Queen's Park 2019/20

1 hour ago, Armand 2 said:

He's going to have to step up the ladder before getting to the top - a move to Thistle or similar would make sense. If he's as talented as you say, he'll play games for us whereas he might not a bit further up the chain.

I remember watching Liam Brown a few years back and thinking he had a very good chance. You guys will know better than me whether he should have moved when he did but he went to Motherwell, languished in Unders purgatory and is now back in League 2.

There is a big difference between Liam Brown and Reagan Thomson. Liam Brown was a good young player who went to Motherwell to be part of a good youth system and have a chance of a full time career. Reagan is one of the best players in Scotland for his age. He's just back from Spain with the Scotland under 17 squad where he more than held his own. He can virtually pick his Club if and when he leaves. If he chooses well and applies himself he can have a wonderful career.

Was impressed with young Reagan last night. Ifeelhe has to have a free role to flourish in our first team. We have been playing him too deep in my opinion. Last night he played that way with Calvin and Luke behind him. Good to see Calvin get a full game under his belt. Reagan is a far better player than brown and brown had a terrible attitude even at Motherwell that's why he is back in league 2. Hearing Sunderland and Newcastle interested in Reagan as well. Its all about making the right choice. 

2 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

I remember watching Liam Brown a few years back and thinking he had a very good chance. You guys will know better than me whether he should have moved when he did but he went to Motherwell, languished in Unders purgatory and is now back in League 2.

Another season probably wouldn't have done him any harm, getting first team experience under his belt, a bit like Michael Ruth this summer. Time will tell if Michael's move is a better choice than Liam's.

3 hours ago, The man with no name said:

No disrespect to Thistle but Reagan is destined for the top if he applies himself and works hard at his game. 

Your first post  for a while. You were strangely quite after the Cowden game. Any comment on teamlinesgate.

Your are of course right about young Reagon.

3 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Your first post  for a while. You were strangely quite after the Cowden game. Any comment on teamlinesgate.

Your are of course right about young Reagon.

I was away for a few days. 

Not interested in dealing with half truths and speculation. Those concerned know what happened and that is good enough for me!

6 hours ago, an86 said:

Where he goes is important. I'd like to see him go to a Premier League club who have a history of giving youngsters a shot. I'm no fan of Levein, but he does this. Somewhere like Hearts would be a great move. Bigger clubs than them want him, though. The signing on fee might sway him elsewhere, but not help his career. He's not short of options anyway. 

6 hours ago, The man with no name said:

There is a big difference between Liam Brown and Reagan Thomson. Liam Brown was a good young player who went to Motherwell to be part of a good youth system and have a chance of a full time career. Reagan is one of the best players in Scotland for his age. He's just back from Spain with the Scotland under 17 squad where he more than held his own. He can virtually pick his Club if and when he leaves. If he chooses well and applies himself he can have a wonderful career.

5 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Was impressed with young Reagan last night. Ifeelhe has to have a free role to flourish in our first team. We have been playing him too deep in my opinion. Last night he played that way with Calvin and Luke behind him. Good to see Calvin get a full game under his belt. Reagan is a far better player than brown and brown had a terrible attitude even at Motherwell that's why he is back in league 2. Hearing Sunderland and Newcastle interested in Reagan as well. Its all about making the right choice. 

Certainly sounds promising, look forward to seeing how he progresses. Perhaps @The man with no name is right and he'll bypass the Thistles and even Hearts of this world, and head down south. As it's been said, it's all about making the right move. Aidan Fitzpatrick left us for Norwich's second string and seems to be doing fairly well from what I hear; on the flip side, we have Ben Hall, who made a similar kind of move from Motherwell to Brighton, and is now back up the road having played little competitive football. There's certainly something to be said for going down the route of the Robertsons and Shanklands, and testing yourself every week against guys scrapping for a win bonus.

5 hours ago, The man with no name said:

I was away for a few days. 

