Queen's Park 2019/20

19 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Marko was Manager of the Month last October.

And I hope he ends up manager of the month next month. This form cannot continue for much longer, though. Next two games are huge. If we fail to get positive results, we're heading into a run of three very tough fixtures beyond it. We're in very serious trouble if we don't get our arses in gear very quickly. 

Irrespective of the way the vote goes the club needs to make the most of its assets. It might be worth exploring a link with Glasgow City. Ground sharing would reduce costs and increase income. It would raise the profile of the new Hampden. TV coverage of Champions League matches.  Better chance of getting good advertising. Could consider a joint season ticket which ought to increase attendances for both clubs.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Irrespective of the way the vote goes the club needs to make the most of its assets. It might be worth exploring a link with Glasgow City. Ground sharing would reduce costs and increase income. It would raise the profile of the new Hampden. TV coverage of Champions League matches.  Better chance of getting good advertising. Could consider a joint season ticket which ought to increase attendances for both clubs.

Was actually thinking along similar lines when I was watching last night. The only thing is that it couldn't be done to the detriment of our own women's team or any of our other squads who use the facilities. They must have priority at all times. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Was actually thinking along similar lines when I was watching last night. The only thing is that it couldn't be done to the detriment of our own women's team or any of our other squads who use the facilities. They must have priority at all times. 

I would imagine that it could be scheduled accordingly.

4 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

I received the email but it has no details whatsoever. The Club is apparently reluctant to divulge any more information. Why spring this on the Members a week before the EGM? Why the complete lack of transparency? 

It’s about survival of the Club, that’s all you should be concerned about.

It has been announced now because it is only been finalised recently, I feel they have been as open as they can be, I really don’t get your notion that there has been a lack of transparency. Looks to me you are just looking for a reason to vote it down. Sad

17 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

I received the email but it has no details whatsoever. The Club is apparently reluctant to divulge any more information. Why spring this on the Members a week before the EGM? Why the complete lack of transparency? 

There most definitely isn't a lack of transparency. It might be more of a case of some people wanting every last detail, which in reality we're never going to get. The reality is that voting against the proposals next week is voting against the future of this club and against the prospect of us thriving rather than surviving. In my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

Where have you been? There's been 3 meetings spelling out the threats to the Club. Did you make any of them?

You want transparency - vote for and protect the Club's SPFL future, vote against and go down to the Lowland League. 

10 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

I'm specifically questioning the "funding agreement".  The first I heard of it was in an email yesterday. I'm incredulous that members are not interested in the terms of such an agreement. 

Until that I was totally in favour of the Club turning pro. Indeed I still am - I just don't want to deliver it into the hands of some opportunist, be that Haughey or A.N. Other.

Then instead of posting on here why don't you speak to someone on Saturday.

On 01/11/2019 at 14:27, an86 said:

I am sure that we can trust the Committee in that respect. I am not a member and do not know what was said on Monday night. So I have just bought the Daily Mail, re NathanQP's comment, and this is just amazing. His Lordship has been good to us in the past, look at that photo in the social club, what a guy, and all because he played for our youth teams.  Fantastic.

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Awfy nice of the attention seeker to delete his posts out of respect for his mate. Pity he doesn't have any respect for the club or he wouldn't have posted them at all.

From the so-called "anonymous" private messager 😉 I'll be more careful about corresponding with any going forward.