Queen's Park 2019/20

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

Anyone else having issues getting on to the clubs website? The last few days both my phone and laptop browsers have blocked it saying the site isn't secure. Never had that problem before.

The HTTPS version has an SSL certificate that isn't valid for that website https://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/

The HTTP site seems missing altogether though http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Yes, my bad. Still Members only though. Looks like a positioning event. Good idea.

Definitely. The ramifications of sticking out fingers in our ears, and pretending change isn't happening around us, cannot be reinforced enough. 

Hopefully those wanting financial assurances will get it at this meeting. 
People will have to accept that any financial projections are not assurances; they can"t be. That's the nature of financial projections when your income, in particular, is uncertain.

I've no doubt that if professionalism wasn't financially viable, we wouldn't even be contemplating it. Obviously I want to be assured that this is the case.

57 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

People will have to accept that any financial projections are not assurances; they can"t be. That's the nature of financial projections when your income, in particular, is uncertain.

I've no doubt that if professionalism wasn't financially viable, we wouldn't even be contemplating it. Obviously I want to be assured that this is the case.

Absolutely but the figures along with the assumptions underlying them would be very useful.

5 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Absolutely but the figures along with the assumptions underlying them would be very useful.

Going professional is a lot like Brexit! What does it mean? Offering best youth players minimum wage contracts to ensure compensation; paying a few players minimum wage; paying all players minimum wage; paying some players competitive salaries; who knows? If the vote has a positive result, the committee can do what they see fit and this pandora's box can never be shut again. One thing is certain, the loss of Hampden rent and paying some sort of wages will be a huge financial drain which may be ok for a few years but could end in a disaster far worse than lowland league. All these risks just to try and stay in SPFL 2 ( which Berwick and East Stirling could not do despite paying wages) is one colossal gamble.

18 minutes ago, Glasgow1999 said:

Going professional is a lot like Brexit! What does it mean? Offering best youth players minimum wage contracts to ensure compensation; paying a few players minimum wage; paying all players minimum wage; paying some players competitive salaries; who knows? If the vote has a positive result, the committee can do what they see fit and this pandora's box can never be shut again. One thing is certain, the loss of Hampden rent and paying some sort of wages will be a huge financial drain which may be ok for a few years but could end in a disaster far worse than lowland league. All these risks just to try and stay in SPFL 2 ( which Berwick and East Stirling could not do despite paying wages) is one colossal gamble.

I hope you're not presenting the plan on the 4th!

1 hour ago, Glasgow1999 said:

What are your ambitions for Queen's Park as an amateur club in senior football and how do you realistically expect to achieve those ambitions?