Queen's Park 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Thanks for fecking up our #1 fact, in our anniversary year too :(

20191115-160934.jpg

Surely "Killie pies are the Best in Scottish Football" is number one?

Think it's safe to say you are the longest-serving professional club in the league. How's that? Or oldest member? Or biggest club in Ayrshire? Personally, I'd stick with the pie award.

16 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Think it's safe to say you are the longest-serving professional club in the league. 

Actually we're not, Killie didn't turn pro and join the league til its 6th season, 5 years later QPFC joined the SFL.

Anyway as others have said I wish your great old club all the very best with it's new future.

Edited by Lurkst

On 14/11/2019 at 21:22, an86 said:

There's no point in having an illustrious history if you don't have any future. The correct decision was reached by an overwhelming majority and we can start to map our way forward and build. 

I think enormous credit has to go to Gerry Crawley and the committee for steering the ship through the choppiest of waters. It's been a nervy and frustrating time for everyone, but from what's being presented I don't think we could have ended up in a better place under the circumstances. 

I dare say there will be bumps in the road and robust debate as we do move forward, but I'm thankful that we look to have been spared a really, really grim situation. 

The right decision, and great news. The future of QP as a league club is now secure.

Well done on the vote , if that’s what you all wanted.

Presume when the professional contracts come in to play it will be a large turnover of players at first. I’m not fishing, your team had several cloggers in it. I usually find your team plays a fair bit of football on the deck but your current side doesn’t have the ability to do that (based on today, I don’t go to Hampden for the games).

9 minutes ago, big al said:

Well done on the vote , if that’s what you all wanted.

Presume when the professional contracts come in to play it will be a large turnover of players at first. I’m not fishing, your team had several cloggers in it. I usually find your team plays a fair bit of football on the deck but your current side doesn’t have the ability to do that (based on today, I don’t go to Hampden for the games).

I disagree. Today was a dreadful game of football and not a great measure of anything, but as our manager said, we were still the better team. Similar to the last game it was very fine margins. QP and Cowdenbeath are very different teams, and I can see how Cowden's approach may be effective in this league, but I don't think they are one of the top four sides in this division. A long way to go yet and I may be proved wrong but Edinburgh, Cove, Elgin, Stirling and even Albion I believe are better footballing sides. A well fought three points today though.

7 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I disagree. Today was a dreadful game of football and not a great measure of anything, but as our manager said, we were still the better team. Similar to the last game it was very fine margins. QP and Cowdenbeath are very different teams, and I can see how Cowden's approach may be effective in this league, but I don't think they are one of the top four sides in this division. A long way to go yet and I may be proved wrong but Edinburgh, Cove, Elgin, Stirling and even Albion I believe are better footballing sides. A well fought three points today though.

The league is dross. Cove have better players because they pay silly money. Edinburgh are an ok team. We are ok with our loan players. Without them, we would be struggling. They give us a little bit extra and improve some of the others in the team enough for us to win games like today's. QP are very poor. Fortunately for you, there are even poorer teams.

Struggle to see how 11 v 10 for 35 minutes and still losing is the mark of a better team

4 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

2nd lowest budget in the league, we are just happy to be in the mix right now, the will to win over tidy on the ball, is much more effective, table doesn't lie either

Would be shocked if we have the second lowest budget in the league tbh. 

9 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I have no problem with you disagreeing. Apart from today you are at different games to me usually.

From the games I have seen so far, there is very little between the teams apart from Cove who in midfield and attack are far superior to the rest, but even they are nothing special defensively.

Cowden are very difficult to beat at home without being especially pleasing on the eye but have a few decent players. 
I can assure you today’s match was an eye opener for me. Very physical, dirty and cynical challenges from your team, the kind you expect in the juniors to be honest. Also you didn’t create a single chance against 10 men for almost 40 minutes. 
In the past I always felt you were the team of amateurs who played some decent football and yesterday was a big contrast which surprised me.

All the best anyway

17 minutes ago, big al said:

I have no problem with you disagreeing. Apart from today you are at different games to me usually.

From the games I have seen so far, there is very little between the teams apart from Cove who in midfield and attack are far superior to the rest, but even they are nothing special defensively.

Cowden are very difficult to beat at home without being especially pleasing on the eye but have a few decent players. 
I can assure you today’s match was an eye opener for me. Very physical, dirty and cynical challenges from your team, the kind you expect in the juniors to be honest. Also you didn’t create a single chance against 10 men for almost 40 minutes. 
In the past I always felt you were the team of amateurs who played some decent football and yesterday was a big contrast which surprised me.

All the best anyway

Were you at the same game. Cowden were very physical and wanted it to be a battle more than a football game. Take into account the worse surface in the SPFL too. We knew what it was going to be like and we failed to deal with it. Too many useless long balls that played into Cowden's hands. We had to get the ball down and play through them but failed to do it. We have learned a valuable lesson yesterday and we need to take heed!

28 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Were you at the same game. Cowden were very physical and wanted it to be a battle more than a football game. Take into account the worse surface in the SPFL too. We knew what it was going to be like and we failed to deal with it. Too many useless long balls that played into Cowden's hands. We had to get the ball down and play through them but failed to do it. We have learned a valuable lesson yesterday and we need to take heed!

There’s nothing wrong with ‘ battling’, it’s called being competitive. There was plenty wrong with several of the challenges from your team, mainly defensive minded players. Big difference.

As I said you reminded me of a junior team of cloggers. 

1 hour ago, big al said:

There’s nothing wrong with ‘ battling’, it’s called being competitive. There was plenty wrong with several of the challenges from your team, mainly defensive minded players. Big difference.

As I said you reminded me of a junior team of cloggers. 

When Billy Mortimer was booked in the first have your players deliberately targeted him to try and get him sent off. Fair play to him in that he kept his composure and refused to be drawn in. More than I can say for David Cox who is a bomb scare!