Queen's Park 2019/20

20 minutes ago, Glasgow1999 said:

The Club need to push the point that it is. Who would suffer if we received compensation?

They really, really shouldn't. We have a rich history, but it's completely irrelevant to the current context of where we find ourselves in 2019. We were a massive deal in Victorian times, but so was scurvy and typhoid. You wouldn't be framing modern health policy on it. 

13 hours ago, an86 said:

I honestly don't think that's the case. You rarely hear a positive review from away supports. Many complain, rightly or wrongly, about the view.

However, they rightly complain about having to take out a crisis loan if they want a pie, as well as the eerie atmosphere.

Nobody is expecting Lesser to be a cauldron, but it should be a better atmosphere.

I think the club being literally on the doorstep is also a huge positive and something we could make more of. 

This!

I live in Glasgow and look to go to games in town when I can't make the Albion game. QP is often a last resort purely because of the points an86 has mentioned. The thought of going to a game at Lesser is much more appealing and it'd be good to see QP try to capitalise on this.

1 hour ago, Glasgow1999 said:

The Club need to push the point that it is. Who would suffer if we received compensation?

Sorry but you have to come in to the real world. Despite our glorious history, the football world saw us as a bunch of freeloaders who got a ground and income for nothing. We are seen as a football irrelevance!

That is an unfortunate fact. It is time to make Queen's Park relevant again!

You always hear about this great potential to increase income by dropping prices - there's a reason clubs don't do that as they tend to have experience in optimising their pricing to derive the best return. Folks love to suggest cutting prices as a panacea but it rarely works - a winning team is the best model for driving income up. There should already be marketing in place surely driving pricing and offers - it's not a new invention
I think that part of our problem is that we're not currently doing enough, or the right type of marketing etc. Which as I said would be crucial if we were to reduce prices with a view to increasing attendance.
I fully admit that Its easy for me to make comments on an internet forum without having any knowledge of all the factors and the figures that need to be considered, and I'm sure there are those at the club who have looked at ticket prices and decided on the current costs as they felt it optimised the return.
While like most thing, money is a driving factor, clubs could perhaps look at ticket pricing as part of a bigger picture over a longer term. For example, rather than lowering prices and then giving up on it after one season if there is no increase in revenue, the argument could be made that if it increases attendance while not increasing revenue in the short term that is still worthwhile if you can engage and retain those new supporters and continue to grow the numbers in the stands.
If you get 100 more people through the turnstiles by reducing ticket prices, and over the season many of them buy (reasonably priced, but profitable) pies, drinks, scarfs, 50/50 tickets etc then that could in time lead to an increase in revenue. Then if some of them bring a friend next season it goes up again. As you say, it's nothing new, and again it's far easier for me to post on a forum than it is to put in practice, but these are just some of the great many things we as a club should be considering as we face the upcoming changes.
I do of course agree with you, as I said in a previous post, that success on the pitch is the best way to increase attendance and income, and I believe we need to go pro to give our selves the best chance to do that.

10 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

If you dont think QPFC is a special Club which is different to all the rest I really worry!

The SFA have made it very clear over the last 2 years about just how "special" they think we are.

The jewel in our crown, by any measure, is the youth and community structure. After the ridculous excesses of the nineties when foreign players were signed on the basis of a demo video tape for £10k a week at the likes of Livi and Dundee, it became trendy 15 years ago for provincial clubs all over the country saying that the ladder sytem was their route to survival. Some (Falkirk, Hamilton & Ross County better examples) actually got it going and had players come through the Academy to first team. But the pressures of winning for a share of the growingly distorted prize money meant inevitably that clubs had to buy in experience, with debatable talent. Queen's Park have done exceptionally well making a silk purse out of a pig's ear for as long as we can remember. That resilience shouldn't be underestimated. 

The core of the business plan should be built around that with expenditure seen as investment rather than an operating cost. I think the biggest hurdle the committee will have is not a business plan per se, if it's just based on financial management and devlopment of the club, but more about the constitution and current Committee/Member structure.  There are endless books on airport shelves along the lines of "Is a CEO of a £10 million business what is needed for a £100 million business." After 350 pages, the answer is always no. There must of course be a transition period but QPFC will have to evolve, especially if the ambition is for growth rather than just survival.

