Queen's Park 2019/20

Inevitably, a number will move on. Not going to speculate on who, in case it's bollocks, but one of the names I heard was surprising and disappointing. 
If they aren't released before the end of the window they can't sign for anyone else so I'd be surprised if many players would be happy to agree to being released.

Unless of course you are punting them all on loan.

18 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If they aren't released before the end of the window they can't sign for anyone else so I'd be surprised if many players would be happy to agree to being released.

Unless of course you are punting them all on loan.

Ah right. That's good, then. Hopefully there's no late announcement! 

McKinnon is signing all these young players for league 2. Are they better than what is there already. Grant, Slater and Maclean are good signings but the rest leave me uninspired. Young boys with no experience especially of L2 football. I was excited about going pro but 30 of a squad for a L2 club is embarrassing.  The players that are being left out are basically been told they have no chance of playing. 

24 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

McKinnon is signing all these young players for league 2. Are they better than what is there already. Grant, Slater and Maclean are good signings but the rest leave me uninspired. Young boys with no experience especially of L2 football. I was excited about going pro but 30 of a squad for a L2 club is embarrassing.  The players that are being left out are basically been told they have no chance of playing. 

Need to see the new guys in action before commenting. We certainly were lacking defenders and midfield has been non existent of late.

36 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

It's taken you four weeks before you started complaining about the new manager. That must be a new record, even for you.

3 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

It's taken you four weeks before you started complaining about the new manager. That must be a new record, even for you.

I think we all agree there are very few young players who make a huge difference in L2.  We needed some experience. He is replacing our players with young untried players. Only time will tell with results. I want us to win at all times. 

51 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

In recent years, loan players with no experience have tended to be some of our better players. Keena, Zanatta, Brophy and Duggan. Give the others a chance at least. We’ve brought loans in for a reason because quite frankly there are players currently in our squad that are not good enough or ready for league 2

Edited by qpfc

4 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Well I was inspired.

6 hours ago, spider1867 said:

We're in a position that very few clubs have ever been in or are likely to be in. Everything about the club has changed half way through a season. It was never going to be without challenges and anomalies over this transition period. Everything will be ironed out by the start of next season. 

The alternative to having a big squad was releasing players. Morally, that wouldn't have been right. The other option was for the manager to pass up the opportunity of players he thought could improve the squad in order to keep the squad trim. I think we've dealt with it as well as we could in the circumstances.