Queen's Park 2019/20

6 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Gerry Crawley part of the Restructuring Group. Perhaps we will get some sense after all?

Pleased to see this. Experience in dealing with more difficult negotiations than this circus. We know there's going to be at least one adult in the room. 

Great to see Queen's Park represented at the virtual table. Will bring reason and sense to what appears to be a predetermined outcome. Every time I see comments by Ann Budge these days they concern me. She wants a quick outcome "within 3 weeks" and also to address the "unfairness". I would suggest the current situation is unfortunate but not unfair as someone would have been relegated! Perhaps if Ms Budge had acted sooner in dismissing Craig Levin or appointed someone with a proven track record in Scottish football then they wouldn't be bottom of the league!

At least there is one member of the working group with a track record of making big decisions at the right time!

3 hours ago, spider1867 said:

So who do we think ray will keep for next year apart from the obvious guys he has signed permanately? 

Muir, Jamieson, Galt, Koudier-Aissa for sure. I think McGrory and Magee have shown enough potential for a contract as well and been unfortunate with injuries. I've probably forgotten others, but that's off the top of my head. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Muir, Jamieson, Galt, Koudier-Aissa for sure. I think McGrory and Magee have shown enough potential for a contract as well and been unfortunate with injuries. I've probably forgotten others, but that's off the top of my head. 

Would agree with all of that, maybe add Joffrey aswell. Will be interesting to see what happens with Muir, would obviously love him to stay number 1 keeper next season but surely we haven’t signed Bell to be a sub 

6 hours ago, NathanQP said:

EVERY Salim Kouider-Aïssa goal from the 2019-2020 Season!

Some of the headers he’s scored have been fantastic. Long time since we’ve had a goalscorer that wasn’t a loan

On 18/04/2020 at 09:22, The man with no name said:

Great to see Queen's Park represented at the virtual table. Will bring reason and sense to what appears to be a predetermined outcome. Every time I see comments by Ann Budge these days they concern me. She wants a quick outcome "within 3 weeks" and also to address the "unfairness". I would suggest the current situation is unfortunate but not unfair as someone would have been relegated! Perhaps if Ms Budge had acted sooner in dismissing Craig Levin or appointed someone with a proven track record in Scottish football then they wouldn't be bottom of the league!

At least there is one member of the working group with a track record of making big decisions at the right time!

Think I read in a newspaper a few weeks ago the the QP option was for 3 leagues of 14.

Does anybody on this site know if that is true?

3 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Think I read in a newspaper a few weeks ago the the QP option was for 3 leagues of 14.

Does anybody on this site know if that is true?

Gordon Smith former CEO mentioned this as an option.

Without going into detail, for me, definitely bigger leagues than what we've had and please Summer football in 2021. 

Reckon they'll need to find room for Kelty and Brora. Reckon 14-10-10-10, changing to 12-12-10-10 in the longer term is more realistic. I'm pretty relaxed about whatever they decide, as long as there's no youth teams. 

I notice that other clubs are doing the "buy a ticket" campaign. I know we're not in the worst shape, but wouldn't like to see us slip into the mode of "we've got the Hampden/Haughey money, we'll be fine." That's not going to be there forever and the new chapter for the club is going to have to have self-sustainability as the end game. 

I reckon those in the position to do so would be happy to contribute during such a tough time. Same goes with buying new home/away shirts and other such funding streams. We might not be in dire need, but it's about creating a way of working together as a support for the future. It's our club and it only stays on the straight and narrow in the long term with our input. 

This isn't a criticism of the club btw. There's a million and one more important things going on in the world, there will also be staffing issues and the general circus that is going on within the game. It's just a thought from my incredibly bored mind. 

Some of the headers he’s scored have been fantastic. Long time since we’ve had a goalscorer that wasn’t a loan
Just watched the highlights where is this boy from looks decent?

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
On 18/04/2020 at 23:11, qpfc said:

Just watched the highlights where is this boy from looks decent?

Signed from Kilsyth Rangers last summer. Considering for large parts of the season he’s been been starved of quality service, his goal tally is fantastic. With our status now, we’re hopefully in a strong position to keep him for next season as i have no doubt teams will be sniffing around for his signature 

Edited by qpfc

Something I hadn't really thought of, but it's possible that we've played our last game at Hampden until our next Scottish Cup semi-final. I believe the deal took us up until the end of the year before moving into Lesser. It's questionable whether we'll see any football played by then, certainly with spectators. 

It would be naive to expect the SFA to be reasonable and let us play until Lesser is ready, especially with the Euros probably going ahead next summer. I hope it's not the case and we do get a chance to say farewell to the old place when we're in better times. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Something I hadn't really thought of, but it's possible that we've played our last game at Hampden until our next Scottish Cup semi-final. I believe the deal took us up until the end of the year before moving into Lesser. It's questionable whether we'll see any football played by then, certainly with spectators. 

It would be naive to expect the SFA to be reasonable and let us play until Lesser is ready, especially with the Euros probably going ahead next summer. I hope it's not the case and we do get a chance to say farewell to the old place when we're in better times. 

I too thought of this. The fact that the contract for Lesser has not yet been awarded it is highly unlikely that it will be ready by the end of the year for any football never mind with spectators. The financial blow will not be insignificant either. We would have had a bumper crowd for our last game at Hampden which will probably go into the record books as v Annan. I agree with you re. the SFA. No favours coming from them. Perhaps a "one off" Previous Players v Current Team with guest appearances might be allowed in the fullness of time to mark either the end of an era or the opening of Lesser.

36 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I too thought of this. The fact that the contract for Lesser has not yet been awarded it is highly unlikely that it will be ready by the end of the year for any football never mind with spectators. The financial blow will not be insignificant either. We would have had a bumper crowd for our last game at Hampden which will probably go into the record books as v Annan. I agree with you re. the SFA. No favours coming from them. Perhaps a "one off" Previous Players v Current Team with guest appearances might be allowed in the fullness of time to mark either the end of an era or the opening of Lesser.

Aye, I wonder just how many we'd manage to get in for the last game. Our biggest crowd, Rangers aside, since Thistle In the early 2000s I'd have thought. Every groundhopper in the country, plus pretty much everyone with even the slightest passing interest in QP.

Would imagine Lesser will be close to capacity for the first game as well, assuming we're restriction free by that point. I'd hope we'd use our contacts for an official opening. See if Sir Alex can arrange for a young Man United team to come up or something like that. They've played a few Scottish sides in fairly recent times.