Queen's Park 2019/20

31 minutes ago, Glasgow1999 said:

An interesting article with some good points.

I believe Eddie Hunter was all for the change.

I'm quite sure the Spider would tell you that Ross Caven would have backed the move.

As for the expenses accusation, I'm pretty certain that not all our players do not stay in the same house. They have different travel requirements and therefore some players expenses are higher than others. Nothing sinister or underhand.

As for the guff about insufficient compensation to justify the move. If we had got the compensation due for the players that went to the 4 Premier League Clubs in the summer that would have covered the net cost of our youth system for 2 years.

Just wondering where he hid the good points!

I'm quite sure the Spider would tell you that Ross Caven would have backed the move.
As for the expenses accusation, I'm pretty certain that not all our players do not stay in the same house. They have different travel requirements and therefore some players expenses are higher than others. Nothing sinister or underhand.
As for the guff about insufficient compensation to justify the move. If we had got the compensation due for the players that went to the 4 Premier League Clubs in the summer that would have covered the net cost of our youth system for 2 years.
I dont know Eddie Hunter (and he certainly won't know me) but I'm pretty sure I know him by sight, and if so then he happened to be leaving Thursdays meeting at the same time as me and I overheard him commenting to others something to the effect of "that was the right decision"

"There are many shaking their heads and throwing their bowler hats to the floor in disgust as this week’s development"
Maybe, but the other 91% disagree.

Eddie will be due lots of back money!

58 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
19 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:
The posters on here couldn’t have been at the game. No one could condone the behaviour of some of the QP players.
Sad really.

Maybe have a wee look at your own players (and coaches) before firing into us.

Is that the best you can come up with? Couldn’t have been at the game.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:
19 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:
Aye, cos every professional player would want to play for Mark Roberts emoji23.png

A better bet than Bollan, I would reckon.

Check their records mate

Bollan record of promotions speak for themselves while Roberts has done what ?

21 hours ago, big al said:

Not 1 Queens Park fan ready to admit their team played like a bunch of hacking b*****ds yesterday.

Almost every Cowden fan admitting Cox deserved his red for idiotic behaviour.

You weegies might not support either of the ugly sisters, but you’re acting abit like their fans.

Is there not a match thread for all this shite?

17 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I dont know Eddie Hunter (and he certainly won't know me) but I'm pretty sure I know him by sight, and if so then he happened to be leaving Thursdays meeting at the same time as me and I overheard him commenting to others something to the effect of "that was the right decision"

"There are many shaking their heads and throwing their bowler hats to the floor in disgust as this week’s development"
Maybe, but the other 91% disagree.

Aye, Eddie was sitting behind me at the EGM and he looked pretty happy after the meeting. Also Eddie's boy David - an ex player of course - is part of the committee that proposed the change in status and will become the next President of the club  in May. 

I had the misfortune to spend time in Parks' company via a mutual friend years ago and he absolutely loves himself big time. He played in the same youth team with Duncan Ferguson at Dundee Utd and dines off it. I can remember him playing two good games for us - the Scottish Cup replay at Tannadice and a home win over Berwick. Scored a grand total of 2 goals in 29 appearance (14 of those as sub) in Cowboy's first season. After he left we won the league.      

11 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You had 6 players and a coach booked plus a player sent off. We're you standing behind a pillar?

We had 5 players and a red card as well, tbf. Both teams giving as good as they got imo  

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:
4 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You had 6 players and a coach booked plus a player sent off. We're you standing behind a pillar?

And how many of the Cowden bookings and sending off were for dangerous tackles? I think you'll find that wasn't the case  for the QP indiscretions and the red card was a disgrace. Be ashamed.

On 17/11/2019 at 17:14, The man with no name said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/corinthian-spirit-made-queens-park-20889520

The vote has been won, so there is not any point in going over a lot of issues. Dont know the two guys mentioned or their views on the vote, so I will take your word that they were for it. I agree the expensive allegations were unfounded and inaccurate. I think the compensation issue is a decent point as there are some who believe it will provide huge riches which will continue for many years, which is very optimistic to say the least.

The good points for me started with the headline which describe the spirit the Club had as an amateur team

in professional league. Some on this forum report that the amateur status had no importance for them, but it was a history that no other Club in the world could match.

The article speaks of the requirements of professional football, for instance buying and selling players. It would be good if the Club could continue to differentiate itself from other clubs, by maintaining traditional and different values from most clubs but this will not be easy. Will the Club motto be changed ? It probably will as well as many other traditions.

Having to now pay wages could be a risk as it has been for many clubs. There is always the temptation to go over and above wage limits to sign desirable players. When this happens over a number of years it can have a big impact on clubs. The recent example of Gretna could be seen as a warning. Gretna achieved beyond their level of support due to a rich owner who was willing to spend a lot of money relatively. When they were unwilling to continue this support, Gretna could no longer continue and their fall from grace was a fatal one. I hope the is a direction QPFC do not head down, I am sure they will.