Queen's Park 2019/20

Pretty awful from Queen's who continually gave the ball away and looked like a team of strangers who had never played together before. A better team than Stenny would have banged in five or six against us today. This always happens when Queen's make an effort to attract a bigger crowd than usual, with the result that very few new supporters are attracted back to watch the Spiders regularly.

I was informed that Jamieson was suspended and Galt was away on business. That was murder. We have played better and lost on several occasions this season. Too long a list to pinpoint the failures so the positives for me were the composure and ball skill of Mortimer for both goals. Muir played well as we expect and I thought Alfie held the ball up well towards the end and was the only one in the team to show some strength when it was required. McGrory had some touches but the rest failed to turn up. It can only get better but I do hope McKinnon has two or three lined up to bring in.

1 hour ago, Spidersmad said:

Pretty awful from Queen's who continually gave the ball away and looked like a team of strangers who had never played together before. A better team than Stenny would have banged in five or six against us today. This always happens when Queen's make an effort to attract a bigger crowd than usual, with the result that very few new supporters are attracted back to watch the Spiders regularly.

I think you could see gates go up once at Lesser. Watching at Hampden's not that fun an experience.

39 minutes ago, The clean living guy said:

Sorry if I have missed this but has anyone seen plans for the redevelopment of lesser hampden? I had seen an article about it being 1700 seats. 

Yes, go to the QP page and below the website entry click on Lesser Hampden redevelopment and youll see images of what it might look like. There are drawings as well on our web site but unless you've studied architecture there's not much to see there.

12 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

We have to resist the temptation just to bring in anyone.  I suppose we need to have true faith in those in charge of recruitment. 

Would expect some sort of ceremony for the first guy to sign a pro contract.