Queen's Park 2019/20

Not at all bothered about what fans of other teams say. Any manager coming down from a full time level will have had a bad spell or they wouldn't be being appointed Queen's Park manager. 
Stark and MacPherson were going to be horrendous for us according to fans of their previous clubs. They didn't work out too badly. 
Enjoy. Falkirk fans took great delight in hiring him aswell. The utd fans seemed happy enough having a utd man in charge. He got lucky with us in January and that seems to be about the one good spell he's had as a manager.

Well at least it looks like the club were in charge of affairs. I think in different times Mark would have seen out the season before any judgement but we are where we are. I was hopeful for him but his failing seemed to be he imagined his players could do what he wanted of them rather than working with what their capability was. I’m sure he’s learned plenty. And we should all be mindful that two hard-working guys have just lost their job.

I know nothing of the new man. A brief study this evening shows his playing career was as volatile as his management career. Time will tell if we’ve picked up the first prize rosette or a Lucky Bag. This’ll be a test of the New Order at QPFC as well. I believe they want to invest but the traditional sources haven’t much to offer. Seems obvious then that McKinnon’s phone book will be the attraction. We’re going to need some new faces if the play-offs, promotion that is, are the revised target.

I'm not sure the target will have changed radically. I think we've looked at the situation and thought "we're another bad run away from really deep shit." That still remains the case. 

I'd be surprised if McKinnon hasn't named players that he thinks he can get on the budget he has this month. If that's the case, I think it may have given the club the confidence to take the decision they've taken. It's impossible to arrive at any other conclusion than a real confidence from the decision makers that whatever happens this month is hopefully going to make safety far more likely. 

I had lost faith in Mark Roberts, but I didn't expect this purely because we're generally an extremely cautious club. I'm inclined to trust the committee, on this one, off the back of the way they've navigated choppy waters in recent times. There's some good football people in there. 

I'm not sure the target will have changed radically. I think we've looked at the situation and thought "we're another bad run away from really deep shit." That still remains the case. 
I'd be surprised if McKinnon hasn't named players that he thinks he can get on the budget he has this month. If that's the case, I think it may have given the club the confidence to take the decision they've taken. It's impossible to arrive at any other conclusion than a real confidence from the decision makers that whatever happens this month is hopefully going to make safety far more likely. 
I had lost faith in Mark Roberts, but I didn't expect this purely because we're generally an extremely cautious club. I'm inclined to trust the committee, on this one, off the back of the way they've navigated choppy waters in recent times. There's some good football people in there. 
Are you now semi pro? Iv not kept on top of it all. Iv always had the normal soft spot for you with your status etc but fully back your clubs move. I hope you don't end up getting snaked, although I do hope he fails again.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
13 minutes ago, an86 said:

Are you now semi pro? Iv not kept on top of it all. Iv always had the normal soft spot for you with your status etc but fully back your clubs move. I hope you don't end up getting snaked, although I do hope he fails again.

Aye. Voted to go semi-pro. Suspect we'll see our first pro contracts signed this month. 

The last time a team rolled up at Broadwood with no awareness of Clyde's weaknesses, or any obvious patterns of play, was Ally McCoist's Sevco. This season, every single team knew (or at least adapted during the match) that we were playing a centre half at left-back, and that they had to stop Ray Grant playing the ball through midfield. Falkirk played a diamond with no width, left acres of space in behind their full-backs for Goodwillie and allowed Grant to dictate the entire game. Did absolutely nothing to change the match.

Then, remarkably, he repeated the trick when we visited TFS. It was quite staggering how completely clueless a team of full-time, "Championship" players could be. Just ended up resorting to punting the ball towards Sammon.

We've only managed to win three other league games!

Aye. Voted to go semi-pro. Suspect we'll see our first pro contracts signed this month. 
I knew the vote had went through to go semi pro, wasn't sure when you were actually going semi pro. I'm too lazy to check, what kind of a home crowd do you get? You've got the money from the sale of hampden, with lesser to do up still. Where do you think you can realistically go in the league setup?

