Queen's Park 2019/20

I really liked Burns, he was a stalwart in the side in the first few seasons I was coming regularly, and it was great that a local guy was playing reagularly. Thought he was an excellent choice for captain when McGeiver left .

Disagree - never led by example like big McGeever, head went down when he was having a poor game himself and liked a moan at his own team mates.
Apart from that he was inspirational!

9 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Disagree - never led by example like big McGeever, head went down when he was having a poor game himself and liked a moan at his own team mates.
Apart from that he was inspirational!

Who stepped forward to take responsibility in the playoff final at Broadwood when we won the penalty? That would have been our promotion winning captain and Player of the Year for that season. 

I'm not actually arsed about folk not rating Burns as a player. That's fair enough. It's the needless wee digs people have about a player who made a significant contribution to the football club. He had several opportunities to move on and pick up a wage, but he gave us eight years of his career. You won't get too many folk hanging about for that long in this era. 

Quinno got the same treatment. Battling back from two leg breaks and involvement in two promotion winning sides, putting a shift in every time he pulled on the jersey, and he was on the receiving end of similar snide nonsense. I simply don't get it. 

Sean Burns certainly gave his all for Queen's. I've seen him playing as a midfielder, as a winger, as a centre forward, as a wing back, as a full back and even as a central defender for us. He scored the winning goal in the League Cup tie v Dundee so that makes him a top man for me!

On 25/01/2020 at 08:16, Bring Your Own Socks said:

New player interview...first day at school and all that but clearly all about him. A wee word about our club would have been welcome.

That's harsh. He was asked to talk about himself. Couldn't care less as long as he does the business for us

On 25/01/2020 at 21:23, bobthespider said:

Heard a lot of rumours that we are going full time next year .... anyone want to confirm.

You been reading the Falkirk thread? We're going full time, we have £5 million to buy players ( that'll be the SFA money for Hampden that we're getting in installlments and need to build a new ground with) and Willie Haughey owns the club 

6 hours ago, an86 said:

Quinno got the same treatment. Battling back from two leg breaks and involvement in two promotion winning sides, putting a shift in every time he pulled on the jersey, and he was on the receiving end of similar snide nonsense. I simply don't get it. 

Who was the poster - don't think he posts on here anymore -  that slaughtered Quinno for taking a penalty against Shire at Ochilview? (even though he was our regular penalty taker) Apparently he deliberately denied Brophy a hat trick to make it "all about him". This is Quinno he was talking about, one of the most selfless players in our history . Think he also had a pop at his appearance record over 10 years (conveniently ignoring his two leg breaks and subsequent hip injury) because some dared to call him a club legend around the time of his testimonial dinner.  The big man donated all the money raised at that dinner to Marie Curie as well.

Who stepped forward to take responsibility in the playoff final at Broadwood when we won the penalty? That would have been our promotion winning captain and Player of the Year for that season. 
I'm not actually arsed about folk not rating Burns as a player. That's fair enough. It's the needless wee digs people have about a player who made a significant contribution to the football club. He had several opportunities to move on and pick up a wage, but he gave us eight years of his career. You won't get too many folk hanging about for that long in this era. 

Appreciate what he did for the club as a player just saying judging his body language on the park I didn’t think he was a great captain
Not a dig just a difference of opinion [emoji848]

22 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Presume it will be towards the end of the week before any more new signings are announced

Not heard anything concrete, basically just a list of everyone Ray McKinnon signed for Morton and/or Falkirk

Some rumblings about last season's Player of the Year being left out at Airdrie. Fans seem pissed off about it. Possibly 2+2=5 stuff, but maybe worth watching how that unfolds. 

Some rumblings about last season's Player of the Year being left out at Airdrie. Fans seem pissed off about it. Possibly 2+2=5 stuff, but maybe worth watching how that unfolds. 
2+2=5 is fine by me.
I'll be devasted if it's a loan for Roberts for the rest of the season.
There were a few clambering for him to be playing from the start of the season (me included) and since his run in the team, it "just so happened" to coincide with our best run of the season.
Since he's dropped back out we've been absolute dug meat with no-one else able to provide his energy, dig and link up with the attack. Beside Kieran Millar he's shone, miller doing the dirty work and Roberts bursting forward (see his first goal in the cup game vs. Albion Rovers, wins the ball on his 18 yard line, passes and sprints forward to finish a great counter move).

Stuart Millar commented on his fitness (or lack of) a few weeks ago and since then Murray's been loathed to start him.
If he does go out on loan, I reckon that's the end of his Airdrie career, and our loss will be someone else's gain.