awards the week before the playoff, and that it was said to highlight his hard work, rather than question his commitment.
As for the stint at Alloa, I believe that was cut short due to illness which led to his release.
I realise I'm defending him against criticism which no one on here is making, but perhaps if I keep it up I'll have a better chance of him being my valentine than Mick1867[emoji6]

Exciting future ahead for Queens,  after your recent SFA and media shagging regarding the sale of the stadium,   I have saw the impressive plans for Lesser, have these plans been approved and basically will although unlikely to be completed by the start of the new season.  What is the plans for playing 'home'  games while lesser is being rebuilt,  heading back to the Penny Cars.

all the best and hope to be playing yourselves  next season.

6 hours ago, Passionate said:

Exciting future ahead for Queens,  after your recent SFA and media shagging regarding the sale of the stadium,   I have saw the impressive plans for Lesser, have these plans been approved and basically will although unlikely to be completed by the start of the new season.  What is the plans for playing 'home'  games while lesser is being rebuilt,  heading back to the Penny Cars.

all the best and hope to be playing yourselves  next season.

Thanks for the kind wishes. Will be playing at big Hampden till Dec 2021, so not sure if that'll be enough time to get our new home ready. Not heard whether we have to ground share or not? Lesser plans have been passed by the local council planning department I believe.

1 hour ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Thanks for the kind wishes. Will be playing at big Hampden till Dec 2021, so not sure if that'll be enough time to get our new home ready. Not heard whether we have to ground share or not? Lesser plans have been passed by the local council planning department I believe.

2020 not 2021.

On 15/02/2020 at 11:02, williebraveheart said:

2020 not 2021.

Has anyone heard anything recently on when they expect the actual building to start?

When this all started it was an estimated one year build time for the new ground which gives me a horrible feeling of another half season at Airdrie........

Has anyone heard anything recently on when they expect the actual building to start?
When this all started it was an estimated one year build time for the new ground which gives me a horrible feeling of another half season at Airdrie........
I heard that it was out to tender in february and that they hoped to start in March, but I may not have picked that up correctly.

I heard that it was out to tender in february and that they hoped to start in March, but I may not have picked that up correctly.
That's what was said. One stand hopefully ready by the end of December. The other just after. Hopefully the project keeps to plan. I'm keen for the move to happen and we can get on with the Bright New Dawn.

12 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

We will be playing at Hampden until Lesser is ready. Hopefully switch is in January. We will have to play elsewhere in the league cup group stage due to a concert.

Given our new status and beautiful footballing anywhere less than Celtic Park will be unacceptable.
Think I'd rather play in Airdrie for a year than have to play a couple of home games at parkgead or ibrox.
Happy to go to both next season as the away team and knock them both out the cup though.

Think I'd rather play in Airdrie for a year than have to play a couple of home games at parkgead or ibrox.
Happy to go to both next season as the away team and knock them both out the cup though.

Just thought maybe The Man Who Nobody Knows had a pal who could get us some lush green turf suitable for our silky soccer.

Have to say I’ve never experienced anything other than courtesy and goodwill from the folks at Airdrie. I think some of our fans are still traumatised by THAT season but that wasn’t Airdrie’s doing. Good pies. Toilets you can dry your hands in. Civil stewards. Better than some grounds I’ve been to.

Certainly not had any negative issues with the running of things when we've been there tbf. It's not just 13/14, but we seem to find it impossible to play Airdrie away without conceding slapstick goals and we've never beaten them there. No pubs nearby and a good distance from the station isn't ideal either.

Firhill would be better, if available. New Douglas Park would probably be better as well, as there's a train line that can get you there pretty quickly from the south side with a quick change at Newton. 

Just thought maybe The Man Who Nobody Knows had a pal who could get us some lush green turf suitable for our silky soccer.

Have to say I’ve never experienced anything other than courtesy and goodwill from the folks at Airdrie. I think some of our fans are still traumatised by THAT season but that wasn’t Airdrie’s doing. Good pies. Toilets you can dry your hands in. Civil stewards. Better than some grounds I’ve been to.
Dont get me started on the Hampden hand dryers, UEFA category 4 stadium that can host champions league finals and Euro 2020, butyou cant dry your hands after going for a piss.
Looking forward to Dyson airblades throughout the upgraded Lesser.

4 hours ago, The man with no name said:

We will be playing at Hampden until Lesser is ready. Hopefully switch is in January. We will have to play elsewhere in the league cup group stage due to a concert.

That would have to be planned with the fixtures wouldn’t it to ensure away games against QP remained “equal” for the other teams in the league?

I have to say that the people at Airdrie were 5 star in terms of helping with the souvenir shop and, from what I gathered, nothing was too much trouble in terms of making the Club's stay there to be as successful as possible. Other than on the park unfortunately.......

31 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Dont get me started on the Hampden hand dryers, UEFA category 4 stadium that can host champions league finals and Euro 2020, butyou cant dry your hands after going for a piss.
Looking forward to Dyson airblades throughout the upgraded Lesser.

Look out!!  The mad mental IBF crew have blades.... Dyson airblades!