Queen's Park 2019/20

On 25/01/2020 at 12:59, williebraveheart said:

That's a relief.

Yeah, one of the select few individuals who has captained us to promotion. Went on to sign for a team in the league above. A real dodged bullet. 

Excellent. Recommend you start a savings account for her 2040 season ticket. It’ll cost a fortune after our Europa Cup success.

Well as mentioned, I’ve got her on the bandwagon nice and early. In 2040 she can give it the “Ive been here since the Hampden days!”
Then folk will glance towards the housing estate that’s replaced Hampden as we currently know it.

30 minutes ago, an86 said:

Yeah, one of the select few individuals who has captained us to promotion. Went on to sign for a team in the league above. A real dodged bullet. 

Doesn't fit our recent signing profile.

We have signed full-time footballers from higher divisions. Players who are comfortable at playing at a higher level.

15 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

And was part of the decline of both those teams. 

We're a strange wee club when it comes to having a pop at folk who've actually helped achieve success. Maybe he'd be better recognised if he'd come through the youth setup and ran about a bit. 

Is this topic about Sean Burns? Would you really have him in over Summers?
I really liked Burns, he was a stalwart in the side in the first few seasons I was coming regularly, and it was great that a local guy was playing reagularly. Thought he was an excellent choice for captain when McGeiver left and Iwas gutted when he left us (though would never begrudge him for furthering his career in a higher league). However, while I'm sure at 28 he could still do a job for us in League 2, I think the players that have come in this past week show the ambition and intent of the club. We are now targeting younger players with Championship experience who can hopefully help to get us up to that level in a few years.
Again, my heart would love to see Burns back, but my head asks is Burns really the standard of player to get us moving up the leagues.

I really liked Burns, he was a stalwart in the side in the first few seasons I was coming regularly, and it was great that a local guy was playing reagularly. Thought he was an excellent choice for captain when McGeiver left and Iwas gutted when he left us (though would never begrudge him for furthering his career in a higher league). However, while I'm sure at 28 he could still do a job for us in League 2, I think the players that have come in this past week show the ambition and intent of the club. We are now targeting younger players with Championship experience who can hopefully help to get us up to that level in a few years.

Again, my heart would love to see Burns back, but my head asks is Burns really the standard of player to get us moving up the leagues.

Very similar opinion to my own. I think he’s okay; same ability as Summers. I think we could get a better left back than the 2 of them. I don’t think bringing Burns back would be progressive at all and that’s exactly the intention for this decade.

I think fans forget players ability when they get injured or leave. I used to pull my hair out at Sean Burns. Good honest lad. Born down the road. Captained the club. Past is the past. I’ll look forward.

14 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We can look forward to Stenny romping up the table then?

No idea. He's a good player at this level and will likely be an improvement on what they've got, though. 

6 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Doesn't fit our recent signing profile.

We have signed full-time footballers from higher divisions. Players who are comfortable at playing at a higher level.

Does that mean you  think that signing Trouten  or Kenny Miller would be step in the wrong direction?