Queen's Park 2019/20

30 minutes ago, Glasgow1999 said:

What players salaries have been paid bu the Club?

None and those in the future will be reimbursed so even if we go professional the net cost to the Club will be nothing.

What part of there will be NO additional financial burden to the Club do you not get. In fact, going professional will actually lesson the financial burden on the Club as we will then benefit from training compensation and increased income from higher league positions and better Cup runs.

Edited by The man with no name

My feeling on the situation is that change will come, whether the vote goes for professionalism or not. If it doesn't, it's just delaying the inevitable but with the additional risk of a civil war within the club and long term on and off field damage. 

I think it's now clear that a majority of people around the club want change to happen. It'd be fanciful to expect folk to just hold their hands up and say "oh well, that's that then" if a minority vote was to dictate an issue of this enormity on the club's future. 

Edited by an86

3 hours ago, The man with no name said:

None and those in the future will be reimbursed so even if we go professional the net cost to the Club will be nothing.

What part of there will be NO additional financial burden to the Club do you not get. In fact, going professional will actually lesson the financial burden on the Club as we will then benefit from training compensation and increased income from higher league positions and better Cup runs.

It's alarming how close we are to voting yet there are still so many that haven't researched or fully understand the position. I don't think anyone is to blame for that except those who don't invest time to listen. Scary considering the magnitude of the decision. Hopefully Glasgow1999 listens to what is being discussed and has a change of heart and mind. For the clubs sake. 

19 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

It has been noted on numerous occasions that the Club is currently cash rich. So, why the status quo would lead to no investment in youth is ridiculous. The real threat would be the wage bill reducing funds available for youth. The current league system is going to change in the near future, which will result in most top health lowland league clubs moving up a division.

Not sure what inside information you have but I doubt that is going to happen with regards to the league from what I hear. I am not a club member, but I understand that a very rich man is going to underwrite the club going Pro, so in fact it will cost the club not one penny. The money that the club has in the bank will have to be used over a period of time for the upkeep of Lesser and various other things about the place like the renewal of the astroturf etc.

Tradition is a wonderful thing but we all must move with the times.

21 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

While you're on, if you could possibly take a few minutes from writing about your only subject, what was your opinion on the team and general performance yesterday and last week at Stenny? I'm always keen to find out what new supporters actually think about the football side of things.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You didn’t answer my very polite post yesterday on the last 2 games. That’s rude.

So what did you think of the team’s performances? Do you think Mark’s got it right now? What’s out chances for Saturday?

2 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

Uneducated in your opinion? 

I'm beginning to think maybe you're not really a QP fan. Just some egocentric trying to stay in the limelight on the forum's hottest topic.

So, definitely a Clyde fan. 

8 hours ago, The man with no name said:

No financial burden if the Club go professional? Where will the money come from to pay wages?