Queen's Park 2019/20

On 25/08/2019 at 09:53, williebraveheart said:

I spoke with three members of the then committee 30 years ago on that subject ( and moving to Lesser ) and the patronising way they spoke to me is the reason why I did not become a member and have no desire to do so. 

So you're not a member because three decades ago a few committee members spoke to you in a fashion that you didn't like? I think we've all been there over the years but probably best to get over it. Any negative experiences I've had with committee members (or disagreement with club policy) only made me more determined to become a member and have an influence ( like electing others who might do a better job).....I always thought "don't let the b*****ds grind you down" - so to speak -  because that's what they want. 

Edited by Mick1867

On 23/08/2019 at 21:02, Francesc Fabregas said:

If you want to read the definitive account of the 2006/07 season, I've got just the thing for you!

CLICK

You might want to check out older episodes of the Pelé Podcasts too - interviews with superstars like Stevie Canning, Mick Dunlop, Alan Trouten and David Weatherston all speak very highly of the promotion-winning season and their time at the club.

Cheers, read it and listened to the podcast a while back. Great stuff

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

So you're not a member because three decades ago a few committee members spoke to you in a fashion that you didn't like? I think we've all been there over the years but probably best to get over it. Any negative experiences I've had with committee members (or disagreement with club policy) only made me more determined to become a member and have an influence ( like electing others who might do a better job).....I always thought "don't let the b*****ds grind you down" - so to speak -  because that's what they want. 

Fair comment. However my policy when folk want my money is that you only get one chance. I have missed out on nothing. I get to see my team most weeks and have saved a lot of money in the interim. I respect what you say about having an influence but in reality have you? What have you changed? Over that thirty years faces have changed on the committee some for the better, others the worse, but here we are still having the same discussion. My general feeling on this one subject is that they need me more than I need them.

How many of the current committee are past presidents ?

24 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:
How many of the current committee are past presidents ?

Other than the two recent appointees, all of them. The current voting system was introduced to ensure that the committee members have to stand for election every two years.

By my reckoning, 5 of them haven't been past Presidents. The current President and 4 who haven't been president ( the last 4 appointees)

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thanks HD. Experience is key in any business model but where's the fresh thinking coming from?

Two of the current committee were recently elected (one last year and another this year) I'm hoping they will bring some new ideas/ fresh thinking or what's the point?  

20 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

What have you changed? Over that thirty years faces have changed on the committee some for the better, others the worse, but here we are still having the same discussion.

Well there are far more "supporters" on the committee now - 30 years ago the positions would been taken up almost exclusively by ex-players.

The guy that was running our supporters' bus a couple of years ago is now on the committee. That can only be a good thing for supporters imo

Wonder if anyone who has access to old photos could help out by posting some clear pictures of old pre-Irn Bru away tops? Particularly the white away one from the mid 1980s, if possible? Historical kits site only seems to do he homes. 

46 minutes ago, an86 said:

Wonder if anyone who has access to old photos could help out by posting some clear pictures of old pre-Irn Bru away tops? Particularly the white away one from the mid 1980s, if possible? Historical kits site only seems to do he homes. 

Here it is worn at Parkhead in 1986 Scottish Cup when were dreadfully unlucky to lose 1-2. The clearest I could find

Image result for celtic v queen's park 1986

Edited by Mick1867

I’m not a member I’m not a season tiicket holder for a long time . I go every week both my boys have been mascots at games . My first game was when I was brought by a friend when I was 17 I am 57 and I still go with the same friend now . We sit in the same place every week we acknowledge the other supporters around us and we wait anxiously on pie and Bovril or the official site for news about anything queens related.
Do I want to watch queens in the lowland league.. no . Do I want to go professional.. yes . I want to get up and be excited about going to see queens and if being professional and being competitive in league football then it’s a yes from me .

I’m not a member I’m not a season tiicket holder for a long time . I go every week both my boys have been mascots at games . My first game was when I was brought by a friend when I was 17 I am 57 and I still go with the same friend now . We sit in the same place every week we acknowledge the other supporters around us and we wait anxiously on pie and Bovril or the official site for news about anything queens related.
Do I want to watch queens in the lowland league.. no . Do I want to go professional.. yes . I want to get up and be excited about going to see queens and if being professional and being competitive in league football then it’s a yes from me .

Great post bobthespider. Good to see someone nailing his colours.[emoji1303]

17 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

What I love about this one is the hands. Some very tense, some very relaxed...

queenspark-shoot-1989-04-08.thumb.jpg.d9c9bcee1166bb27d7203ed52db7f364.jpg

Granite Paints eh, our first ever short sponsors. I  remember the protest against this. The banner on the North Enclosure  "LUD£R£ CAU$A LUD£NDI?"

10 years later we had an away top in our sponsor's colours  😂 

Granite Paints eh, our first ever short sponsors. I  remember the protest against this. The banner on the North Enclosure  "LUD£R£ CAU$A LUD£NDI?"
10 years later we had an away top in our sponsor's colours  [emoji23] 

I hope the new ground is wall to wall advertising.