Queen's Park 2019/20

50 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

On 6th of June Queens Park Twitter said Mark Roberts has great news on players signing for Queens next day we were told about Galt . Since then nothing when will we hear the rest of the great news .

1 July or thereabouts for new players. If/when we go professional that will change - along with a lot of other more important things.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Maclean has now signed for Annan 

So Hart, Maclean, Gerry, Dom, Roberts, Mckernon, Hawke , Ruth all away

Been grim reading so far this pre season. Let's see what July brings but not feeling confident right now

Re Michael Ruth, I think thats a bad move. Aberdeen aren't renowned for bringing  kids through, look at Lawrence Shankland, he wasted three years of his career at Pitoddrie. Ruth might benefit from the full time training but there's a big risk he'll get lost in their youth system, he would get far more out of staying at Hampden for another season and getting 30/40 first team games under his belt. Anyway, hope he proves me wrong.
I hope you're wrong too but I share your concerns. The bigger clubs are hoovering up young Scots talent but filling their teams with readymade imports. Shankland had to step back to make his mark and arguably it's his time at Ayr that's made him.

48 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
17 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Which is entirely Queens own choice

Am I correct in thinking that the deciding factor is that it has to be a full time contract, something that's going to affect all part time clubs?

No just has to be a professional contract. Can be part-time.

Yer man Moonglum saying on our thread ex QP to be announced in the coming days. Midfielder or forward. I've plucked McKernon from thin air is he still kicking about?

I also heard the other day we are looking to get Summers back after the Swann deal fell through.

On 14/06/2019 at 17:17, Hampden Diehard said:
On 14/06/2019 at 13:10, Merkland Red said:
Came in to see if there was any chat about Ruth and saw this post. FWIW, Aberdeen paid a fee for Shankland when United did not for Robertson and Conolly. Would not be surprised if that was the case this time as well.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13110430.aberdeen-agree-terms-over-shankland-move/

Robertson himself insisted that United paid a fee; ditto Spittal.

But we didn't get a fee up front from United for Robertson, like Aberdeen gave us for Spittal. Thompson refused that. Their concession was we get a percentage of any sell on fee. They obviously did not foresee him being so good that he left for Hull City after one season. They ended up having to pay us far more than we originally would have happily accepted

On 6/15/2019 at 22:27, big al said:

Completely disagree.

How on earth is he going to develop by playing another season with the same dross as last season?

A great chance for the lad to develop at 1 of the best clubs in Scotland. You mention Shankland, but the reality is Shankland has come out of it all pretty well, yes not with Aberdeen but obviously something has worked that he’s had a great season at Ayr and there’s a few Premiership clubs who would like him in their team.

Shankland had his chance at Aberdeen but he sadly wasn't good enough. The move away did wonders for him as he wasn't dislodging Rooney any time soon.

24 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
21 hours ago, The man with no name said:
No just has to be a professional contract. Can be part-time.

Could be I'm talking mince.

Never been known...

I just wish I had paid attention at the club's AGM. Pretty sure they explained it all to us 

34 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Very disappointing. He was giving Roberts hugs and "defo back next year" at the last game. It's a shallow pond in many ways.

Definitely very disappointing. He and Hart will be the biggest misses this coming season.

19 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Very disappointing. He was giving Roberts hugs and "defo back next year" at the last game. It's a shallow pond in many ways.

That's football. Probably did have every intention of coming back, but Annan will be offering decent terms for guys to go down there and play. He's maybe had a look at who else is away and sees Annan as a better shot at challenging at the top end. A short career for these guys and they've got to be selfish about it. 

48 minutes ago, an86 said:

That's football. Probably did have every intention of coming back, but Annan will be offering decent terms for guys to go down there and play. He's maybe had a look at who else is away and sees Annan as a better shot at challenging at the top end. A short career for these guys and they've got to be selfish about it. 

Yes it is. Professional football. We can't keep asking managers to do well on a Saturday hopping on one leg and an arm tied behind there back. Successive committees have ignored the grotesquely huge elephant in the room for many years (don't start me on the timeline regarding the stadium) but we cannot go on like this. Berwick won't be back in the SPFL and if Rovers or Cowden go down they'll be overtaken too. If we just stand in line waiting for our turn we deserve to go down. It's painful to watch.  Being completely Amateur just isn't an option anymore.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Yes it is. Professional football. We can't keep asking managers to do well on a Saturday hopping on one leg and an arm tied behind there back. Successive committees have ignored the grotesquely huge elephant in the room for many years (don't start me on the timeline regarding the stadium) but we cannot go on like this. Berwick won't be back in the SPFL and if Rovers or Cowden go down they'll be overtaken too. If we just stand in line waiting for our turn we deserve to go down. It's painful to watch.  Being completely Amateur just isn't an option anymore.

Perhaps you could tell us where we are going to get the money to pay the players when we are losing our major source of income when we sell Hampden to the SFA?