Queen's Park 2019/20

Right decision but actually still a bit shocked by this.

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t have something lined up already.

Unless if course it was Roberts who decided it was best to call it a day. Or Haughey had a word with the transfer window opening. Coincidental timing?

Whoever comes in still has a weak squad to work with. I sincerely hope it’s not an internal promotion. We’re only going to get one shot at this now. And we need a couple of ex-pros, especially one who could lead a team. Double especially if they are ex-Queensparkers.

All the best for your future Mark.

I have a few points to make :-

1. As said multiple times before on this forum with relegation now a possibility the club will have to be much more decisive and hard headed when making decisions about managers instead of always thinking it will be better next season. I think also turning semi pro will make the club make these decisions even quicker in the future as (more) money will be on the line.

2. Have to admit I was/am a Roberts fan and was excited last year when he became manager especially after the home performances against Peterhead and Clyde and also was impressed with his recruitment and after the cup games at the beginning of the season thought we would be challenging for the playoffs (of course we still could be). Unfortunately we are very inconsistent and after excellent results we would have a run of sub par performances. I personally think that he made some errors in formation e.g. playing Lidouren too far forward or far out on the right hand side, but from his interviews it seemed he was planning to bring in some new faces in January. As said by others I think there must be a plan as whoever comes in will want to add some new faces and there is only a short window to do this.

3. I like everyone else would love to see Billy Stark come back, however would he want to come back? We all have to remember we had a group of excellent young players coming through when Billy took over and he was able along with a few good signings to produce the best QP team I have seen. I do not believe we have those sort of players coming through at present. We can always offer money now but it has been a number of years since Billy was involved in league football so would he be able to find the players we require in a limited period of time.

Mark Roberts; Always came across as a decent man. Perhaps the club changing to semi pro may have been a factor, I'm guessing of course, different type of manager might be more suited for a club where big changes are ahead. 

If the club go down the route of advertising the job, I'm sure there'll be a lot of interest. We are a great club and a good opportunity for the right candidate.

11 minutes ago, Lesser Is More said:

If the club go down the route of advertising the job, I'm sure there'll be a lot of interest. We are a great club and a good opportunity for the right candidate.

I totally agree that we are a great club and the job is an excellent opportunity. My concern would be if the job is advertised the window will near enough be closed when the new man is appointed and this may prevent anybody being brought in.

These posts make sense, and may well be the case, especially with business needing to be in the transfer window.

31 minutes ago, PeterParker said:

I totally agree that we are a great club and the job is an excellent opportunity. My concern would be if the job is advertised the window will near enough be closed when the new man is appointed and this may prevent anybody being brought in.

18 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

I would not like to think the decision to get rid of our manager would have been done without someone else ready to take his place . January is huge for our club .

Not sure how I feel about this. Mark made great signings and we started off like an express train but we've been far too inconsistent. Roberts winning the manager of the month in November and away before the end of December sort of mirrors the season.

I honestly think we have a decent squad but I'd be looking for a brute to take the armband or for Gibby to be back. Too often, captainship seems to take the edge off a player (Robertson with Scotland?) and I think Davie Galt has shaded off a bit.

I'd love to see Quinno at the helm, but this is too soon for him, and we can't afford to gamble. Billy Stark in a heartbeat if he's available, but Paul Martin might be a shout if he's not.

I'd expect a few guys with some pedigree to be in the mix. Stark and Macpherson had coached/managed at a good level. With our budget, someone looking for a route back to full-time on the back of success could be a goer. 

Is the likes of John Hughes going to get another full-time gig after a disaster at Raith? Unlikely at this juncture. Out of the game for a wee bit, but his record is largely decent. Won the cup with Caley, a final with Falkirk, both in Europe for the first time. 

Mixed feelings about this announcement but it just shows how 'in the dark' your average fan is regarding what's going on in the background at the club. Let's hope that the new year will bring a new outlook with a new boss and we can get back on the rails and start to look up and not down again. Saturday would be a good place to start and it will be very interesting to see how this news will affect (if any) the performance and /or team selection.

Happy New Year btw.

The next appointment could be perhaps the biggest n most important for your clubs future..

Stark is understandle fans choice or do you go with someone until May to simply keep it basic and keep you up like Chapman who wasnt a good fit for my club even by his own admission at his first fans meeting but overall done well with Annan each season...

Either way i would agree due to time o the season and risk of play off game it would be a disaster if your club didnt have a replacement lined up

2 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

go with someone until May to simply keep it basic and keep you up like Chapman who wasnt a good fit for my club even by his own admission at his first fans meeting but overall done well with Annan each season.

If the plan is to go with someone like Chapman then we are f*****.

If the plan is to go with someone like Chapman then we are f*****.

Long term agreed...

However knows the league though and will no doubt buy you a few cloggers and be hard to beat like his Annan days,League priority first perhaps..

Then Rebuild in summer with an actual coach like Duffy or Stark type

Issue with any current 3rd div team or future is the teams looking to come up from LL and their crazy money attitude of throwing everything at it with no care to anyone if it fails as they.ll just return to original status, basicallu win/win situation for em (Bonnyrigg. Kelty etc)

18 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

You don't sound convinced. Nothing suspicious about a fan of a team in the same league suggesting a potential management appointment. Go on. Fox for the spiders.

Manuel Pellegrini apparently visited Scotland once when he was a young man so I suppose that puts him in the hat too.

Manuel Pellegrini apparently visited Scotland once when he was a young man so I suppose that puts him in the hat too.
Knows nothing about the Second Division; how would he be on a winter Tuesday at Cowden? It's a no from me.

Although the "by mutual consent" could mean either side making the first move, I'd like to think that if it was the Club who initiated it, they have someone in the sights. Or, more correctly, more than that.