Queen's Park 2019/20

That's probably what I'd go for; round collar and good old cotton.  Cheers.  I don't remember any gold braid; I know that Toffs used to do a top with a colourful badge, but I'm not sure that we ever used on like that.  Happy to be corrected.

The gold or yellow braid was around the shield, see link below. Since 1948 and it was dropped from 81-82 season. I remember getting my first QP strip as per earlier from Greaves but you couldn't get the badges, the club only had enough made for the players.
Before the round neck in the sixties was a V neck. The Toffs one you mention I think is the one I have but they had the yellow more like orange. Definitely yellow though in the original. The guy who ran the bus when you were just a laddie had a QP scarf in the style of an old university scarf and it black with white, red and yellow trims.

I'll send you an image of that too.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Queens_Park/images/queens_park-1965-1972-a.gif

14 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I know that Toffs used to do a top with a colourful badge, but I'm not sure that we ever used on like that.  Happy to be corrected.

10 years ago I got the red/black away top from TOFFS and they used that badge.

A couple of years ago I got this hoops top from them and they had the proper badge. Somebody must have corrected them. Quality cotton top as well

64360154_360843401277884_4817068940750487552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkmNFImzNkpv54Mg4K3L_16NUGCk-INY5fNJzOfKOhJ_85haURvO0sOzTQifKKVEio&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=02c5e6aafd89df829450874d093ecf43&oe=5DC1322E

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

10 years ago I got the red/black away top from TOFFS and they used that badge.

A couple of years ago I got this hoops top from them and they had the proper badge. Somebody must have corrected them. Quality cotton top as well

64360154_360843401277884_4817068940750487552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkmNFImzNkpv54Mg4K3L_16NUGCk-INY5fNJzOfKOhJ_85haURvO0sOzTQifKKVEio&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=02c5e6aafd89df829450874d093ecf43&oe=5DC1322E

That was me that mentioned to them the badge they used to put on the shirts didnt have the bright colours and sent them the badge above, when they were making my custom shirts.

2 hours ago, hampdenspider said:

That was me that mentioned to them the badge they used to put on the shirts didnt have the bright colours and sent them the badge above, when they were making my custom shirts.

Nice work

Take note HD! 

Fantastic performance both defensively and offensively. For the amount of debutants we had, everyone seemed to know each other’s game and played some cracking stuff at times. Man of the match for me was Nicky Jamieson, was an absolute rock and was brilliant on the ball. Willie Muir was outstanding aswell, delighted he’s returned 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, bobthespider said:

Queens have put a tweet out about a £2 charge for car parking tomorrow night . Still to hear about increase in gate price for season ahead or the fact we were not told about them getting their advertising wrong about prices re students at the Hamilton game .

For ticket prices look under Tickets on the club website.

Enjoyed reading this thread and have always taken an interest in Queens Park due to the history and status of your club.

Forgetting our abject display on Saturday,I was impressed by QP on Saturday:some nice wee passing moves and players busting a gut  against some in our team resting on their laurels allied with a good shape and you deserved the extra point.

My brother moved to the South side and has been at more Queens games(the Martin Canning effect)than Accies and enjoys his trips to Hampden but like myself feels you guys are missing out as there are plenty of people in The South Side who want nothing to do with the gruesome twosome but want a side to support who will strive to go places instead of treading sand every year.

Fwiw,my Mrs' old man was a Thirds supporter from Cathkin and there is no reason a semi-pro Queens Park with their great youth policy could not move up the Leagues in the fullness of time especially if you tap into the South Side community.

All the best for the rest of the season but speaking as an outsider,sometimes you have to change to avoid being left behind in modern football.A refurbished and renamed Lesser Hampden bringing in revenue allied to turning professional will help in retaining and recruitment in respect of retaining the best of your youth and senior players.

Enjoyed reading this thread and have always taken an interest in Queens Park due to the history and status of your club.
 Forgetting our abject display on Saturday,I was impressed by QP on Saturday:some nice wee passing moves and players busting a gut  against some in our team resting on their laurels allied with a good shape and you deserved the extra point.
My brother moved to the South side and has been at more Queens games(the Martin Canning effect)than Accies and enjoys his trips to Hampden but like myself feels you guys are missing out as there are plenty of people in The South Side who want nothing to do with the gruesome twosome but want a side to support who will strive to go places instead of treading sand every year.
Fwiw,my Mrs' old man was a Thirds supporter from Cathkin and there is no reason a semi-pro Queens Park with their great youth policy could not move up the Leagues in the fullness of time especially if you tap into the South Side community.
All the best for the rest of the season but speaking as an outsider,sometimes you have to change to avoid being left behind in modern football.A refurbished and renamed Lesser Hampden bringing in revenue allied to turning professional will help in retaining and recruitment in respect of retaining the best of your youth and senior players.

Thank you. Your middle paragraph is particularly encouraging. We've a welcoming clubhouse if you ever have a spare Saturday.

Queens have put a tweet out about a £2 charge for car parking tomorrow night . Still to hear about increase in gate price for season ahead or the fact we were not told about them getting their advertising wrong about prices re students at the Hamilton game .

Why not invest in a season ticket and save a bit of money in the long run

Couldn't agree more with these comments about tapping in to the South Side community as an alternative to the Old Firm. I actually think there will be some with allegiances to one side or the other of the OF who may be interested in the alternative of coming along to see a local team whether that's due to cost, travel, convenience or a more family friendly atmosphere. Or there may be some local fans of the OF who would come see us play when their 1st team are playing away. We're in a residential area of the biggest city in the country, with good transport links (ignore that lie spread by Hampdens detractors), whether we're amateur or professional, and even if were just some folks 2nd team, surely we can find ways to attract more people through the gates. We may have to have a think about ticket pricing if course.

I was reading my paper on Sunday when I came across a small article about the new rule regarding Subs. It appears that now the player coming  off can now leave the pitch at any point on the park and does  not have to come off at the halfway line at the tunnel. The article went on to say that the writer could see problems with this in certain games in Scotland, particularly with an old firm game, if a player had to walk all the way round the pitch but thankfully he said, the ref is allowed to use his discretion with this and can allow players to leave as before at the Halfway line.  I am merely bringing this to every ones attention in the hope, that the young QP Committee men who was at the Partick game does not embarrass the club or indeed himself again with his screaming, I repeat screaming, at the ref that he should know the new rule and that Partick were wasting time by their player coming off at the tunnel. His behaviour was not the way a QP Committee man should, in my opinion behave, when on official duty with the Club and indeed the ref was merely using, rightly or wrongly, his discretion on this occasion.