Queen's Park 2019/20

Missed the first goal yesterday as I was otherwise detained racing in from the chippy in Stonehaven, my walk to Dunnottar having taken me a good bit longer than I'd imagined. (Jumbo haddock supper, can Irn Bru.)

Did manage to walk into Balmoral without paying. The away turnstiles were closed by time I arrived, which was just after the goal (I heard the "roar" from the car park). I walked down towards the other end and there was an exit gate wide open, so I strolled in unchallenged. Weird set up. (Normally I'd feel bad about depriving a wee team of a gate fee, but sod it, it's Cove and I've really not warmed to them.)

Had a good view of the two penalty claims in second half, looked pretty obvious penalties to me.

Also noticed the Cove goalie motioning to the ball boy near the bus shelter to slow down, and generally engaging in minor acts of time wasting. Strange behaviour when winning two nil.

In the first half a Cove substitute asked another "is your face cold, I mean do you have cold lips?". Also strange behaviour.

I just wanted to ask about the red away strip. When is it having its testimonial?

Bonus photo of the supporters bus in the harbour. IMG_20200222_132316.jpeg

It’s hardly a radical stance to support the new manager. I’m sorry I didn’t make it to Aberdeen, I forget I was made of money. Anyway, I’m not going argue, if folk would rather be a bottom half team with amateurs that’s their opinion.

There's any number of reasons why folk couldn't spend a full day away or the expense of a long trip to Aberdeen. In fact, the same actually applies to any home or away game. Fair enough if you're in the position to do so, but it's really needlessly snide to have a dig at folk in that way. 

I wasn’t having a dig at folk who can’t make it. Just those who couldn’t make it and decided to challenge my opinion on the game.

12 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I wasn’t having a dig at folk who can’t make it. Just those who couldn’t make it and decided to challenge my opinion on the game.

Fair dos. I read it as people discussing your points in a more general sense than on the game itself. 

17 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Loving how all the Rayvers couldn’t actually make it up to Aberdeen.

There was plenty of us there actually. I had no problem joining in the song. Any song that gets behind the club - no matter who is in the dug out or on the pitch - can only be seen as a positive thing.

You won't get any hysteria from me. A lot of hard work still to be done to secure a play off spot, never mind win promotion. Anything for me this season is a bonus considering when we voted to go pro the initial aim was to just get away from relegation.    

Edited by Mick1867

45 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

There was plenty of us there actually. I had no problem joining in the song. Any song that gets behind the club - no matter who is in the dug out or on the pitch - can only be seen as a positive thing.

You won't get any hysteria from me. A lot of hard work still to be done to secure a play off spot, never mind win promotion. Anything for me this season is a bonus considering when we voted to go pro the initial aim was to just get away from relegation.    

I can't sing. If I had the ground would have cleared instantly.

21 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I just wanted to ask about the red away strip. When is it having its testimonial?

A bit of research, the reason internet at work was invented, suggests that it made its competitive debut in this debacle, a full 6 and a half years ago.  Sterling service.  The team that day was: 

Brown, Gebbie, Spittal, Keenan, Grier, Rooney (Davison), Capuano, Anderson (McVey), Vitoria, Quinn, Burns

A line-up to strike fear into the heart of all Queen's fans.

Edited by Chester Desmond

4 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

A bit of research, the reason we have internet at work, suggests that it made its competitive debut in this debacle, a full 6 and a half years ago.  Sterling service.  The team that day was: 

Brown, Gebbie, Spittal, Keenan, Grier, Rooney (Davison), Capuano, Anderson (McVey), Vitoria, Quinn, Burns

One of the worst days supporting Queen's! We were truly awful that day.

It'll go down as a classic QP jersey, synonymous with that night at Broadwood.

Believe we're getting new strips next season. Have seen other clubs giving the fans some input with the designs, which would be a nice touch if we could do the same. 

Wouldn't be against us promoting a cause or charity and adopting their colours either. If we're going big on local community, I quite like the idea of something along the lines of having all the flags of the communities within the southside on the outline of the strip. Sends out a message of inclusivity and that we're a community club here for everyone. 

2 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

A bit of research, the reason internet at work was invented, suggests that it made its competitive debut in this debacle, a full 6 and a half years ago.  Sterling service.  The team that day was: 

I seem the recall the lad Grier collecting a pass from the keeper with nobody near him  only to stand on the ball and fall flat on his face. That led to the sixth goal. He was never seen again

Just now, Spider Rico said:

I seem the recall the lad Grier collecting a pass from the keeper with nobody near him  only to stand on the ball and fall flat on his face. That led to the sixth goal. He was never seen again

Who could have known that one moment would sum up a full season so early in proceedings? 

. If we're going big on local community, I quite like the idea of something along the lines of having all the flags of the communities within the southside on the outline of the strip. Sends out a message of inclusivity and that we're a community club here for everyone. 

Agree about representing the local population, but only if we have a lot of red Indians.

7 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Agree about representing the local population, but only if we have a lot of red Indians.

The more bizarre, the better. Generate a wee bit of interest. Flags, local landmarks outlined in the background. I think we should be going really heavy on the local team of the southside thing. 

Stone Roses money shirt as the third kit, obviously. 

a0e7f4e5-f154-4789-b737-8650b23d5307.jpg

It'll go down as a classic QP jersey, synonymous with that night at Broadwood.
Believe we're getting new strips next season. Have seen other clubs giving the fans some input with the designs, which would be a nice touch if we could do the same. 
Wouldn't be against us promoting a cause or charity and adopting their colours either. If we're going big on local community, I quite like the idea of something along the lines of having all the flags of the communities within the southside on the outline of the strip. Sends out a message of inclusivity and that we're a community club here for everyone. 
Any idea if we'll be sticking with Under Armour, or if we'll be changing supplier?
Like the idea of promoting a charity, and representing the community, but not sure about how we'd pull off the flags or landmarks idea.
Perhaps find a local charity to promote. Theres a kids charity toy shop round the corner, dont know much about them but perhaps theres something to be said for partnering with something near by like that.
I'm assuming Barrs will continue to be the main shirt sponsor?