Queen's Park 2019/20

14 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

This is standard practice for pro players with one season contracts.  The only ones retained will be the ones that were given 18 month contracts.

At the end of their contract all players are free and can sign for anybody. Would be surprised if we did not have a few part timers. Although Jamieson had lost his place at the tale end of the season surely he would be a great player t have on the books?

Hi Lads - hope you're all well. Just dropping in to say I have created a new Scottish Football magazine in which we featured your former player Paul Gallacher in the first issue. He talks about his career to date and at great length on his time with The Spiders - a really good read! If you'd be interested in reading it, you can pre order via the link below: 

https://bit.ly/2XJzzm7

With Joffrey and Calvin Mcgrory announcing their departure from the club on twitter, I imagine we can expect an official announcement of everyone who is leaving pretty soon. Will be interesting to see when we start to announce incoming players but I expect the club would hold off until there is more concrete info on the format and start date of the new season. I am sure the rumours will start flying in the meantime!

Sorry to see both go. Joffrey did well for us, but I've no idea of what his situation is.

Reckon McGrory is one of the better players we've produced in recent years. He's been unlucky with circumstance and injury. It'd have been unfair to fling him in at 18/19 when we were struggling in League One and he took a bad one just as he was getting going under Roberts. Would have been happy keeping him, but the direction we're going in means he'll struggle for games, which he needs to develop at this stage in his career. Would be a good signing for a number of clubs at this level. 

11 hours ago, Skol1867 said:

With Joffrey and Calvin Mcgrory announcing their departure from the club on twitter, I imagine we can expect an official announcement of everyone who is leaving pretty soon. Will be interesting to see when we start to announce incoming players but I expect the club would hold off until there is more concrete info on the format and start date of the new season. I am sure the rumours will start flying in the meantime!

Nice message from Calvin. Terrific lad and sad to see him go.

On 29/05/2020 at 18:55, an86 said:

Galt was at Hampden doing community work today. 

Aye, QP training gear on and still being described as the QP captain. I would be astounded if our best player of last season (imo) - and who has had as much impact as any of the new signings since McKinnon was appointed - doesn't get offered a new deal.  He might not want to go full time of course - he loves the community work he does with Thistle,  as well as running his Futsal academy.  You don't get many opportunities to play football for a living at our level mind you

On 29/05/2020 at 21:51, Hampden Diehard said:

This is standard practice for pro players with one season contracts.  The only ones retained will be the ones that were given 18 month contracts.

Yes but it's the way of some folk to totally sensationalise everything. Must have been a tabloid journalist in another life

Edited by Mick1867

Will be sad to see some of last seasons squad go. I hope we might keep some of them, Galt, Muir, and Jamieson in particular, but as others have said, it's possible full time football doesn't suit every one.
I'd also be very keen to keep Sal. I'd be surprised if there are many teams that could make him a better offer than us at the moment, and with better full time players around him his goal tally could be even higher next season.
Would have liked us to hang on to Mcgrory too, although I realise that we're looking to bring in players perhaps above his current level and he may have struggled for a place (much like Joffrey who I also liked). That said the opportunity to play and train with a higher standard of player could possibly have pushed him to the next level, but I guess we'll never know. The romantic part of me also liked the idea of at least one player who had worked his way through our youth ranks featuring in the first team in our new full time set up.
Good luck to all the boys who have moved on and thanks for your service to the club. It's a difficult time to be without a team, and I hope they find a new club that suits them.
Lastly, pleased to see that Ross Millen has signed a new contract at Killie.

Does anyone know what the goal of the season was or player of the season.?when will we be told who has been released as most are now going on their own twitter saying they are gone ?

POTY should be coming out shortly. I hope you appreciate it’s people working remotely trying to produce something worthwhile instead of the traditional night in the social club. I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait!

On 29/05/2020 at 17:49, spider1867 said:

Hearing almost all players released today apart from Managers January signings. Even Sal 🙄

I'll never read the Record after all the complete and utter shite they have spouted over the years but been told that they are saying Sal has been offered a new deal.

50 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I'll never read the Record after all the complete and utter shite they have spouted over the years but been told that they are saying Sal has been offered a new deal.

Said that Sal, Galt and Muir have been offered new deals and is speaking to Ross McLean who he is keen to keep hold of also and If they sign the contracts they will join Bell, Grant and Slater

15 minutes ago, hampdenspider said:

Said that Sal, Galt and Muir have been offered new deals and is speaking to Ross McLean who he is keen to keep hold of also and If they sign the contracts they will join Bell, Grant and Slater

That’s a strong spine when your write it down. I’d be gutted to see Jamieson go but understandable in terms of work commitments. I hope he’s not been let go because of ability, I think he’s excellent. I’m sure we’ll be up against him if he is released. He would start with most clubs in the division imo.

Turns out I was talking pish, as is routine, about Jamieson. Thought I'd picked up something in one of those player interviews about him being in a well paid job. He's actually a student, according to someone who knows him. 

35 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

That’s a strong spine when your write it down. I’d be gutted to see Jamieson go but understandable in terms of work commitments. I hope he’s not been let go because of ability, I think he’s excellent. I’m sure we’ll be up against him if he is released. He would start with most clubs in the division imo.

It only mentioned Sal, Galt, Muir as being offered contratcs and everybody else been released going by the way they put it. Would have liked Jamieson to stay also. I suppose can only wait and see who end up signing

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Turns out I was talking pish, as is routine, about Jamieson. Thought I'd picked up something in one of those player interviews about him being in a well paid job. He's actually a student, according to someone who knows him. 

He’s an accountancy graduate I believe. He’s 23 so most likely towards the end of student life or just starting his career. Either way I doubt he’ll go for full-time fitba’. He may have a head over heart decision to make like many others at this level.   

Edited by QPSpider1867