Queen's Park 2019/20

Finding out our home games will be at Airdrie from the SPFL website rather from our own club is poor. Not that it really matters how we found out but you expect a bit more regard for the fans than that.
Does anyone know if the website, Facebook etc. are run by volunteers or by paid club staff? I've always felt the website was a bit sparse on information compared to many other clubs, but it's perhaps not fair to criticise if it's being updated solely by volunteers in their own time.

As far as I know FB is run by volunteers and the website by paid club staff. To be fair the FB site is usually pretty up to date and has now posted the SPFL info about our home games being at Airdrie.

Or the Penny Cars Stadium to be more exact. Who says romance is dead in Scottish football?

I quite like Airdrie's set up but 3 times before the league kicks off is a bit much. Extraordinary coincidence that both Clyde and QP are having work done to the pitch.

Anton Brady was viewing from the stand near the end of the season. Enjoyed watching Brady but I'd be more at ease if Boris' mystery man is Wullie Muir.

15 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'd be more at ease if Boris' mystery man is Wullie Muir.

Yeah - I'm already salivating at the prospect of him returning yet again before announcing in late August that he needs the cash for next year's holiday, and jumps ship at the first paid offer he receives. Just the kind of stability we'll need this coming season of all seasons. On a par with Darren Millar for the way he's treated us previously so I'll be at the back of any welcoming queue with my Macdonald's milk shake at the ready.

As far as I know FB is run by volunteers and the website by paid club staff. To be fair the FB site is usually pretty up to date and has now posted the SPFL info about our home games being at Airdrie.
Or the Penny Cars Stadium to be more exact. Who says romance is dead in Scottish football?

Yeah, as I've said the website is not great when compared to some other clubs, and seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity. I've mentioned before that I've hunted on the website for info on membership and found nothing, you'd think that if membership is an important source of income (maybe it's not in the bigger picture) there would be information and encouragement on the site to get more people applying. Not everyone uses Facebook, so it would be good to make more use of the website. Well done to the volunteers who do keep the Facebook page pretty well updated, (often with links to the website), but it's a bit disappointing if paid staff can't do a bit better with the website. I don't want to be overly critical, as I have no idea how many staff we have or what they do, so perhaps they are a very busy small team who can't do everything, however I recently emailed the club office looking for some information and haven't yet heard anything back. Again I'm trying not to be overly negative, but it's quite frustrating that no one has managed to acknowledge my email when I'm effectively looking for information about giving money to the club.

2 hours ago, The Spider said:

Yeah - I'm already salivating at the prospect of him returning yet again before announcing in late August that he needs the cash for next year's holiday, and jumps ship at the first paid offer he receives. Just the kind of stability we'll need this coming season of all seasons. On a par with Darren Millar for the way he's treated us previously so I'll be at the back of any welcoming queue with my Macdonald's milk shake at the ready.

Like you've ever been to McDonald's :lol:

What a load of shite

Nowhere near on a par with Miller who was booted out the door twice by Gus. Willie gave us 3 exceptional seasons ( I can forgive him his brief departure for EF, it didn't work out, happy when he returned) before he was dropped for poor performances. He couldn't get back in the team so asked to leave.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat

2 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:
21 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Yeah, as I've said the website is not great when compared to some other clubs, and seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity. I've mentioned before that I've hunted on the website for info on membership and found nothing, you'd think that if membership is an important source of income (maybe it's not in the bigger picture) there would be information and encouragement on the site to get more people applying. Not everyone uses Facebook, so it would be good to make more use of the website. Well done to the volunteers who do keep the Facebook page pretty well updated, (often with links to the website), but it's a bit disappointing if paid staff can't do a bit better with the website. I don't want to be overly critical, as I have no idea how many staff we have or what they do, so perhaps they are a very busy small team who can't do everything, however I recently emailed the club office looking for some information and haven't yet heard anything back. Again I'm trying not to be overly negative, but it's quite frustrating that no one has managed to acknowledge my email when I'm effectively looking for information about giving money to the club.

Might be on holiday, or some at least. The work on the pich might be a distraction and then the nonsense with the SFA is still rumbling on. Was it the secretary@queesparkfc.co.uk address?

2 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:
21 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Might be on holiday, or some at least. The work on the pich might be a distraction and then the nonsense with the SFA is still rumbling on. Was it the secretary@queesparkfc.co.uk address?

Yes, it was that address. Like I said, I'm trying not to be overly critical, and I don't know what their workload is like, there could be folk on holiday as you say, but I would have expected someone could spare 5 mins to reply to fairly simple request. I
will try giving them a call tomorrow instead.

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Like you've ever been to McDonald's :lol:

What a load of shite

Nowhere near on a par with Miller who was booted out the door twice by Gus. Willie gave us 3 exceptional seasons ( I can forgive him his brief departure for EF, it didn't work out, happy when he returned) before he was dropped for poor performances. He couldn't get back in the team so asked to leave.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat

Depends what colour of spectacles you're viewing it through Mick, in your case rose-tinted?  Muir was a fabulous goalkeeper for us, no doubt about that, but my final memory is that of player who sulked when left on the bench to cool his jest for a view weeks (to an inferior 'keeper it has to be said) and then demanded to be released mid season (when the current notice period didn't exist). There's ways of going about things, and especially at a time when we needed players to commit to us for an entire season, his was hardly exemplary behavior. There were those who felt that if Gus had tolerated him then we would have avoided relegation, and in truth that might well have been the case, but sometimes players need to be dropped for attitude reasons and I respect the manager's right to do that if there's a bigger picture to be seen. Just a pity Wullie briefly thought he was bigger than the club. No player is............not even Gods like Davie Anderson or (for Hampden Diehard's benefit) Jimmy Rooney.

PS - You're right about McDonald's......................more of a Burger King man myself................still enjoying the memory of last Saturday's Bacon King burger!

I doubt very much Wullie ever thought he was bigger than the club - he was just pissed off at being dropped in favour of a clearly inferior player. These things happen in football.

If he came back I'm sure he would be welcomed back with open arms by the vast majority of the support. Possibly everyone except The Spider!

Boris, and we're still talking hypothetically here right? If of sound mind and free will he voluntarily adds to his contract that he'll stay for the entire season then fair enough as that was good enough for players of this club for over 150 years. I don't mind players using the club as a stepping stone to better things, but once bitten thrice shy in Wullie's case.

Well I’m sure Wullie would do all that just to keep you happy Spider.[emoji42]

For the rest of us - if he came back - we would just be delighted to see a great QP player back where he belongs. Not to mention a much needed addition to the squad.

I really hope it does happen but I’m sure I know as much as you Spider.