Queen's Park 2019/20

8 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

Would love to have Zanatta back he has left Thistle

Same here but I see he had a relegation clause in his contract. Probably wants to stay at Championship level

Having one of those rare hopeful days and thinking we might have some form of crowd back sooner than I maybe thought. Phase three talks of "some live events with social distancing." It looks likely that phase two may soon be upon us. The fact that we have an awful lot of seats and our fanbase is very much quality over quantity gives me some hope. 

The consensus seems to be that the virus doesn't like outside. I wonder if we could find ourselves in the bizarre setup of sitting in the East Stand in such a scenario. You're outdoor or partially outdoor all the way from turnstile to seat and you have a massive block of seats uninterrupted by barriers.

Passing people going to/from seats and toilets would be the main hazards. If the shop stocks up on black and white hooped PPE, we could be good to go. 

Having one of those rare hopeful days and thinking we might have some form of crowd back sooner than I maybe thought. Phase three talks of "some live events with social distancing." It looks likely that phase two may soon be upon us. The fact that we have an awful lot of seats and our fanbase is very much quality over quantity gives me some hope. 
The consensus seems to be that the virus doesn't like outside. I wonder if we could find ourselves in the bizarre setup of sitting in the East Stand in such a scenario. You're outdoor or partially outdoor all the way from turnstile to seat and you have a massive block of seats uninterrupted by barriers.
Passing people going to/from seats and toilets would be the main hazards. If the shop stocks up on black and white hooped PPE, we could be good to go. 

One of my crazy ideas would be to hold the Scottish League 2 season at Hampden until things go back to normal. Could have games back to back, the pitch would probably get cut up badly but it would be interesting and QP could take a percentage of the gate recovers from non QP games

29 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

One of my crazy ideas would be to hold the Scottish League 2 season at Hampden until things go back to normal. Could have games back to back, the pitch would probably get cut up badly but it would be interesting and QP could take a percentage of the gate recovers from non QP games

Would it not go to Hampden Park Ltd? I think social distancing at a smaller percentage capacity could work at most grounds. The tricky elements are health and safety, such as shared facilities. It's also impossible that folk wouldn't need to pass each other going to/from seats. Masks would possibly be mandatory as well. 

The East Stand holds 12800 people across 53 rows. The amount of spacing you could do there, with absolutely no enclosed areas when entering and exiting the stadium would be huge. You could have much more than two metres if you really wanted to. The view wouldn't be great, but nobody would be complaining at this point. 

Season ticket/members only and no away supports to begin with. Even upon return, it's difficult to see supporters buses and fans travelling across the country returning immediately. 

”News of players retained, and new signings, will be published in due course.“

Quote from today’s release. Basically if they are not on the list, a decision is not at a stage to be announced.
Still hope for Maclean and Sal to re-sign then.

The clubs young player of the year shown the exit door. 
Sad to see Moore go, always gave 110% every time he played. However, I dont think it's unfair to say he was unlikely to feature reagularly in this new era.
Really hope he gets a club where he gets the chance to play regularly and score a lot of goals (but not against us obviously [emoji1])

Unfortunately with these guys, Mckinnon has obviously decided they either wouldn't cut it at full-time level: or the guys themself weren't prepared to go full time.

Dissapointed to see Moore & Jamison go particularly, but that'd suggest Ray possibly has folk in line anyway.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

Sad to see Moore go, always gave 110% every time he played. However, I dont think it's unfair to say he was unlikely to feature reagularly in this new era.
Really hope he gets a club where he gets the chance to play regularly and score a lot of goals (but not against us obviously emoji1.png)

He had some composed finishes in the box too. I’m sure teams around us will be fishing for the players released. I’d have liked to see him and Jamieson stay and develop more. 

3 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Unfortunately with these guys, Mckinnon has obviously decided they either wouldn't cut it at full-time level: or the guys themself weren't prepared to go full time.

Dissapointed to see Moore & Jamison go particularly, but that'd suggest Ray possibly has folk in line anyway.

These guys were never given the option to stay on for full time. They were released along with everyone else. No reason given. Just the club was going full time and they were not being offered a contract full stop. Was never going to give any of our young players a chance by the looks of it. 

19 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

These guys were never given the option to stay on for full time. They were released along with everyone else. No reason given. Just the club was going full time and they were not being offered a contract full stop. Was never going to give any of our young players a chance by the looks of it. 

So have you spoken with all the players who were released and they told you they were given no reason? (Unlikely)

Or are you just making it up to suit your agenda? (Likely)

What's the logic of the people moaning here? The Queen's Park of last season is not the Queen's Park of this coming season. If you're not going to start these guys regularly, then is it fair to string them along? 

The likes of McGrory and Moore will be 21 in the early part of next season. They're not kids anymore. They can play at this level for sure, but they are at the stage where they need 30 odd games per season to kick on. That's not happening in the direction we're moving in. 

Jamieson is another one who'll get a club no bother. Again, not a teenager. He'll be 24 this season. Queen's Park must have the oldest youngsters in the world. 

We might not be playing until the turn of the year. We were never going to offer 20+ guys a contract at the moment.

Who knows; we might see some more of last year's team back when we know what's happening.  Plenty of them are more than capable.

We might not be playing until the turn of the year. We were never going to offer 20+ guys a contract at the moment.
Who knows; we might see some more of last year's team back when we know what's happening.  Plenty of them are more than capable.

Yes, this is how I see it. Slater Grant and Bell were already under contract. Galt and Muir were just too good to go to a rival. The released players whilst decent, I don’t think we’ll lose sleep if they end up playing for Elgin or Albion Rovers.