Queen's Park 2019/20

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Suprised TMWNN has not told us that it will have to be November, as if we want to offer Reagan a Pro contract it must be before 31st December, when I understand his contract with us is due to end. After all he,TMWNN, has just come from a meeting on Monday night when it was discussed regarding the EGM.

It never ceases to amaze me how much guff you spout! One of these days you'll get something right but I'll not hold my breath!

I can honestly say I was in the house all Monday night!!!!

11 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Not good news from Wattenscheid; perhaps two games from going under. Cash problems again.

Horrible. We weren't close to the brink, but even a brush with the idea that there was a possibility that we could be in trouble with the Hampden situation was gut wrenching enough. Hope they find a way through. 

On 11/10/2019 at 13:47, Dooflick said:

Suprised TMWNN has not told us that it will have to be November, as if we want to offer Reagan a Pro contract it must be before 31st December, when I understand his contract with us is due to end. After all he,TMWNN, has just come from a meeting on Monday night when it was discussed regarding the EGM.

Amateur and youth registrations are for the duration of a full season. So you understand something incorrectly.

I take the above back as I am out of date with the changes to youth regulations! 🤡

Edited by cmontheloknow
being an idiot

22 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Amateur and youth registrations are for the duration of a full season. So you understand something incorrectly.

I though amateur contracts had a 28 day get-out clause now?

3 hours ago, The Spider said:

I though amateur contracts had a 28 day get-out clause now?

Yes, but as I think it was TMWNN who told us several posts ago, if the club agree to release you, you can only go to another amateur team. If I am wrong TMWNN will soon be happy to tell me so.

Congratulations to the 2 exQP players who played so well last night. Is there any guarantee at all that if we go professional we will continue to have youth teams?

Is there any guarantee at all that if we stay amateur we will continue to have youth teams?

3 hours ago, NathanQP said:

Is there any guarantee at all that if we stay amateur we will continue to have youth teams?

We are being told that we must go professional to make money out of selling our youth players. I have yet to see a balanced budget showing how we can pay for a professional first team squad and youth players. What about all the coaches who provide their services for free? Wil they now expect to be paid? 

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

What about all the coaches who provide their services for free? Wil they now expect to be paid? 

Amidst all the previous discussion I can't recall that particular point being made, and it's a valid observation for when the business models get made public. I know there was a previous indication that we should be rushing to judgement in October, but I'm glad that the President has stepped back from that. Assuming that it will now be November, or even early December, then it's good that they are taking their time to prepare their prospectus as we should only be having one go at this, so it's essential that the communication is spot on to ensure we get the right outcome.

17 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

We are being told that we must go professional to make money out of selling our youth players. I have yet to see a balanced budget showing how we can pay for a professional first team squad and youth players. What about all the coaches who provide their services for free? Wil they now expect to be paid? 

Have you seen one for remaining amateur?

We are currently a cash rich Club and have sufficient resources to see us through any switch to professionalism. This will position the Club in the best position to address the biggest threat to the Club, the loss of 330k annual income. No matter if we are amateur or professional, if we do not address this in the long run, we will have no Club.

I would expect any proposal that is put to the Membership will address this and a plan in place. 

It would be helpful if those advocating remaining amateur can put a counter proposal for comparison.