Queen's Park 2019/20

4 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Hope you are being honest with that statement. I have no problem with Committee men being on this forum, it is just that TMWNN keeps denying that he is.

I'm always honest. Conference call with the lads last night. 

19 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Don't let it eat you up.

It wont young man, it's just I don't like people telling lies.

On 23/03/2020 at 13:23, an86 said:

I'm always honest. Conference call with the lads last night. 

Would not call Andy Mc or Jim Hastie lads. Time they both retired and let some younger people on. People like TMWNN who is full of enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

It wont young man, it's just I don't like people telling lies.

Would not call Andy Mc or Jim Hastie lads. Time they both retired and let some younger people on. People like TMWNN who is full of enthusiasm.

That's down to the membership. If they feel that both of these lads have a contribution to make, they'll continue. Also depends on younger folk wanting/being able to step up. 

4 hours ago, an86 said:

That's down to the membership. If they feel that both of these lads have a contribution to make, they'll continue. Also depends on younger folk wanting/being able to step up. 

Fair shout. Only offering an opinion.

Would say Muir is the best keeper I’ve seen. As good as Crawford was in his prime, Muir on many occasions single handedly kept us in matches or won us matches. Genuinely don’t think we get promotion in 15/16 without him. Made a ridiculous point blank save during the 2nd leg away at Cowdenbeath and made another wonder save against Clyde in the final 

Edited by qpfc

14 hours ago, qpfc said:

Would say Muir is the best keeper I’ve seen. As good as Crawford was in his prime, Muir on many occasions single handedly kept us in matches or won us matches. Genuinely don’t think we get promotion in 15/16 without him. Made a ridiculous point blank save during the 2nd leg away at Cowdenbeath and made another wonder save against Clyde in the final 

He made a save against Clyde at Hampden (first game back after Airdrie) that was almost behind him. That and a David Crawford save from a header against Stenny at Hampden are two of the best saves I've seen from QP keepers. We've been very fortunate in that position down the years. 

Paton was a class right back. MacFarlane walks in to a centre half spot and there's plenty of options at left back. The temptation to go for Robertson would be strong, but I think Connaghan and Douglas were better left backs for us. Connaghan has a title winning medal, so that probably gives him the edge. Would need to have a good think about another centre back, mainly because my memory is dreadful and I'll probably miss someone totally obvious.