Queen's Park 2019/20

The Expected 3 year plan is Championship football by 2023 the proposed new changes to the Three div from season 2022 are 16 16 16 Queens target is to be in the 2nd top div
I had heard about the goal of being in three years, but didn't realise going full time was on the cards so soon, if ever.

Is the proposed league restructure a realistic possibility?
I assume in 3 divisions of 16, all teams would play each other twice. I can see a lot of opposition to that based on reduced income due to fewer games.
How many teams would be promoted/relegated each year?

At least it gives us something to talk about while all the games are off.

Only the Manager FT a few of there players don't have others jobs due to the wages cove are paying
Genuine question #2. What does a full time manager do to fill the day if he only works with the players 2 nights a week?

Also, how do I convince my employer to let me work part time yet pay me enough to not need a second job?

The way things are going with matches being called off, could Cove struggle to fulfill these well paying contracts? Or are the owners pockets deep enough?

14 hours ago, weetoonlad said:
14 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:
Genuine question, are any or all of Cove's players full time.

Only the Manager FT a few of there players don't have others jobs due to the wages cove are paying

The model at some clubs is that the benefactor provides the part time players with jobs at his own company to make up the wage to a decent level. Indeed, this was the key to the birth of professionalism in the north of England 150 years ago.

The model at some clubs is that the benefactor provides the part time players with jobs at his own company to make up the wage to a decent level. Indeed, this was the key to the birth of professionalism in the north of England 150 years ago.
Is this the model at cove?

Andrew Robertson First Senior Match | Berwick Rangers Vs Queen's Park | July 2012

I remember it well. IIRC the supporters bus crowd were kinda slow in getting into the ground and when Tony and the boys ran out for kick off there was only me, DundeeSpider1867 and a couple of others in the Away enclosure. Ended up in the doghouse as we had arranged to meet Mrs Houstonspider outside at ten to 5.

Genuine question #2. What does a full time manager do to fill the day if he only works with the players 2 nights a week?

Also, how do I convince my employer to let me work part time yet pay me enough to not need a second job?

The way things are going with matches being called off, could Cove struggle to fulfill these well paying contracts? Or are the owners pockets deep enough?

Ask some Part time managers and they will tell u Part time ma Arse .

Peter Grants week

Monday in for approx 9.15 to 3.00
Tues in for 3.00 to 10.30
Wed in for approx 9.15 to 3.00
Thur in for 3.00 to 10.30
Fri 9.15 to 2.00
Sat in for 11.00 to 6.30
Sunday day off

A full time manager say Paul Hartley at cove would do the same hours

Steve Crawford at pars approx same hours

9 till 6 five days a week . Wed and Sun off

Some managers will do a 12/14 hour day depending on training and games

Going to watch under 21 games etc

QP will run with approx 10/12 full timers and 10 part timers next season

6 hours ago, NathanQP said:

Andrew Robertson First Senior Match | Berwick Rangers Vs Queen's Park | July 2012

Wasn't that the game where Ricky Little miscounted the penalties and charged up the pitch to celebrate winning when it was still level. thinking we'd won?

9 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Wasn't that the game where Ricky Little miscounted the penalties and charged up the pitch to celebrate winning when it was still level. thinking we'd won?

Yes. So funny. It was his head down, slow walk back to the halfway line when he realised "I'm going to be slagged for this for years".  Thankfully Parry saved him😂

As there is much talk just now about what will happen to the myriad of unplayed games that have been "cancelled" indefinitely, and what will happen to the final placings.

It is becoming more likely that a number of clubs may possibly no longer be in existence due to the financial knock on effects of a total  a lack of income, both from gates and possibly even the normal SFA payouts based on league positions.

Discussions yesterday on BBC Sportsound alerted us to the position of Inverness holding an emergency meeting to discuss their finances. The same program quoted a Falkirk director as saying that as they are already £700,000 in debt, the current situation means that 2 pop concerts planned for their ground in the summer are being cancelled, meaning a loss of income of £200,000 which the bank was anticipating to alleviate their deficit.

Which brings me to my main point, the SFA.

No doubt their concert situation will be similarly affected at Hampden, they have two Gerry Cinnamon concerts that I know of, maybe even more. They have already announced they have no financial contigency plan to help Scottish clubs in financial trouble, brought about by the current crisis.

