Queen's Park 2019/20

Not sure if there is a general Queens Park thread to put this or not.  

Andrew Robertson has had a fantastic rise in his career from the Spiders to Scottish International and Champions League winner in a relative short period of time.

What is annoying me is that I have seen a lot of one of our own posts on social media recently from United and some Celtic fans on the basis he started out at Celtics academy and a good season at Tannadice that resulted in him getting his move south.  

Queens should also be given a lot of the credit and recognition for the part they played in his career, after all if they had not given him a chance to get his career going after his release by Celtic who knows how it would have turned out for him.

The final thing I am going to say is all the best to Queens Park for the new season ahead. 

Other than Stirling, doesn’t appear to be much activity for any L2 teams. Natural pecking order?

Good to see Kalvin Orsi back in the Championship. Thought he had terrific potential but never got enough time out with us. Wastefully under employed. Sean Burns move to Forfar is a good one too as they strengthen for another promotion run.

McGurn leaving Cowden will be a massive blow for them. Their financial position is well documented . Tough season ahead.

I’m content to wait for our news. In recent years we were still trialling when the LC started and signed players as late as September. I have a programme from the late 60s where the Committee announced all the squad as the season kicked off. And others where The Committee would comment on the manager’s performance. [emoji23][emoji23] we’ve definitely got better - a bit[emoji6]

https://spfl.co.uk/news/summer-signings

32 minutes ago, PeterParker said:

Has anyone heard any news if Cammy Foy and Adam Martin will be fit enough to take part in pre season training assuming both are still at the club.

I have no idea, but I would be happy to see them both in the squad. Cammy had a lot of potential and Adam was really on a game at the time of his injury.

Club can't really do anything about pricing etc. All agreed beforehand. However, it's a stretch to see many, beyond the core of those who go to most away games, attending the Clyde game.

Highly likely to be a bounce game with a £12/15 price tag on a Sunday afternoon in Airdrie. I'll probably be there, but it's the one I'm most likely to miss if I wake up on the Sunday feeling rough. 

Edited by an86

Assume we'd get some sort of token development fee for Ruth? 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we couldn't get a development fee for young players because we couldn't offer them a professional contract.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we couldn't get a development fee for young players because we couldn't offer them a professional contract.
I think that might kick in only when they reach a certain age. And I think it's a full time contract. I believe that we get something if the guy is below a certain age.

It's a situation that kicks the feet away from smaller clubs developing youngsters.

I think that might kick in only when they reach a certain age. And I think it's a full time contract. I believe that we get something if the guy is below a certain age.

It's a situation that kicks the feet away from smaller clubs developing youngsters.

Especially Amateur smaller clubs.

Debate starts here.