Queen's Park 2019/20

Very early days to be talking about specifics, but the new ground gives the chance to make the place exclusively about our identity.
Obviously, we have the JB McAlpine pavilion, but there's more scope for naming stands etc. Would be good to see someone like Eddie Hunter recognised in some way, given his years of service to the club.
No idea what the costs would be, but it'd also be great to see murals etc. around the place to put our stamp on it. I know the Hampden Bowling Club did something similar. 
there is a real chance to make it a new begining for your club with this new stadium . it is difficult leaving your ground, but one thing you really only get one chance to get it right The suggestions 're Hunter stand murals etc great idea for the diehards mix that with some innovative ideas to get new fans into a smart sized stadium and you are on a winner, but at the end of the day you need a team getting results on the park for the club to grow

it could be an exciting new chapter at the club I know your chairmen from years ago grew up with him absolute top guy and as sharp as a tack I think you guys are going to come out of this well

13 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Agreed. No reflection on the SA at all. I assume the club has refused or ignored their requests for info about a free bus.

The club should be providing a free bus. Simple as that.

Paid for through compensation from SFA.  Anything else is an outrage.

Buses for the 2 "home games" at airdrie are now free.

30 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Why the club couldn't have told us the buses were free from the start is beyond me.

Anyway thank god they are. It will be hard enough to get any sort of crowd to these games.

As far as I'm aware the buses to Airdrie have always been free and expected the same for the Betfred Cup. Does anyone know who at the Club said this was not the case?

30 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

There was a post fom the club on Facebook with a link to the official website stating thst there would be a £10 charge for buses to home games. It has now beem amended to state there will be no charge.

It was on the Club Facebook page but was it put there by anyone from the Club?

On 22/06/2019 at 14:42, The man with no name said:

It was on the Club Facebook page but was it put there by anyone from the Club?

Who else would have put it there? We can't just put up content ourselves, all we can do is comment on what is uploaded by whoever is responsible for running our FB page.

If the content was provided by the supporters association then a charge was probably mentioned because nobody at the club bothered to confirm if they would subsidise the "home|" buses when asked by the supporters association. I think the unhappy comments posted by supporters have forced the issue

Edited by Mick1867

7 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Who else would have put it there? We can't just put up content ourselves, all we can do is comment on what is uploaded by whoever is responsible for running our FB page.

If the content was provided by the supporters association then a charge was probably mentioned because nobody at the club bothered to confirm if they would subsidise the "home|" buses when asked by the supporters association. I think the unhappy comments posted by supporters have forced the issue

Is it not the case that the Club order and pay for the home buses to Airdrie. These are not run by the Supporters Association. I suggest that these were included in a post for buses by the Supporters Association when they shouldn't have been. I also believe there was never any intention to charge for these and the inclusion of these with a charge has created a false impression.

11 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Is it not the case that the Club order and pay for the home buses to Airdrie. These are not run by the Supporters Association. I suggest that these were included in a post for buses by the Supporters Association when they shouldn't have been. I also believe there was never any intention to charge for these and the inclusion of these with a charge has created a false impression.

It said on the club website, not Facebook, that there was a £10 charge for buses to home games at Airdrie.  That would have been put on the website by someone at the club, not someone from the Supporters Association.  This is the point.  It was subsequently changed.

12 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Aye right, I look forward to someone from the club running the buses on the day, making sure we stop at the right pick up points etc. We can tell John that he has those days off

Once again, it's all about a lack of communication. He asked the question and didn't get an answer.  Far too much of this happening with our office staff. Needs sorted for the future 

Edited by Mick1867

1 hour ago, Chester Desmond said:

It said on the club website, not Facebook, that there was a £10 charge for buses to home games at Airdrie.  That would have been put on the website by someone at the club, not someone from the Supporters Association.  This is the point.  It was subsequently changed.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye right, I look forward to someone from the club running the buses on the day, making sure we stop at the right pick up points etc. We can tell John that he has those days off

Once again, it's all about a lack of communication. He asked the question and didn't get an answer.  Far too much of this happening with our office staff. Needs sorted for the future 

The lack of a response is not good but the sensible thing to do would have been to leave out the information for the home games and say that information would follow when available. Instead we have information for these games that still has to be confirmed officially.

For previous home games at Airdrie, the buses have been free and I expect this to be the case again. The buses have only departed from Hampden and not picked up in Clarkson or the City Centre. To put these in as pick up spots and with times without confirmation from the Club was always bound to cause a problem.

Edited by The man with no name

3 hours ago, The man with no name said:

The buses have only departed from Hampden and not picked up in Clarkson or the City Centre. To put these in as pick up spots and with times without confirmation from the Club was always bound to cause a problem.

One of the "home" games is midweek so it makes perfect sense for the bus to stop at the usual three spots. Unless we want to make it even more inconvenient for our supporters than it already is, especially those that work in the town.  I imagine the same arrangement was proposed for the Sunday game due to a reduced Sunday public transport service for those who don't live near Mount Florida

Ironically the Hamilton away game is the only bus departing straight from our social club which makes sense on a Saturday.. 

"Challenge Cup draw tomorrow

The draw for the first and second round of this season’s Challenge Cup takes place tomorrow, Wednesday 26 June, at 12:30pm.  You can watch it live on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikPPiZP-Zwo.

This season we will take part in the first round.  We are seeded number 13 in the south draw and will play a colts team from one of the following premierships sides; Celtic, Hamilton Accies, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Rangers or St. Mirren.

Dates for the first round are Tuesday 6 or Wednesday 7 August."

lgiphy.gif