Queen's Park 2019/20

19 hours ago, Moodster said:

Well that's a bit worrying, a lack of trust of our support 

Probably just somebody being ultra cautious as apparently pyros were once found on  an away fan ( I can only imagine that might have the time that 30,000 Sevconians descended) Utterly ridiculous that searches happen at all but even more so at our level when we're playing the likes of Stennie or Brechin.

Given Hampden appears to be the only motivator for it then these body searches really have to stop when we move to Lesser.

Edited by Mick1867

9 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Probably just somebody being ultra cautious as apparently pyros were once found on  an away fan ( I can only imagine that might have the time that 30,000 Sevconians descended) Utterly ridiculous that searches happen at all but even more so at our level when we're playing the likes of Stennie or Brechin.

Given Hampden appears to be the only motivator for it then these body searches really have to stop when we move to Lesser.

Hopefully sense prevails.

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Well deserved if only for holding the mighty Cowden to a Single goal victory against ten men 😂

Both teams finished with ten men. You had the ballboys playing for you as well mind. From about 30 mins. But it'll be forever remembered for the Jungle Book dance scene by the big keeper at the end. King of the Swingers right enough🤣

Under 18's lost 3-1 at Kilmarnock tonight in the SFA Youth Cup. Started well and took the lead just before the half hour with a great strike from Regan Thomson from 15 yards. 

Killie subbed their centre forward in response and changed formation and scored twice before half time, adding a third just after the break and saw the game out comfortably.

Keeper kept Queen's in the match in the second half with several good saves, including two one on ones.

Also see that Adam Martin has left the club. It's a shame he never managed to get much playing time for us, and suffered a couple of bad injuries. Dont know if he was ever going to break into the team again given the form of others in his position. Wish him all the best and hope he finds a club soon.

The proposed redevelopment:

The new development will comprise the following accommodation;

• Home Changing Facilities
  • Away Changing Facilities
  • Match Official Changing Rooms • First Aid
  • 2 x Concessions
  • 2 x Toilet Blocks
  • 2 x accessible WC
  • Extended West Stand (Capacity: 914)
  • New East Stand (Capacity: 812)
  • Extended Clubhouse Terrace (Capacity: 48)
  • Match Control Room • Storage
  • Plantroom

Total capacity = 1,774, according to that. I know gates aren't massive, but that doesn't seem very ambitious.

Edited by Ralstonite

7 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

The proposed redevelopment:

Its reality though if your getting £2m from the SFA for Hampden I would imagine a fair chunk of it will get gobbled up with the redevelopment of Lesser. I suppose in time they could extend the stands and even put something behind the goals.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, pipedreamer said:

You get a chance to build something for the fans and the solution is to build a soulless two stand all seater jobby. Most lower league fans want some sort of standing, and it looks like queens missed the mark big time with this. 

Aye, I'd have thought it would have made more sense to have built a large terrace on the opposite side of the pitch. It would surely be cheaper and would increase the capacity, as well as giving the fans the option of sitting or standing.

2 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

You get a chance to build something for the fans and the solution is to build a soulless two stand all seater jobby. Most lower league fans want some sort of standing, and it looks like queens missed the mark big time with this. 

Where does it say it's an all seater?

2 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Soulless exactly, I wrote the President  asking if during the planning stages they would consider building something artichitectnically imaginative and not two bland industrial type units,(finances allowing). I could be wrong but it looks as if design wise things may have been a bit rushed.

Queen's have been tussling with the SFA on what they, as a League side, can build. They don't currently have the same options as, say, Cove as a non-league side had.

Didn't make game today. Due to medical condition I have to take blood thinners (cant be the only one!) so today would have been too cold for me, when I have to SIT in a cold stand. Have been disappionted to read that we have such a small standing section planned.