Queen's Park 2019/20

8 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Club statement the other day referred to the ground "currently known asLesser Hampden, " which suggests to me the club either have or intend to sell the naming rights.

Or possibly the thought of our new ground being perceived as "lesser" is not a good way to start in a new league ground.

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Good plan. Ploughing money in to the playing group certainly helped Falkirk last season. Give it a couple of years and you'll get the old derby back with the Shire again.

There's talk of resurrecting some of the good ideas from the Rangers fans a few years ago. Jacuzzi in the social club seemed to be a winner. Maybe even a dart board. Maybe we could work them both in together on  Friday night training session for the players. Drunk Dart Dodging - keep them on their toes with that one. Open to any improvements you can think of.

Awrite mate chill out 😂😂😂

Club statement the other day referred to the ground "currently known asLesser Hampden, " which suggests to me the club either have or intend to sell the naming rights.

I think it's fair to say the ground currently known as The National Stadium will become the Wang King Arena or some such pish in the near future so there will only be one Hampden, the fourth Hampden.

El Presidente has spoken clearly that name rights must be considered. Fair enough, as long as Hampden Cars get first dibs on it.

11 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Is there any talk of what the redeveloped Lesser will be called. Are we sticking with Lesser Hampden and or JB Mcalpine? Or will it be renamed? Or would we sell the naming rights? 'The Irn Bru Arena' is catchy, but  'The City Facilities Management Holdings Ltd. Stadium' may be more fitting.

Lassani Arena 

Very early days to be talking about specifics, but the new ground gives the chance to make the place exclusively about our identity.

Obviously, we have the JB McAlpine pavilion, but there's more scope for naming stands etc. Would be good to see someone like Eddie Hunter recognised in some way, given his years of service to the club.

No idea what the costs would be, but it'd also be great to see murals etc. around the place to put our stamp on it. I know the Hampden Bowling Club did something similar. 

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:
1 hour ago, Chester Desmond said:
Lassani Arena 

Half time pakora, sounds good to me.

More of a munchie box punter myself. All of the stuff that's been swept off the floor at the end of the night.. with chips. Classic 

Edited by Mick1867

24 minutes ago, an86 said:

Obviously, we have the JB McAlpine pavilion, but there's more scope for naming stands etc. Would be good to see someone like Eddie Hunter recognised in some way, given his years of service to the club.

The Austin Reilly portaloos 

Very early days to be talking about specifics, but the new ground gives the chance to make the place exclusively about our identity.
No idea what the costs would be, but it'd also be great to see murals etc. around the place to put our stamp on it. I know the Hampden Bowling Club did something similar. 
Couldn't agree more. It will be interesting to see whether members/supporters are given the opportunity to give some input into things like this.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

It's a peculiar thing that people of good reputation seem to be revered only when they're dead. I suppose there's less chance of a scandal right enough, but I'd rather give praise to those still around. Guys like Malky and Jimmy Nic and Eddie should be thanked sooner rather than later. And a Ross Caven section where you actually have to slide tackle a steward to get in.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Davie Galt Wondergoal recreated in marble 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

And a Ross Caven section where you actually have to slide tackle a steward to get in.

Maybe a wee corner of the social club where big weans have to sit for a while to cool off. I'd be in it quite  a lot myself tbf

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fixture list up on the OS. Decent start for the away days in August. I see Team Media have been busy...looks good.

https://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/fixtures-new-season/

Thought we would have had a Christmas or New Year game against Rovers, but not to be

Our last ever scheduled game at Hampden is against Cove .

When do UEFA take control of the ground for the Euros? I seem to recall it was for about a fortnight before the last two european finals at Hampden. Wonder if it will be longer for a tournament and effect the venue for any potential play offs

Edited by Mick1867

5 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Thought we would have had a Christmas or New Year game against Rovers, but not to be

Our last ever scheduled game at Hampden is against Cove .

When do UEFA take control of the ground for the Euros? I seem to recall it was for about a fortnight before the last two european finals at Hampden. Wonder if it will be longer for a tournament and effect the venue for any potential play offs

Should be plenty of time...

image.png.e9dbab44b9ffb29f75471eb7dbf798cc.png

I see the club are charging £10 to get to Airdrie for the two home games. Wholly unacceptable. Fans should not be hit in the pocket because the club cannot provide a suitable home venue. You're talking £50 to attend both of these games. 

7 minutes ago, an86 said:

I see the club are charging £10 to get to Airdrie for the two home games. Wholly unacceptable. Fans should not be hit in the pocket because the club cannot provide a suitable home venue. You're talking £50 to attend both of these games. 

Shocking that subsidised transport is not available for these games. Fair enough if the game was somewhere in Glasgow but Airdrie is awkward to get to by public transport. Fans being hit in the pocket for something out of their control.

Just to clarify, this is in no way a criticism of the folk who do a great job running the buses. The club should absolutely be stepping in to subsidise, even if it's going to make a loss.