10 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Do they? Why would it be an important factor. 

Chairmen have said as much in the past, part time football has different challenges. I'm assuming Ray McKinnon still has business interests in the Dundee area and is based there. If that is the case then that's a fair ammount of travelling. I hope he proves me wrong and gives us 100%.

11 hours ago, an86 said:

Not at all bothered about what fans of other teams say. Any manager coming down from a full time level will have had a bad spell or they wouldn't be being appointed Queen's Park manager. 

Stark and MacPherson were going to be horrendous for us according to fans of their previous clubs. They didn't work out too badly. 

He was dreadful with us from day one till he left. Couldnt get us above Alloa with a massive budget advantage and then had us 4th in a league we really should be cruising in. Add to that the god awful defensive football he plays and there's not a lot to rave about.  He also had the biggest budget in the league whilst at United and still couldn't produce the goods.   He did ok at Brechin and had a decent 6 months at Raith so perhaps he's better when working with a really small budget than one thats bigger than everyone elses. Will be interesting to see how Queens go with him in charge now.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

As has been said, Billy Stark and Super Gus got their careers back on track at the Queen's. Hopefully, the new man is looking to do the same and is in it for the long term, or at least as long as "the long term" is in football management.

I'm heartened by the appointment and look forward to the new man getting us up the table.

53 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Hopefully, the new man is looking to do the same and is in it for the long term, or at least as long as "the long term" is in football management.

Which in Ray McKinnon's book amounts to 'three months'. 

14 hours ago, an86 said:

The only way he'll be jumping to any other club is if he's a success at Queen's Park. In which case, fair enough, it'll have been mutually beneficial. If he fails, he's done. That means he'll be hungry. 

Nope, because he can still fail and jump ship to some currently moneyed non-league outfit like Kelty Hearts or East Stirlingshire regardless.

54 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

As has been said, Billy Stark and Super Gus got their careers back on track at the Queen's. Hopefully, the new man is looking to do the same and is in it for the long term, or at least as long as "the long term" is in football management.

I'm heartened by the appointment and look forward to the new man getting us up the table.

Got to be given a chance like any other new incoming manager, some managers/players fit certain clubs, has to given a chance 

Always makes me laugh when fans of bigger clubs tell small clubs like us that an abomination of a manager or player has been signed, the truth is, every manager at this level who has managed at a higher level has some kind of blip in their CV, hence why they end up managing here.

This is an interesting appointment by QP and one that should excite the fans.

16 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Have you seen Zander Easedale play?

No. Despite the fact that Jim Duffy, Ray McKinnon, Jonathan Johannsen and now Davie Hopkin have all been told they have to play him by two men who have nothing to do with the club.

Almost as if that rumour is absolute pish

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Always makes me laugh when fans of bigger clubs tell small clubs like us that an abomination of a manager or player has been signed, the truth is, every manager at this level who has managed at a higher level has some kind of blip in their CV, hence why they end up managing here.

This is an interesting appointment by QP and one that should excite the fans.

His only seemingly connection to QP was playing for the Binos as a trialist against us back in 2000. We won 3-0. It was inevitable he'd be drawn back to the good life.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was dreadful with us from day one till he left. Couldnt get us above Alloa with a massive budget advantage and then had us 4th in a league we really should be cruising in. Add to that the god awful defensive football he plays and there's not a lot to rave about.  He also had the biggest budget in the league whilst at United and still couldn't produce the goods.   He did ok at Brechin and had a decent 6 months at Raith so perhaps he's better when working with a really small budget than one thats bigger than everyone elses. Will be interesting to see how Queens go with him in charge now.

I was gutted when Celtic Schoolboys beat our B team in the Challenge cup and denied us a trip to Grangemouth's second stadium. The script is now corrected. We'll beat Clyde in the L1 play-off final and visit Falkirk next season. Lord Ray of Cathcart will be vanquished.