Queen's Park 2019/20

2 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Whilst a charity on the shirt is a nice idea, I doubt we could really afford it. We need to make the most of sponsorships and the shirt is a big one

Doesn't necessarily have to be the main sponsor. Have the colour of the organisation and a logo on the sleeve or something.

We can definitely afford it anyway. We've never been in a stronger position and other clubs have this level have done the same. Think Albion Rovers had a Cash For Kids shirt and Clyde had a pink kit for a cancer charity. Think they were third kits. 

In other news, with us rapidly approaching the 20th anniversary of the Third Division title win, it would be great if we could get all the footage from the old video uploaded to the club YouTube page. It would also be great to see some of the players from that season as special guests at a game before the end of the season or something.

Notable dates from 20 years ago for which the anniversary is coming up: So many special moments from that season, will be great to reminisce on here as well as discuss the exciting present and future the club has.

March 4th - Queen's Park 3-1 Cowdenbeath ( A game that didn't make it onto the video but featured a belter by Jim Brown)

March 11th - Queen's Park 2-0 Dumbarton

March 18th - Albion Rovers 0-3 Queen's Park 

April 11th - Queen's Park 1-0 East Fife (Paul Walker, who replaced Scott Edgar in the greatest swap deal of all time scoring in the first minute. Then followed what felt like the longest 89 minutes ever as ex Spider Stevie Mckormack went close a number of times for East Fife)

April 15th - Montrose 0-2 Queen's Park (Magic by Kevin Finlayson then a late Caven penalty to put us within touching distance of promotion)

April 22nd - Shire 0-1 Queen's Park (Mark Gallagher's header starts a party that was to last a full 3 weeks. A real pitch invasion at full time (not like Gretna!)

April 29th - Queen's Park 1-0 Brechin (My favourite ever Hampden moment that someone has kindly uploaded already. Ross Caven also unfortunate to be sent off for a mistimed tackle........)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ulg5sTimnjs

May 6th - Cowdenbeath 2-3 Queen's Park (The greatest day and night of all)

Edited by Spider Rico

Would be great to get an archive of older footage in general to a central point online. The club must hold some old footage and a lot of folk must have old videos of obscure cup ties kicking around. I had Cowboys Champions on VHS, but I've no idea where it is. If I knew, I'd get it onto DVD and then uploaded. 

4 minutes ago, an86 said:

Would be great to get an archive of older footage in general to a central point online. The club must hold some old footage and a lot of folk must have old videos of obscure cup ties kicking around. I had Cowboys Champions on VHS, but I've no idea where it is. If I knew, I'd get it onto DVD and then uploaded. 

The club got it put onto DVD several years ago. I still have my copy although the VHS of the 4-2 win over Ross County is long gone!

15 hours ago, an86 said:

As Spider Rico says, it was re-released on DVD and sold in the club shop a while back. You want a loan of my copy?  

19 hours ago, an86 said:

Believe we're getting new strips next season. Have seen other clubs giving the fans some input with the designs, which would be a nice touch if we could do the same. 

Wouldn't be against us promoting a cause or charity and adopting their colours either. If we're going big on local community, I quite like the idea of something along the lines of having all the flags of the communities within the southside on the outline of the strip. Sends out a message of inclusivity and that we're a community club here for everyone. 

I assume you mean the away top. Sounds pretty cool but can we make a St George's flag optional? 😛 (maybe sell a patch in the club shop that people can sew on should they desire 😉

We are getting a new strip next season... I heard that Admiral and Macron are a couple of potential suppliers. The early designs have apparently been shown to some members of the supporters' association committee for feedback and it's been positive. Rumours that we might be going back to Irn Bru colours for the away top.... 

I assume you mean the away top. Sounds pretty cool but can we make a St George's flag optional? [emoji14] (maybe sell a patch in the club shop that people can sew on should they desire [emoji6]) 
We are getting a new strip next season... I heard that Admiral and Macron are a couple of potential suppliers. The early designs have apparently been shown to some members of the supporters' association committee for feedback and it's been positive. Rumours that we might be going back to Irn Bru colours for the away top.... 
I always liked the Irn Bru coloured away kits, so would be quite happy with that. Any idea whether we'll have a third kit (with or without flags)?

