Queen's Park 2019/20

4 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

"Challenge Cup draw tomorrow

The draw for the first and second round of this season’s Challenge Cup takes place tomorrow, Wednesday 26 June, at 12:30pm.  You can watch it live on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikPPiZP-Zwo.

This season we will take part in the first round.  We are seeded number 13 in the south draw and will play a colts team from one of the following premierships sides; Celtic, Hamilton Accies, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Rangers or St. Mirren.

Dates for the first round are Tuesday 6 or Wednesday 7 August."

lgiphy.gif

I know there's (hopefully) no reason to do so, but if drawn at home can we play this game at Airdrie  anyway, just to continue making our cup draws as shite as possible this season?

25 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

I know there's (hopefully) no reason to do so, but if drawn at home can we play this game at Airdrie  anyway, just to continue making our cup draws as shite as possible this season?

It'll be away to Hamilton 

16 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

One of the "home" games is midweek so it makes perfect sense for the bus to stop at the usual three spots. Unless we want to make it even more inconvenient for our supporters than it already is, especially those that work in the town.  I imagine the same arrangement was proposed for the Sunday game due to a reduced Sunday public transport service for those who don't live near Mount Florida

Spoke too soon

https://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/supporters-bus-information-betfred-cup-matches/

Tuesday 16th July – Partick Thistle (h)*

Bus time & pick up point

J.B. McAlpine Pavilion, Lesser Hampden – 6.30pm

Sunday 28th July – Clyde (h) *

Bus time & pick up point

J.B. McAlpine Pavilion, Lesser Hampden – 1.15pm

The bus run by the Supporters Association for the away game v Airdrie is still picking up at the usual 3 stops.  The club doing everything here to keep the customer dissatisfied it seems.  

Edited by Chester Desmond

1 hour ago, Chester Desmond said:

Spoke too soon

https://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/supporters-bus-information-betfred-cup-matches/

Tuesday 16th July – Partick Thistle (h)*

Bus time & pick up point

J.B. McAlpine Pavilion, Lesser Hampden – 6.30pm

Sunday 28th July – Clyde (h) *

Bus time & pick up point

J.B. McAlpine Pavilion, Lesser Hampden – 1.15pm

The bus run by the Supporters Association for the away game v Airdrie is still picking up at the usual 3 stops.  The club doing everything here to keep the customer dissatisfied it seems.  

Yes, pick up points changed against the wishes of the supporters' association, yet they still expect the SA to take bookings and run it on the day.

The club showing no common sense at all or maybe they are just being churlish.  Especially for a midweek game where the majority of the bus always gets on in the town after work. It's the same bus company so what's the issue?

17 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Yes, pick up points changed against the wishes of the supporters' association, yet they still expect the SA to take bookings and run it on the day.

The club showing no common sense at all or maybe they are just being churlish.  Especially for a midweek game where the majority of the bus always gets on in the town after work. It's the same bus company so what's the issue?

The club seems to go out of its way to make things difficult for the supporters. It's just so silly.

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Just out of interest, does the committee travel away on the SA bus or the FC bus?

44 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Just out of interest, does the committee travel away on the SA bus or the FC bus?

Team bus of course (free every week). Sometimes on our bus if one of them misses it for some reason

If you are specifically talking about the Airdrie buses then a few of them were on it but that was on a Saturday

Edited by Mick1867

4 hours ago, an86 said:

The club seems to go out of its way to make things difficult for the supporters. It's just so silly.

It never ceases to amaze me what people complain about. The next 10 years are going to be critical to the Club's survival. We need to change the mindset from "what can the Club do for me" to "what can I do for the Club".  If this doesn't change we are doomed!

19 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

It never ceases to amaze me what people complain about. The next 10 years are going to be critical to the Club's survival. We need to change the mindset from "what can the Club do for me" to "what can I do for the Club".  If this doesn't change we are doomed!

Nice deflection tactic JFK but completely irrelevant to what we are discussing. The SA might not be paying for two of these buses but we are still taking the bookings and running them on the day so we're doing plenty  

Anyway, how do you know what folk do for the club? Lots of posters on here have been helping run the supporters' association for years, for no reward other than our love of the club . This includes organising social events over the years that have raised thousands of pounds for our youth system

Edited by Mick1867

27 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

If the club continues to show disregard to the supporters on relatively minor issues like this, as it has done for some years, then it chips away at the goodwill of those  same supporters who might be needed to help out in difficult times.  

9 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Nice deflection tactic JFK but completely irrelevant to what we are discussing. The SA might not be paying for two of these buses but we are still taking the bookings and running them on the day so we're doing plenty  

Anyway, how do you know what folk do for the club? Lots of posters on here have been helping run the supporters' association for years, for no reward other than our love of the club . This includes organising social events over the years that have raised thousands of pounds for our youth system

Seems you are happy to dish out criticism to members of committee without knowing what they do?

1 minute ago, The man with no name said:

Seems you are happy to dish out criticism to members of committee without knowing what they do?

I am more than aware of what they do and the hard work they put in but I am also more than happy to dish out criticism on this matter so it would be nice if you could stay on topic 

Do you think it's right that pick up points for the Thistle game have been re-arranged against the wishes of the supporters' association?

Just now, Chester Desmond said:

If the club continues to show disregard to the supporters on relatively minor issues like this, as it has done for some years, then it chips away at the goodwill of those  same supporters who might be needed to help out in difficult times.  

The Club has been forced to relocate the games to Airdrie. The Club is running free transport from the normal venue to Airdrie. The Club has done this for every game it has hosted at Airdrie. How is that showing disregard for the supporters. If the Club had let the original (and wrong) post stand and let supporters pay £10 to travel to Airdrie then that would be disregarding the Supporters!

15 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

The Club has been forced to relocate the games to Airdrie. The Club is running free transport from the normal venue to Airdrie. The Club has done this for every game it has hosted at Airdrie. How is that showing disregard for the supporters. If the Club had let the original (and wrong) post stand and let supporters pay £10 to travel to Airdrie then that would be disregarding the Supporters!

The communication's been pretty grim though, hasn't it?  Even going back to supporters finding out that the home league cup games would be played at Airdrie via the SPFL website after the draw had been made, rather than the club announcing anything in advance.  Then differing messages every couple of days about the buses to these games.  Its not been ideal.

Edited by Chester Desmond

13 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

The Club is running free transport from the normal venue to Airdrie. The Club has done this for every game it has hosted at Airdrie. 

That's fine for a  Saturday, but not midweek...in my opinion of course  (I am aware the club has no time for dissenters and has been known to dish out letters and the occasional suspension but I'll take the risk....)

Can anyone tell us If the social club will be open before the Thistle game? I mean, if I'm going to have to leave work early to get an ever so reliable Scotrail train over to Lesser to get a bus outside at 1830 then it would be nice to have a quick pint before it and I'd rather give money to our club than the Clockwork or Florida Park  

1 hour ago, The man with no name said:

I agree with your general point, but I've no idea what that's got to do with not being able to properly communicate bus times, pick up points and pricing properly. The people who are doing things for the club seem to have been given very little assistance by the club in this particular instance.