Queen's Park 2019/20

34 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:
45 minutes ago, bobthespider said:
Great news can someone put the club statement on here as the website is not working

Website down. How unprofessional.

Bunch of amateurs. Oh wait...

There's no point in having an illustrious history if you don't have any future. The correct decision was reached by an overwhelming majority and we can start to map our way forward and build. 

I think enormous credit has to go to Gerry Crawley and the committee for steering the ship through the choppiest of waters. It's been a nervy and frustrating time for everyone, but from what's being presented I don't think we could have ended up in a better place under the circumstances. 

I dare say there will be bumps in the road and robust debate as we do move forward, but I'm thankful that we look to have been spared a really, really grim situation. 

1 hour ago, RaithTheRover said:

Congratulations. Being amateur in today’s game was always going to drag you down to the dreaded Lowland League. Hope to see you back in the League One real soon, of course we won’t be there...

Never mind the Lowland League, I think we would have ended up in the South of Scotland League if we had stayed amateur.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I think enormous credit has to go to Gerry Crawley and the committee for steering the ship through the choppiest of waters. It's been a nervy and frustrating time for everyone, but from what's being presented I don't think we could have ended up in a better place under the circumstances. 

I dare say there will be bumps in the road and robust debate as we do move forward, but I'm thankful that we look to have been spared a really, really grim situation. 

Despite the loss of Hampden, I don't think we could ever have had a better set of circumstances for turning pro. Part of the Hampden payment up front to pay for the Lesser redevelopment and then guaranteed payments for eight years for the balance, allied with the offer of a sustained annual contribution from a benefactor means in reality it was now or never. Fortunately it is now. 

Edited by qpsnapper

Absolutely delighted at what happened last night. Good times are ahead and our history will always be available. Queen’s Park has a future to look forward to.

Congratulations to the Chairman and his committee for managing this through in a measured and professional manner and for showing great empathy to those who believed something else. With a 91% mandate they can now push on with their plans and I hope everyone at the club gives them a wind at their back.