Queen's Park 2019/20

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Still a couple of very decent free agents out there. I wonder if we'll be making enquiries. 

I would say definitely. There must have been some amount of boys left in the stand at the weekend. Of course we can sign free agents as they are not contracted and free to sign at any time. The Club will have to move some out I would imagine. I thought some of the players in the stand were better than the ones on the bench. But that is the new managers choice. Think there will be a fair few moved on. Clark must have thought he would get a chance with Summers leaving but managers signed new boy from Hibs. We have an outrageous amount of defenders. Although some of them are versatile and can do a job but not long term. I think we need another forward as it is definitely needed. 

1 hour ago, spider1867 said:

Who are you thinking off? 

Tidser and Doolan not been picked up. Would have laughed off the prospect of either being in our range until Slater signed. Both would be outrageous at this level. 

Can this information not get disclosed to fans? Sky Sports aren’t covering it so we need to know from insiders.
Why make it easier for other clubs? Guys have a fair bit of the season to prove themselves. Ray can move to sign them up for next year if they do that.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 02/02/2020 at 16:38, QPSpider1867 said:

Can this information not get disclosed to fans? Sky Sports aren’t covering it so we need to know from insiders.

Why make it easier for other clubs? Guys have a fair bit of the season to prove themselves. Ray can move to sign them up for next year if they do that.

Firstly, there are no secrets in football, unless you want info from QP. To think that other clubs will not know the details of their contracts if they want to is naive, with respect.

If their contracts are up at the end of the season they surely can sign pre contacts with any other club right now. At best, if they stick with us until the end of the season then the whole squad could potentially walk away scot free putting us in no better place than any other season. Surely to entice the likes of Fraser away we must have offered more than a six month contract to the new guys. Why would any full time player sign for us for six months when, like Tidser and Doolan he could wait and take a little time to decide his future and sign somewhere for free and perhaps even pick up a small signing on fee? I understand Tidser's wage demand was a problem. Ray will surely start to offer extended contracts pretty soon to tie up those he wants to keep, eg Muir. Waiting until the end of the season is dangerous.

Firstly, there are no secrets in football, unless you want info from QP. To think that other clubs will not know the details of their contracts if they want to is naive, with respect.

With it being that easy, you should be able to find out no bother.

Seriously though, QP coaches in the past have been anally retentive about just about everything. If the new coach or the Club don't want to advertise their business, I don't have a problem with that. I read most of the team threads on P and B and very seldom, if ever, read anything about length of contracts.

IMG_4850.thumb.jpg.565d06a719be4e843876cf206a83a7a3.jpg

Interestingly, there’s been a lot of talk about Willie Muir this week. Thoughts on this? I don’t think Cammy Bell will want to be second choice at a L2 club.

Third choice. DC must be second. [emoji41] might be doing an OF here, poaching opponents goalie.

Bringing in Bell is sure to cause a ding-dong with Wullie.