Queen's Park 2019/20

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ray McKinnon just seems to be dropping down the leagues and doing the exact same thing over and over. I think Slater will be a really good signing but the rest I'm not so sure.

Peter Grant should be an excellent signing for league 2

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ray McKinnon just seems to be dropping down the leagues and doing the exact same thing over and over. I think Slater will be a really good signing but the rest I'm not so sure.

McLean, Grant and Slater are excellent signings and are all adding something we have been lacking in their positions.

The loan signings I guess are about trying to somehow scrape into the playoffs and give us a (small) chance of building the team in the summer for League 1 rather than League 2 which will help us attract better players (maybe)

McLean, Grant and Slater are excellent signings and are all adding something we have been lacking in their positions.
The loan signings I guess are about trying to somehow scrape into the playoffs and give us a (small) chance of building the team in the summer for League 1 rather than League 2 which will help us attract better players (maybe)

If we beat Stirling and Cove beat Elgin we’re fourth. Or is that seventh last?

The hope is it won’t be £15 when we move. I hope you at least give us a shot in 2021, we need more locals like yourself.
I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if it wasnt still £15 at Lesser. Seems to be about standard across the league (cue someone posting a correction to this who unlike me has bothered to do some research). If we do manage promotion this year, then the average league 1 price may be higher (again, I can't be bothered checking that).
I would like to see us reduce prices for under children. Under 12's at stirling tomorrow are free. Be great to encourage more families along, and we'd probably just about make up for reduced/free tickets in sales of crisps, sweets, drinks etc.

Feel a bit uneasy with Clark going to a rival playoff team, don’t want us to be stung by a player on loan
Have to agree with that, if hes not going to be in the plans and someone else will pay his wages then I can see the sense in that, but potentially strengthening one of our near rivals for a playoff spot may come back to bite us, especially if he now feels he has something to prove. May not be able to play against us, but could help them pick up points in other games.
I suppose the answer to that would be that we have brought in better players to ensure we pick up more points in OUR games.
Also surprised we let him go now that Summers is away. Who do we have as back up at left back?

12 hours ago, Lesser Is More said:

Are there pubs on the way to Forthbank?walking from the station.

There might be a bar in the Vue cinema which is on the road but you're walking down the perimeter of an industrial estate so the first sign of life is the ice rink which has a bar but mostly families. There's a Premier Inn with adjacent family restaurant just beyond the stadium and the bar in there is decent enough. Probably best just to head straight down to the wee bar at the stadium.

If you're dry when you get off the train head right out of the station and turn left where the road goes over the railway line and you'll find Molly Malones. Head back over the bridge and you'll find the road to the stadium.

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm full of admiration for Arbroath at the moment for your ambition and results. But recent history for other clubs who have got above their normal level has shown a trend for a scary fall to the bottom of the leagues after a season or two of fun. Dumbarton most notably held their place for a few seasons but even they had the threat of dropping to tier 4 for a while.

What's Arbroath's strategy to make sure you stay in the upper half of the leagues? Are the players your club invested in this season notably better than our new recruits?

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There might be a bar in the Vue cinema which is on the road but you're walking down the perimeter of an industrial estate so the first sign of life is the ice rink which has a bar but mostly families. There's a Premier Inn with adjacent family restaurant just beyond the stadium and the bar in there is decent enough. Probably best just to head straight down to the wee bar at the stadium.

If you're dry when you get off the train head right out of the station and turn left where the road goes over the railway line and you'll find Molly Malones. Head back over the bridge and you'll find the road to the stadium.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Are the players your club invested in this season notably better than our new recruits?

Would be hard to argue otherwise. They're 5th in the Championship and just after nipping down to Tannadice for three points. Our guys have either dropped from the bottom half of the Championship or League One to join us. That's not to say our guys won't end up excellent signings for us, of course. We still won't really know how good they actually are until they've had a good run. 

25 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Hearing Gibby has left the club. Not on loan. Good luck to him in the future. 

Every silver lining has a dark cloud. Club captain to surplus in half a year. Hope the good times stay with him longer than the bad. All the best Gibby.

Paves the way for a new Club captain though...

Sad to see him leave but unfortunately it’s came as no surprise. Injuries seemed to have affected his performances and he didn’t seem to be the same reliable and consistent defender that he had been for a long time. Good luck to him wherever he ends up