Do they have the money to purchase Hampden on August 1st, or is that now on hold indefinitely ?????

Scottish legal practice on property purchase is, generally, that once the deal is signed and the date confirmed, the buyer cannot pull out.

What is the SFA's position on this ??? If Queens have already committed to construction work for Lesser Hampden, then bills will have to be paid.

Hopefully someone "in the know" can clarify what is really a huge potential problem for our club if the SFA cannot honour the deal.

As there is much talk just now about what will happen to the myriad of unplayed games that have been "cancelled" indefinitely, and what will happen to the final placings.
It is becoming more likely that a number of clubs may possibly no longer be in existence due to the financial knock on effects of a total  a lack of income, both from gates and possibly even the normal SFA payouts based on league positions.
Discussions yesterday on BBC Sportsound alerted us to the position of Inverness holding an emergency meeting to discuss their finances. The same program quoted a Falkirk director as saying that as they are already £700,000 in debt, the current situation means that 2 pop concerts planned for their ground in the summer are being cancelled, meaning a loss of income of £200,000 which the bank was anticipating to alleviate their deficit.
No doubt their concert situation will be similarly affected at Hampden, they have two Gerry Cinnamon concerts that I know of, maybe even more. They have already announced they have no financial contigency plan to help Scottish clubs in financial trouble, brought about by the current crisis.
Do they have the money to purchase Hampden on August 1st, or is that now on hold indefinitely ?????
Scottish legal practice on property purchase is, generally, that once the deal is signed and the date confirmed, the buyer cannot pull out.
What is the SFA's position on this ??? If Queens have already committed to construction work for Lesser Hampden, then bills will have to be paid.
Hopefully someone "in the know" can clarify what is really a huge potential problem for our club if the SFA cannot honour the deal.

The SFA doesn't make any payments based on League position that's the SPFL.

1 hour ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Like any other Limited company, they can be taken to court and wound up if necessary. Excerpt below from their 2019 Annual Review. 

image.png.fd7ea51972dc20678b5db9df4de59824.png

1 hour ago, QP's in my DNA said:

They have already announced they have no financial contigency plan to help Scottish clubs in financial trouble, brought about by the current crisis.

It was the SPFL who said that they carried no cash reserves.

What do people think about the refusal to play the games behind closed doors? The argument seems to be it would be unfair for the players and their families for the games to go ahead. BUT doesn't that apply to everyone who has a paid job? I reckon that it is far more dangerous to work in a crowded office than to share a pitch with 21 other players. Should we close down all hospitals, fire stations, shops, factories and offices? A serious question - what is special about footballers?

On 14/03/2020 at 22:45, tamthebam said:

I can just imagine the girning of some auld gits at Hampden right now: "aye, I telt them Queens Park going professional would be the end of Scottish football and look whit happened, eh?!"

And they are right.

3 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

What do people think about the refusal to play the games behind closed doors? The argument seems to be it would be unfair for the players and their families for the games to go ahead. BUT doesn't that apply to everyone who has a paid job? I reckon that it is far more dangerous to work in a crowded office than to share a pitch with 21 other players. Should we close down all hospitals, fire stations, shops, factories and offices? A serious question - what is special about footballers?

And they are right.

As soon as you announce games are on but behind closed doors you will get all these people turning up wanting to get in. Clubs have also sold season tickets on the basis of access to games. Never going to work.

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

What do people think about the refusal to play the games behind closed doors?

Correct decision. What's the point of football at our level if nobody is there to see it? " yaaaas we won the play offs, I watched Jeff Stelling and his twats tell us we did" 

Also clubs at our level need match day revenue from gate income, 50/50 draws, match sponsorship, and hospitality. Hopefully postponing games for now gives clubs the chance to get this in the future.

re other workers across wider society. That's a matter for other industries and sectors to manage effectively and sensibly. Lots of offices are letting folk work from home ( nobody in my office has had a desktop PC for about 2 years now, everyone has laptops and skype) I do appreciate that not everyone has that facility though. There is nothing special about footballers of course but Scottish football has decided to implement something that covers everyone. I'm happy they have. I'm obviously gonna miss the football and be bored out my tits every Saturday til it returns but hey ho. Not  being able to attend games that are taking place would be worse than the current situation. 

And they are right.
Most players at this level are part time and playing football isn't their main source of income. They'll be exposed to the same risk as anyone else in their day job.