Queen's Park 2019/20

1 hour ago, Moodster said:

Seconded , brilliant atmosphere created by those standing and singing, just ask the players what a help that was on the day. Committee must find a way of allowing standing at our new home a couple of rows at the back wont work IMO

It'll take care of itself. Folk will generally go to the same general area for most games. One of those areas will become a standing section, whether it's a bit with rail seats or not. 

It'll take care of itself. Folk will generally go to the same general area for most games. One of those areas will become a standing section, whether it's a bit with rail seats or not. 

So why do we not have a standing area at Hampden? It’s a bold statement without knowing the stewarding policy. Let’s not forget the Gretna Six.

Just now, Bring Your Own Socks said:

So why do we not have a standing area at Hampden? It’s a bold statement without knowing the stewarding policy. Let’s not forget the Gretna Six.

Hampden is probably the only all seater stadium that we don't stand at. It's not conducive to creating any sort of atmosphere. We do know the stewarding policy, which is to treat pensioners as ISIS fighters returning from Northern Syria. 

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Hampden is probably the only all seater stadium that we don't stand at. It's not conducive to creating any sort of atmosphere. We do know the stewarding policy, which is to treat pensioners as ISIS fighters returning from Northern Syria. 

Out of interest , were you able to stand at the Killie away LC game last season/season before?

Joffrey Lidouren with six assists in thirteen games, Salim Koudier-Aissa with double figures, Galt doing Galt things. Now that we can, we're surely already talking to these guys about next season? Not the only ones either btw. 

Disagree. Our new stand won’t be dissimilar to Stenny I imagine and no one stands there. Although we were in the terrace last time out, we’ve been seated previous seasons and it’s always a poor atmosphere with no singing.

Disagree. Our new stand won’t be dissimilar to Stenny I imagine and no one stands there. Although we were in the terrace last time out, we’ve been seated previous seasons and it’s always a poor atmosphere with no singing.

True. Hence my point about stewards. Contrast with Methil and it’s a different atmosphere. The boys and girl at Palmerston got the balance right.

But all these grounds got stands on the back of the Taylor Report. We don’t need that baggage.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Joffrey Lidouren with six assists in thirteen games, Salim Koudier-Aissa with double figures, Galt doing Galt things. Now that we can, we're surely already talking to these guys about next season? Not the only ones either btw. 

Hopefully we’re speaking to Jamieson already. Class act at the back 

On 26/11/2019 at 19:30, QPSpider1867 said:

You ever tried standing in the stand at Stenny?  The stewards are like the gestapo.  

2 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

You ever tried standing in the stand at Stenny?  The stewards are like the gestapo.  

I remember doing it once ( scenes when Longworth smashed in that last minute winner against Shire ) Not sure how we got away with it that day.

As folk have touched on, it all boils down to fans and stewards being sensible.  Fans who want to stand should go up the back - no standing in front of folk who want to sit. Those who want to sit should do so below those standing. If we can sort that out between us then hopefully we will also employ stewards who can apply common sense, however we all know that could be the major stumbling block.

A proper standing area big enough to group everyone together would help negate most of the above. Members of our committee who read this site take note please.  

50 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I remember doing it once ( scenes when Longworth smashed in that last minute winner against Shire ) Not sure how we got away with it that day.

As folk have touched on, it all boils down to fans and stewards being sensible.  Fans who want to stand should go up the back - no standing in front of folk who want to sit. Those who want to sit should do so below those standing. If we can sort that out between us then hopefully we will also employ stewards who can apply common sense, however we all know that could be the major stumbling block.

A proper standing area big enough to group everyone together would help negate most of the above. Members of our committee who read this site take note please.  

The stewards will be paid for by the club. They will do what they are told to by the club. The club washes its hands of what the stewards currently do because they are said not to be hired by the club. All the nonsense of searching almost all the fans must stop. For god's sake it doesn't happen at any of the other lower league grounds or even at Ibrokes or Parkhead. I know that the Irnbru ultras have a fearsome reputation but enough is enough.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

The club washes its hands of what the stewards currently do because they are said not to be hired by the club. 

Aye, the current company have a contract in place with HPL for all events at the stadium (we pay their costs for our games) however I've been told by a good source that the current directive to search fans has come from our club ( it's never happened to me at Scotland games so I did wonder) 

By all accounts it's seen as a high profile venue - even at our games - for dafties trying to smuggle in pyros (not kidding) Funny how they only ever ask us if we have cans or bottles mind you.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye, the current company have a contract in place with HPL for all events at the stadium (we pay their costs for our games) however I've been told by a good source that the current directive to search fans has come from our club ( it's never happened to me at Scotland games so I did wonder) 

By all accounts it's seen as a high profile venue - even at our games - for dafties trying to smuggle in pyros (not kidding) Funny how they only ever ask us if we have cans or bottles mind you.

Well that's a bit worrying, a lack of trust of our support or was it really introduced for the benefit of clyde/cowdenbeath fans ?

13 hours ago, Moodster said:

Well that's a bit worrying, a lack of trust of our support or was it really introduced for the benefit of clyde/cowdenbeath fans ?

From memory the last time there was a pyro incident in league 2 was when sevco played at Annan. A sevco fan damaged the newly laid pitch.