Queen's Park 2019/20

33 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

He’s an accountancy graduate I believe. He’s 23 so most likely towards the end of student life or just starting his career. Either way I doubt he’ll go for full-time fitba’. He may have a head over heart decision to make like many others at this level.   

If I were the Alloa or Arbroath manager, I’d certainly look to take a punt on Jamieson. Potential to be a top part time centre back for many years 

7 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Sal has left the building

Seeing as you are claiming to have the inside knowledge, care to give us more detail? Did he knock back the offer or is the Record talking their usual shite?  

14 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

He’s an accountancy graduate I believe. He’s 23 so most likely towards the end of student life or just starting his career. Either way I doubt he’ll go for full-time fitba’. He may have a head over heart decision to make like many others at this level.   

Can't believe that we are not going to have any part timers, no matter how good they are. So what are we doing with the coaches? Are big Tony,James Evans and Steve Reilly being shown the door also? Are any youth players being offered contracts?

I'd imagine that Queen's will be the same as the vast majority of Div 1 and 2 teams and will be waiting for an indication of when we'll be back playing before making signings. There was a scare story that we might not be back until 2021; who'd sign anyone now if that's the case? Sadly for them, but happily for us, there will be stacks of available players for some time yet, including some that were with us last season.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

I'd imagine that Queen's will be the same as the vast majority of Div 1 and 2 teams and will be waiting for an indication of when we'll be back playing before making signings. There was a scare story that we might not be back until 2021; who'd sign anyone now if that's the case? Sadly for them, but happily for us, there will be stacks of available players for some time yet, including some that were with us last season.

Yes, there is no reason to get worked up whilst everything is up in the air.

Football is still suspended until 10 June. After that only Premier League clubs can return to training and only then under a stringent testing  regime. We've seen Premier League clubs say they will struggle to do this. 

Given this what chance is there of Youth and grassroots football returning in the foreseeable future???

9 hours ago, spider1867 said:

No all released. 

Are you saying that every single youth player at our club has been released and told to find another club? We better scrap our youth system then 

You're coming out with stuff that makes no sense but I imagine that's not your intention. Maybe expand a little, that would be nice 

Edited by Mick1867

3 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Football is still suspended until 10 June. After that only Premier League clubs can return to training and only then under a stringent testing  regime. We've seen Premier League clubs say they will struggle to do this. 

Given this what chance is there of Youth and grassroots football returning in the foreseeable future???

Aye we know all this.

Any chance though that you can also be a bit clearer please when talking about our youth system? Too many folk on here who obviously have some inside knowledge talking in riddles. 

37 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye we know all this.

Any chance though that you can also be a bit clearer please when talking about our youth system? Too many folk on here who obviously have some inside knowledge talking in riddles. 

Suspect it's possibly the 20s who have all gone. The only thing that would make sense. 

7 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Mick1867 is right (once again) the people on this site who have some inside knowledge should be a bit clearer ( TMWNN/spider1867). Are we getting rid of anyone who is not prepared to go full time including the coaches that we have had for years?

11 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Are you saying that every single youth player at our club has been released and told to find another club? We better scrap our youth system then 

You're coming out with stuff that makes no sense but I imagine that's not your intention. Maybe expand a little, that would be nice 

No what I am saying is every player who came through our system and in the first team squad this season has been released. Grant, Main, McGrory, Magee, Foy. The only guys offered any contract where Galt and Muir.  So on the day we released out full time strategy and player pathway for our youths we released them all🤯. I understand football but why not give a couple of them the chance to train full time to sere if they step up to the mark.  Yes our club has the choice of every player in Scotland but I like to see one of our own being given the chance.  The boys that were sent out on loan did not even get the courtesy of a call to say thank you for your service including our past captain. I hope Ray proves me wrong but he tried this at Falkirk and look what happened.  I want my club to succeed but I feel since turning pro we don't recognise our club. If Mr Haughley is bankrolling it, Why are we going full time in League 2? When everyone else does not know where their next pay check is coming from. He is a businessman who does not through away money. 

10 hours ago, spider1867 said:

No what I am saying is every player who came through our system and in the first team squad this season has been released. Grant, Main, McGrory, Magee, Foy. The only guys offered any contract where Galt and Muir.  So on the day we released out full time strategy and player pathway for our youths we released them all🤯. I understand football but why not give a couple of them the chance to train full time to sere if they step up to the mark.  Yes our club has the choice of every player in Scotland but I like to see one of our own being given the chance.  The boys that were sent out on loan did not even get the courtesy of a call to say thank you for your service including our past captain. I hope Ray proves me wrong but he tried this at Falkirk and look what happened.  I want my club to succeed but I feel since turning pro we don't recognise our club. If Mr Haughley is bankrolling it, Why are we going full time in League 2? When everyone else does not know where their next pay check is coming from. He is a businessman who does not through away money. 

Football is a ruthless business and managers are under pressure to succeed, particularly for someone like McKinnon. He’ll know fine well that if he screws this job up, he’s finished at this level therefore he can’t afford to keep players just because they are part of the youth system. Mcgrory is probably the only one out of the players mentioned from the system that would have any chance of competing for a place next season and even then I doubt he’d start anyway.

The dream that some people had of an entire youth 11 with Billy Mortimer leading the line on the way to glory is never going be a reality in the current world of football 

If they’re good enough, they’ll play simple as that 

10 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Grant, Main, McGrory, Magee, Foy. The only guys offered any contract where Galt and Muir.  So on the day we released out full time strategy and player pathway for our youths we released them all🤯. I understand football but why not give a couple of them the chance to train full time to sere if they step up to the mark. 

Every single one of these guys is at a stage where they need to be playing football for their development. Wouldn't have been against McGrory and Magee being offered a deal, but is their development going to be aided by sitting on the bench or going away and getting 30/40 games per season? Clearly the latter. Can't just keep guys for sentimental reasons. There's more scope to develop players at U18 level and get them into the new ways.