Queen's Park 2019/20

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I had my tongue firmly in the cheek with this one but according to the OS fixtures we're Home at Airdrie for this one too. Sooner we're out of Hampden and in charge of our destiny the better for me.

Couldn't agree more. Some fans are still weeping about us leaving Hampden, can't come soon enough for me now

Edited by Mick1867
I see it's now been announced on the club website. They're getting there

7 hours ago, Hectorhero said:

Is the bounce game v Ayr next week open to the public?

Yes it's at lesser open to anyone.

I think we will be back at Hampden for Celtic colts game. 

Good work getting Calvin to stay for another year. Thought he would be off. 

Hearing Summers could possibly be away.

Edited by spider1867
Update

6 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Yes it's at lesser open to anyone.

I think we will be back at Hampden for Celtic colts game. 

Good work getting Calvin to stay for another year. Thought he would be off. 

Hearing Summers could possibly be away.

Summers is training with Dumbarton. Any other games at Lesser lined up? 

I imagine that all of the players to re-sign have now been announced so the potential team currently looks like this

Tbc (Muir/Crawford)

Grant Foy Gibson TBC

Mcgrory Magee TBC

Galt Moore Martin

Clearly a left back and a couple of natural centre mids are needed as well as depth across all positions. At least 8 players needed plus some of the u21s stepping up. Hopefully this week will see things being confirmed. At the moment my biggest concerns would be lack of experience and who will get the goals.

Edited by Skol1867

1 hour ago, spider1867 said:

Big forward from Kilsyth

Salim Kouider-Aïssa - ex Stenny, QOS and Beanos where he under-achieved. Hope the three years with the juniors has him ready to finally make the step-up.

46 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Salim Kouider-Aïssa - ex Stenny, QOS and Beanos where he under-achieved. Hope the three years with the juniors has him ready to finally make the step-up.

40 goals in 38 games for Kilsyth over the season. Fantastic record, however we’ve seen before from guys like Aidan Malone and Ross McPherson who were prolific in junior football that it doesn’t always follow a similar path in the seniors. Fingers crossed he produces the goods 

40 goals in 38 games for Kilsyth over the season. Fantastic record, however we’ve seen before from guys like Aidan Malone and Ross McPherson who were prolific in junior football that it doesn’t always follow a similar path in the seniors. Fingers crossed he produces the goods 

Very true. Both of those had the challenge of physique as I recall. Wee Archie in particular seemed to spend a lot of energy wrestling big centre backs. Maybe the big guy will compete better.

My expectations are low. The summer break gets shorter, the fishing pond shallower each year. I've no doubt the scouting team, led by Roberts, will have devoted many hours scouring the parks but it'll be another challenging year. 2-3 years ago we competed well against the likes of Arbroath and East Fife. Looking at the kind of players they've recruited and their pre-season fixtures, we're well of the pace. All the more reason for QP fans to get to Airdrie and make some noise.

Salim Koudier Aissa is not a "big" striker at all. Banged them in in juniors and players can improve but he was way off it last time in seniors and i doubt Kilsyth Rangers has brought him on greatly