Queen's Park 2019/20

On 23/09/2019 at 14:55, 54yrsafan said:

As well as going pro,though it pains me to say this,I think we should go for a more experienced coach,not one of the assistants,someone like Billy Stark,who has been there etc,or we could very soon end up in the dreaded relegation dog fight. Yet it started well,however we can do better than our present head coach.

I agree, at the moment the head coach does not seem to know what his best team is. He has, in my opinion, made some strange team selections and the team that he fielded against the Celtic U/21 team was a disgrace and an insult to the sponsors.  How could he have dropped the wee French guy last Saturday who has never let us down in any game, is a complete mystery.

37 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I agree, at the moment the head coach does not seem to know what his best team is. He has, in my opinion, made some strange team selections and the team that he fielded against the Celtic U/21 team was a disgrace and an insult to the sponsors.  How could he have dropped the wee French guy last Saturday who has never let us down in any game, is a complete mystery.

Agree he is one of our good players,may have been carrying a knock

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I agree, at the moment the head coach does not seem to know what his best team is. He has, in my opinion, made some strange team selections and the team that he fielded against the Celtic U/21 team was a disgrace and an insult to the sponsors. 

Yeah, he should have risked injury to our best players against a youth team. It's an insult to have senior football clubs belittled and patronised into a situation where they have to play the weans teams of "big" clubs. He treated the competition with the utter contempt that it deserves.

Would genuinely get more out of playing a full XI for the Strollers. At least you get a few first team players playing in those games. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Jambo left Stenny due to the travel. We're going to lose a midfielder in December and we're lacking a wee bit in league experience. Would be disappointed if we didn't ask the question. 

Are you serious? His legs had gone last year. Plus we can't sign anyone till Jan u less a dev loan. 

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

Regan Thomson. Youth contracts expire at the end of December and a pretty big number of clubs want him. He'll be gone. 

Youth contracts run for the whole season do they not. He will have signed the same forms as all our players that's why we could not play him till he turned 16

Edited by spider1867

20 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Are you serious? His legs had gone last year. Plus we can't sign anyone till Jan u less a dev loan. 

He was playing centre half for a good portion of the time, which simply wasn't his position. We're crying out for experience. Is it not the case that we can sign free agents? 

In terms of Thomson, it was explained at the past couple of meetings that he's free to go at the end of December. The only way we get a fee is if we offer him pro terms, even if he declines. If not, he's off. And he is off. 

Edited by an86

1 hour ago, an86 said:

He was playing centre half for a good portion of the time, which simply wasn't his position. We're crying out for experience. Is it not the case that we can sign free agents? 

In terms of Thomson, it was explained at the past couple of meetings that he's free to go at the end of December. The only way we get a fee is if we offer him pro terms, even if he declines. If not, he's off. And he is off. 

We can only sign free agents if they were released before the transfer deadline day. Jambo was not. He will go back to the juniors. 

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Please no. Let's go forward.

Baffled as to what calibre of player people think we can get. McKernon is not only a promotion winner, but was outstanding the season after were promoted. I think everyone would agree that he didn't hit the heights last season, but he was playing out of position for a lot of the time and had the small matter of becoming a father completely changing his life. These guys aren't robots, they're human beings. 

Was saying it pre-season and nothing has changed my mind, the squad is crying out for a couple of more guys who've been over the course to help the more inexperienced lads out. McKernon is still only 27/28 as well. If we think we can turn up our noses at a player like him, we're in cuckoo land. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Baffled as to what calibre of player people think we can get. McKernon is not only a promotion winner, but was outstanding the season after were promoted. I think everyone would agree that he didn't hit the heights last season, but he was playing out of position for a lot of the time and had the small matter of becoming a father completely changing his life. These guys aren't robots, they're human beings. 

Was saying it pre-season and nothing has changed my mind, the squad is crying out for a couple of more guys who've been over the course to help the more inexperienced lads out. McKernon is still only 27/28 as well. If we think we can turn up our noses at a player like him, we're in cuckoo land. 

Agree,would take back mckernon squad lacks quality  as well     slog on