Queen's Park 2019/20

58 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The lad is probably the most promising player I"ve seen since John McGregor.

but obviously not since Jimmy "Walks On Water" Rooney as that would be a comparison too far 😏

I’d be grateful to the posse gathering if they could share the likely candidates with “experience”, whatever that means, for the position of head coach if it were advertised. I’m guessing someone with Premiership experience, taking teams to cup finals and will happily have just two nights a week to coach and be responsible for recruitment on a budget of zero quids. Must be willing to work long hours.

Should be a long queue.

20 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’d be grateful to the posse gathering if they could share the likely candidates with “experience”, whatever that means, for the position of head coach if it were advertised. I’m guessing someone with Premiership experience, taking teams to cup finals and will happily have just two nights a week to coach and be responsible for recruitment on a budget of zero quids. Must be willing to work long hours.

Should be a long queue.

Depends if we remain amateur or not. We'll struggle to attract anyone with any sort of pedigree if we don't make the change. 

Given that we're Queen's Park, nobody is going to arrive with an unblemished CV but there are guys with track records out there. Stevie Aitken would be one to look at. Did a good job at Stranraer and had Dumbarton punching above their weight in the Championship until they inevitably ran out of steam. 

I hope we win on Saturday, I hope we beat Brechin the following week, I hope we go on a run and don't have to do it, but you really can't get away from the overall body of results. We're currently on course for 32 points, which would put us in serious danger. How long do we give it if things don't go right on Saturday? We're in a situation where every point and every goal could end up being crucial to the shape of the long term future of the club. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Depends if we remain amateur or not. We'll struggle to attract anyone with any sort of pedigree if we don't make the change. 

Given that we're Queen's Park, nobody is going to arrive with an unblemished CV but there are guys with track records out there. Stevie Aitken would be one to look at. Did a good job at Stranraer and had Dumbarton punching above their weight in the Championship until they inevitably ran out of steam. 

I hope we win on Saturday, I hope we beat Brechin the following week, I hope we go on a run and don't have to do it, but you really can't get away from the overall body of results. We're currently on course for 32 points, which would put us in serious danger. How long do we give it if things don't go right on Saturday? We're in a situation where every point and every goal could end up being crucial to the shape of the long term future of the club. 

Has any club in SPFL 2 got a manager with 'pedigree' ? QPFC have had the likes of Billy Stark and Gus McPherson who could be described as having pedigree. There are lots of managers looking for jobs, and so there will never be a shortage. As has been pointed out several times, the Club currently is cash rich and so could afford to bring in a manager with 'pedigree' if required.

6 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

Has any club in SPFL 2 got a manager with 'pedigree' ? QPFC have had the likes of Billy Stark and Gus McPherson who could be described as having pedigree. There are lots of managers looking for jobs, and so there will never be a shortage. As has been pointed out several times, the Club currently is cash rich and so could afford to bring in a manager with 'pedigree' if required.

I'm obviously talking about pedigree at lower league level and not Real Madrid. The guy I named had Stranraer in the League One playoffs twice, kept Dumbarton on the Championship and took them to the Challenge Cup final, albeit in its first year as a joke tournament. 

The club can be as cash rich as it wants, nobody with any sort of record is coming to QP when we're not paying players and have the trapdoor beneath us. The names being linked when MacPherson left, against the names linked when Stark and Speirs left tells its own story. 

16 hours ago, 54yrsafan said:

That's right ha ha Andy Robertson not promising

I have a cousin who is a Dundee Utd man and he tells me that the Arabs have just passed on over £100k to us as further money for Andy. Maybe something to do with Liverpool wining the Champions League??

43 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I have a cousin who is a Dundee Utd man and he tells me that the Arabs have just passed on over £100k to us as further money for Andy. Maybe something to do with Liverpool wining the Champions League??

Well let's use it,members vote pro,get  new coach,players

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Hope that's indeed true...........the stupid lack of judgement that's resulted in the gift that keeps giving.

Certainly won't be anything to do with renowned tightwads United giving us anything we aren't entitled to.

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:
5 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Certainly won't be anything to do with renowned tightwads United giving us anything we aren't entitled to.

If true, they must have written the cheque at gunpoint. No other way they would hand over any dosh.

Get it right up them.

34 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

If only I hadn't lost myself in McEwan's Export, curries, fish suppers and dodgy women.

Always knew those trips to Falkirk & Meadowbank would come back to haunt you :babe2.