Queen's Park 2019/20

On 27/05/2020 at 13:42, qpfc said:

Was it ever announced who got player of the year for this season ? Pretty sure the voting finished a while back now 

Keeping you guessing. Boris was urging Queen's to announce the results to take the heat off him and Dom Cum.

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

Wow. Club going full time immediately according to the official website.

If football is able to restart and we are full-time then hopefully we will be included in any league set-up that starts next season. Some clubs are saying they can't or won't play. We seem to be saying we will play. Hopefully we will be included in any league set up under the Premier League. Happy to play Hearts!!!

We should not be skipping the queue because we happen to have a wealthy benefactor. We should start next season in League Two, regardless of what happens. I want us to play our way up, not get there for administrative reasons. 

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

We should not be skipping the queue because we happen to have a wealthy benefactor. We should start next season in League Two, regardless of what happens. I want us to play our way up, not get there for administrative reasons. 

The days of the hair shirt are gone. We should take our opportunities as they arise.

14 minutes ago, an86 said:

That is fine if there is a League Two. What happens if all the clubs in our division don't want to play. Should we sit on the sidelines and say "ok we'll wait on you to be ready, just give us a call when you want to start again".

21 minutes ago, an86 said:

So you want to wait until January and only play half a season when there maybe 8 or 9 clubs wanting to play, in say the Championship, come August/September and you would not want to see use play them to make up the numbers??

6 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

That is fine if there is a League Two. What happens if all the clubs in our division don't want to play. Should we sit on the sidelines and say "ok we'll wait on you to be ready, just give us a call when you want to start again".

Well said TMWNN.

39 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Yes, we have done nothing on the pitch to merit playing at a higher level. We might have to look these teams in the eye on the way back down if our project is successful in getting us up in the short term. 

33 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

So you want to wait until January and only play half a season when there maybe 8 or 9 clubs wanting to play, in say the Championship, come August/September and you would not want to see use play them to make up the numbers??

See above. 

Edited by an86

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Yes, we have done nothing on the pitch to merit playing at a higher level. We might have to look these teams in the eye on the way back down if our project is successful in getting us up in the short term. 

See above. 

1 hour ago, Chester Desmond said:

Heartening to see folk adopting the BIG CLUB mentality already.  Didn't take long at all.  f**k everyone else eh?

So we tell the league we don't want to play?

54 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

So we tell the league we don't want to play?

It's quite simple. We should play in a league on merit. If it kicks off later than the other ones, tough shit. I don't think wealth should equate to entitlement in the wider world, so I don't see why football should be any different. 

Part of the excitement of the potential of this project was the idea of climbing the leagues. The indelible memories of potentially winning titles and promotions, the moments that got us there etc. Planting us two divisions above our level would be completely synthetic, an absolute insult to the teams around us, and would mean nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'd rather it took ten years to do properly than this. 

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

It's quite simple. We should play in a league on merit. If it kicks off later than the other ones, tough shit. I don't think wealth should equate to entitlement in the wider world, so I don't see why football should be any different. 

Part of the excitement of the potential of this project was the idea of climbing the leagues. The indelible memories of potentially winning titles and promotions, the moments that got us there etc. Planting us two divisions above our level would be completely synthetic, an absolute insult to the teams around us, and would mean nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'd rather it took ten years to do properly than this. 

What if it's a whole season? The clubs who can play across 3 divisions shouldn't get together and play. We stop training, developing players and playing football for a year when we have the opportunity to do so. Good luck to any Club that can shut down for a whole season and can come back unaffected.

31 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

The clubs who can play across 3 divisions shouldn't get together and play. We stop training, developing players and playing football for a year when we have the opportunity to do so. 

By all means, if some sort of temporary football set up eventually gets the go ahead then those clubs that are able to do so should play each other. However I couldn't care less if supporters aren't able to watch it so every match will be a glorified closed door friendly for me. Important from a players point of view to keep things going but let's not pretend the whole thing wouldn't be totally devalued at our level without punters.