I assume you mean the away top. Sounds pretty cool but can we make a St George's flag optional? [emoji14] (maybe sell a patch in the club shop that people can sew on should they desire [emoji6]) 
Macron kit always tends to look good and decent quality but Admiral gives me shivers thinking back to the 70's and early 80's when their gear got 10 outta 10 for scratchiness. They seemed to disappear for a long time. Have they made a comeback ?

1 hour ago, houstonspider said:
22 hours ago, Mick1867 said:
I assume you mean the away top. Sounds pretty cool but can we make a St George's flag optional? emoji14.png (maybe sell a patch in the club shop that people can sew on should they desire emoji6.png

Macron kit always tends to look good and decent quality but Admiral gives me shivers thinking back to the 70's and early 80's when their gear got 10 outta 10 for scratchiness. They seemed to disappear for a long time. Have they made a comeback ?

Apparently so. Think we might be getting used as a guinea pig in Scotland

Hearing another excellent result for the 18s tonight 2-1 win away at Hibs!
The real bonus of going pro is that we have a better chance of hanging onto these guys who will hopefully convert the outstanding performances at youth level to first team level. We've been staffing up other Scottish pro teams for years with the hard work of our youth coaches going elsewhere.

The future's bright; the future's hooped.

Hi folks, just like to say hello, having finally made it into the online QP family after 70+ years.

I've read the forum regularly, feeling it's by far, the best way to keep up with what's happening at the club, but without contributing so far.

As I mentioned I'm in my 70's, and with my Dad and Grandad both from Mount Florida, with QP in our all DNA, it takes us collectively back 125 years. I live quite a distance from Hampden now, so not so able to attend socials and meetings with the president , but still manage all the home games and around half of the away games. I was at Brechin on Wednesday, but will post on that topic separately.

As one of the Auld Support , l like many others young and old, was pretty torn about giving up our amateur status. But the reality of the present Hampden financial situation being untenable, and the prospect of dropping through the trapdoor into oblivion, I really believe the present committee have done a grand job in moving the club in the right direction to keeping our Club alive and it's history intact.

Whether being able to purchase players, with all the pitfalls involved, will be any more successful than recruiting from the juniors and growing our own, only time will tell.

Hi folks, just like to say hello, having finally made it into the online QP family after 70+ years.
I've read the forum regularly, feeling it's by far, the best way to keep up with what's happening at the club, but without contributing so far.
As I mentioned I'm in my 70's, and with my Dad and Grandad both from Mount Florida, with QP in our all DNA, it takes us collectively back 125 years. I live quite a distance from Hampden now, so not so able to attend socials and meetings with the president , but still manage all the home games and around half of the away games. I was at Brechin on Wednesday, but will post on that topic separately.
As one of the Auld Support , l like many others young and old, was pretty torn about giving up our amateur status. But the reality of the present Hampden financial situation being untenable, and the prospect of dropping through the trapdoor into oblivion, I really believe the present committee have done a grand job in moving the club in the right direction to keeping our Club alive and it's history intact.
Whether being able to purchase players, with all the pitfalls involved, will be any more successful than recruiting from the juniors and growing our own, only time will tell.

Nice to have you on the forum. I tend to agree that this is the best place to keep up to date with the goings on at Queens, as the club themselves are fairly poor at communicating with fans. That said it has improved recently with the Q&A sessions etc.

IMG_4992.thumb.jpg.bdd833c47de2a92198370f313075ebac.jpg

Lovely gesture. Very inclusive. All this stuff adds up [emoji106][emoji835]️[emoji836]️
Couldn't agree more, great gesture.
Plus as Alex and his/her dad are to be welcomed via the main entrance, they can bring as many cans, flares and flammable banners as they can carry [emoji6]

Plus as Alex and his/her dad are to be welcomed via the main entrance, they can bring as many cans, flares and flammable banners as they can carry [emoji6]
I didnt get frisked today on the way in. I'm in shock.

3 hours ago, houstonspider said:
4 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:
Plus as Alex and his/her dad are to be welcomed via the main entrance, they can bring as many cans, flares and flammable banners as they can carry emoji6.png

I didnt get frisked today on the way in. I'm in shock.

Strange, neither did I. Perhaps they read this forum.

Edited by williebraveheart