Not interested in dealing with half truths and speculation. Those concerned know what happened and that is good enough for me!

Off course you were, it was somebody trying to be too clever by half.

Reagan Thomson in the Scotland 17s squad. Representation from all of Scotland's big clubs, Bayern Munich, English Premiership/Championship clubs, and us. Exceptional achievement from the young lad and for the club for continuing to produce such quality young players. 

Again, it must be noted that we'll get nothing for him at the end of December if we don't change the constitution. Failure to change would inevitably bring forward a debate about the sustainability and purpose of our outstanding youth setup. It's not something I would like to see us lose because we weren't willing to move with the times. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Again, it must be noted that we'll get nothing for him at the end of December

I don't think we will get anything for him even if we go professional. He signed his contract prior to this. Plus will the change to professional kick in immediately or is the plan for the start of next season. 

Fantastic achievement for him and our club. 

24 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

I don't think we will get anything for him even if we go professional. He signed his contract prior to this. Plus will the change to professional kick in immediately or is the plan for the start of next season. 

Fantastic achievement for him and our club. 

The change would follow quickly after the vote, as I understand it. If we offer him professional terms, we get a development fee even if he knocks them back. 

5 hours ago, an86 said:

The change would follow quickly after the vote, as I understand it. If we offer him professional terms, we get a development fee even if he knocks them back. 

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

This is my understanding.

And mine.  in fact, in a conversation with a fellow member on Saturday we discussed the completely hypothetical scenario where we could turn professional, only offer youth graduates professional contracts, but they all turn them down and we thereby qualify to collect all the compensation. That particular scenario is unlikely to ever happen in practice as if we do decide to cross the Rubicon there's no point in just dipping our toes in the water. But amusing nonetheless that we could theoretically go through all this turmoil and end up being professional whilst never having any players on pro. contracts. A bit like now the cynics amongst us might suggest😏.

6 minutes ago, The Spider said:

And mine.  in fact, in a conversation with a fellow member on Saturday we discussed the completely hypothetical scenario where we could turn professional, only offer youth graduates professional contracts, but they all turn them down and we thereby qualify to collect all the compensation. That particular scenario is unlikely to ever happen in practice as if we do decide to cross the Rubicon there's no point in just dipping our toes in the water. But amusing nonetheless that we could theoretically go through all this turmoil and end up being professional whilst never having any players on pro. contracts. A bit like now the cynics amongst us might suggest😏.

That is the start of the process and the way we should go. The offering of the contracts generates the money to continue funding the youth system. Unfortunately we won't survive on playing good kids. We need the goalscorer that makes the difference between staying in the league and not. I would love the pyramid system and relegation to go away. Playing kids and staying amateur in the SPFL would be my choice, even if we finished bottom every single year! Unfortunately that isn't possible anymore. 

Retaining a meaningful Youth System is what I want now. The only way to do that is retaining our SPFL status and the only way to do that is turning professional. 

Queen's Park should remain unique and a Club to be proud of. Look at the Club's listed in the Under 17 squad Reagan's in. Let's continue that heritage and expand on it!

Anyone know when the EGM is taking place ? There previously was talk of sometime in October to potentially get everything in place by December, if the vote goes through.
I was told today that the correspondence should be going out in the next week or so, but no date was mentioned.

20 hours ago, houstonspider said:

Anyone know when the EGM is taking place ? There previously was talk of sometime in October to potentially get everything in place by December, if the vote goes through.

Suprised TMWNN has not told us that it will have to be November, as if we want to offer Reagan a Pro contract it must be before 31st December, when I understand his contract with us is due to end. After all he,TMWNN, has just come from a meeting on Monday night when it was discussed regarding the EGM.

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Suprised TMWNN has not told us that it will have to be November, as if we want to offer Reagan a Pro contract it must be before 31st December, when I understand his contract with us is due to end. After all he,TMWNN, has just come from a meeting on Monday night when it was discussed regarding the EGM.

"I know who you are" pish. Nae need.