Queen's Park 2019/20

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

Definitely not Foy

Yeah I'm sure I saw him, but don't think he played. Team is shaping up well and still a few faces I can't put a name to, but would be good to get an experienced head in there to calm things down a bit. However I thought Lewis Magee looked very composed today.

1 minute ago, FairyBaws said:

What sort of redevelopment at QP going to do at lesser. I know for starters they will need covered seating but that aside what all is in the pipe works for that it would look like?

Talk of two 900 seater stands at either side with both having a standing section. Scope for a temporary stand behind the goals for cup ties that would require larger capacity. 

We'd probably only need to open one of the stands for most games and I'd imagine it'd feel relatively busy. 

14 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Closed door against Cumbernauld Colts on Tuesday and away to Cumnock on Thursday (although this will be a reserve team).

14 hours ago, an86 said:

Cumbernauld Colts at Lesser on Tuesday. 

Thanks for the heads up .....

On 05/07/2019 at 18:57, virginton said:

Give your players contracts and you’ll have a level playing field and the same rights to compensation; if you don’t want to then you aren’t entitled to compensation when they leave. It’s that straightforward and entirely your club’s choice.

What you really want here is not ‘fairness’ but rather to have your cake and eat it because you’re so special; the SFA have, rightly, dismissed this for the nonsense that it is.

Dear vikinTon, the point that we are making is that the SFA are the only Football Association in Europe that have put this rule, in place, in this manner. If any of these players had gone south we would we would have received money for them, as indeed Sunderland did a couple of years ago giving us money for a young player. If every other country in Europe can do this why not Scotland?

Oh and by the way, please don't think that your club have survived on the gate money plus the money that they get from the SFA and the League, as I am sure that you know that the sweety people were putting money into your club until the father died. That has now stopped, as it has stopped at Dundee United with the death of Eddie Thompson and is why both United and Morton now have new owners. There are a large number of clubs, in  Scotland, who rely on interest free loans from wealthy supporters to keep their club going and indeed  Glasgow Rangers are one and with the Hibs buy out they no longer owe any money to Sir Tom Farmer who now has his money back.

WE are not looking for charity merely a level playing field with the rest of Europe.

Edited by Dooflick
wrong spelling

15 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

WE are not looking for charity merely a level playing field with the rest of Europe.

Unfortunately this will never happen. The SFA are never going to change the rule. Premier League clubs are raiding our youth system and openly walking away with our crown jewels and we can't stop them at the moment. These clubs will never change a rule to eradicate this and make themselves pay tens of thousands of pounds in compensation. 

The wording in the Hibs statement on the signing of Steven Bradley says it all. He was signed after "the expiry of his youth registration with Queen's Park". The fact that he was our player and we offered him an amateur deal before his registration ended meant nothing. He left and we were due absolutely zilch! 3 others did the same to different Premier League Clubs.

These Premier League Clubs or the SFA won't change the rule. We, however, can protect our investment. We have it in our own hands to stop this injustice and make these clubs pay proper compensation. If they don't we have the joy of seeing these players develop further and play longer for our first team.

For me the choice is professionalism and a great youth system we can be rightly proud of. If we stay amateur, we will cease to have this as we can't afford to develop young players for others benefit!

This is the problem. If we want to retain amateur purity, which I would argue probably died some time ago, it means not paying players. It also means no buying and selling players. As soon as money starts changing hands, is it true amateurism? We can't just pick and choose the bits of it that we like and cry foul when it works to our disadvantage. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

This is the problem. If we want to retain amateur purity, which I would argue probably died some time ago, 

Agreed, I think amateur purity disappeared when we started playing loan players. We may not have been paying them, but they were professional.

52 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Agreed, I think amateur purity disappeared when we started playing loan players. We may not have been paying them, but they were professional.

Agreed. The object of the Club that the purists are trying to defend is that we maintain an amateur football club. That died when we played our first loan player. I suggest a further stake went through the heart when the Club signed players on professional contracts and played them. The link to true amateur team went years ago. The Club has adapted and changed throughout its history to survive. This is just another example of this.

12 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Agreed. The object of the Club that the purists are trying to defend is that we maintain an amateur football club. That died when we played our first loan player. I suggest a further stake went through the heart when the Club signed players on professional contracts and played them. The link to true amateur team went years ago. The Club has adapted and changed throughout its history to survive. This is just another example of this.

I always thought once you took players on loan from pro clubs your amateur status was compromised wasn't it back in the 90s you went down this route?

Comfortable performance; liked the centre backs and the lad from Hibs definitely looks the part. Clark was good and, although he was a bit quieter than usual, Galt scored. I'll settle for that.

Big Alfie did well to dispossess a Hurlford defender to run in on goal but the keeper turned the ball onto the post. Should have scored. Two penalties missed; scoring could be a problem. No change there! Perhaps best to get the misses out of the way before the season starts.

Certainly more optimistic about the season that I was a week ago.

1 hour ago, The man with no name said:

It's a shame, because being amateur is one of the things that makes us unique, but it looks as though we don't really have a choice. Without being able to cash in on players we have developed, it's hard to see how we can survive in  anything like our current form.

I do worry that we may not be able to  generate enough new  income to cover the cost of player wages & the loss of rental income on Hampden, but I don't think we have any choice.

If we do decide to go pro, presumably at the end of this season, it will make the final match at Hampden doubly poignant.