17 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
18 hours ago, an86 said:
Another attraction about going pro. Imagine being able to compete to sign someone you know can actually score goals at this level.

Will we ever have enough cash to sign the likes of Austin? He's supposedly on £300 a week basic. That's a big chunk out of (say) a kitty of £100k a year for wages.

20 goals a season is a big chunk of our Goals For stats.

I'm struggling to find an unequivocal definition of the 75% requirement. Changes to Articles of Association can be notified in two way. A Written Resolution whereby all members would sign a letter; clearly that's not the option here. the second is a Special Resolution as descrbed below. Stage one has been completed.

The second paaragraph is troubling me. Taken ad literatum, that suggests it would be 75% of the members which means anyone not turning up is thereby in the 25% by default. So on the night it might need 80-90% of attendees to get the proposal passed. Anyone from the club able to firm up these numbers, ratios? There must be  a record of how many members we have and what the attendee count is for AGMs. Clearly important as many as possible attend to vote. 

To change articles by special resolution at a meeting of the shareholders requires:

• holding a meeting of the board of directors to arrange calling of a ‘general meeting’ of the shareholders to circulate the proposal to change the articles;
  • hold the general meeting at which the resolution to change the articles will be passed by a voting majority of at least 75% of shareholders;
  • the directors then note that a special resolution has been passed and that they have decided to send it with the new articles to Companies House;
  • a certified copy of the special resolution, along with a copy of the new articles is to be sent to Companies House within 15 days of the general meeting at which it is passed.

On 16/10/2019 at 11:09, an86 said:

It's quite clear why they'd object. We're an amateur side and are being treated as such. No reason why we should be treated differently to a St Pats or Colville Park. 

Nonsense. We are a SENIOR club and the SFA are the only association in the world that have the view that the have. I overheard some committee guys talking in the social club at the start of the season and the were saying the if Shankland had gone south to an English club that, because of his age, we would have received about £30,000 in compensation under their rules.

34 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Nonsense. We are a SENIOR club and the SFA are the only association in the world that have the view that the have. I overheard some committee guys talking in the social club at the start of the season and the were saying the if Shankland had gone south to an English club that, because of his age, we would have received about £30,000 in compensation under their rules.

We're an amateur club in the senior leagues. We choose to be an amateur club and will, quite rightly, be treated as such until we choose to change that. Not sure why people think we can have our cake and eat it. No club is a special case. 

28 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

He never kicked a ball in the Scottish Cup against a Junior team

If you'd read on, you'll see that my point was not specifically about Austin. We couldn't afford him. Even if we could, he'd stroll directly into our team, whether or not he had a quiet game against a good Auchinleck side. 

Not Austin, specifically. He's come from a right decent level. I'm sure we could all rhyme off a list of suspects over the years who've done a number on us and generally known where the goal is on a regular basis. The sort of Craig Malcolm figures of this world. It'd be good to be in the market for that type of goalscorer. 
These are the sort of guys who's goals get you promoted or if things are not going so well, can help you avoid relegation. Finding that sort of guy who's willing to play for free has been an issue for us for years. Being able to compete for Glasgow area based proven hit men in future could be the difference.

2 hours ago, houstonspider said:

Being able to compete for Glasgow area based proven hit men in future could be the difference.

I'm not sure I like the direction this conversation's taken! Is this how you you plan to sway those in the undecided camp?😏

3 minutes ago, houstonspider said:

Planning to stand outside the EGM dressed as the grim reaper.

I must have missed the invite...............so it's definitely being held on the 31st of October then?

22 hours ago, an86 said:

We're an amateur club in the senior leagues. We choose to be an amateur club and will, quite rightly, be treated as such until we choose to change that. Not sure why people think we can have our cake and eat it. No club is a special case. 

If you'd read on, you'll see that my point was not specifically about Austin. We couldn't afford him. Even if we could, he'd stroll directly into our team, whether or not he had a quiet game against a good Auchinleck side. 

Being an amateur club is only relevant here in Scotland and I will repeat, only the SFA have interpreted compensation for youth players in this manner. What do you not understand about Shankland netting us £30,000 if he had signed for an English club. Also a couple of seasons ago a young player of ours called Lee Connolly went to Sunderland and I understand that we got £10,000  for him but if he had gone to a Scottish club we would have got nothing.